UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Yep...so the fuck what?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

So admit that you grant the existence of God, Jesus' Resurrection, Buddha, Allah, the Great Flood and the Parting of the Red Sea.

Also, faeries and leprechauns, while we're at it. Because strangers have made those claims and you give them the benefit of the doubt, and you don't know of anything they've done to give you reason not to.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Nope..never said that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

"I give them the benefit of the doubt. For me people are trustworthy until they do something or something is revealed about them that is dishonest. "

People have claimed God and leprechauns.

Admit you grant God and leprechauns or show yourself to be a hypocrite. Again.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Buzz off troll. I'm tired of your pedantic semantic antics.

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Yep. Dodging. The other side of the hypocrisy coin.

Every time you get caught in it, you lose your temper. It's quite a tell.

A word of advice: Don't play poker.

Kristoffer likes this.
  10. Seattle Valued Senior Member

He has a grid on his chest that couldn't come from a space ship or anything else unless his stomach was touching a grid and he never claimed that to be the case. That's doesn't tell you everything that did happen but it tells you what didn't happen.

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Yes. Sarkus covered this nicely in post 6503.

One thing we can conclusively say is that the incident did not happen as the claimant said it did.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What is it with you? A blind spot where you just can't see evidence that explains the apparent woo? This time, it's right there in the very next sentence. I guess your brain just skips over that stuff out of habit. You should maybe see somebody about it.

The anomalous readings were subsequently uncovered to be due to a radium vein which was near the site.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Watch out for those hot barbecue grids they have on board!

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You mean, apart from the evidence that he told some lies? Did your brain skip over that, too?

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

He lied to the police. No biggie. Who doesn't lie to the police when they've been drinking?

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Interesting moral slipperiness there, when it suits you.

So, lying to the police does not make somebody untrustworthy, according to you. Noted.

What other moral faults are you prepared to forgive, as long as they come from people who stories about little green men? Care to expand?

17. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Lol! Hopefully, I’ll have time to pack some protective gear before “they” arrive.

Joking aside though, what do you think (your best guess) may have caused those burn marks? I can’t see him stumbling upon/falling on a grid of some kind, because the marks look like they were an indentation or something pressed into him, if that makes sense. The pattern looks too perfect.

Just curious if you have any ideas.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Grid pattern burn on the stomach. Melted goggles. Radiation on his burnt shirt. A ring burned into the ground vegetation. Pieces of melted metal in the crack of the rock. Prolonged unusual symptoms of illness. All trace evidence consistent with his story.

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Not moral slipperiness. Just the generous and healthy open-mindedness of humans being humans.

20. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

He denied having several drinks at the hotel, but evidence and hotel staff proved that to be false. He wanted people to believe this outrageous story, but he couldn’t tell a simple truth about his alcohol consumption that night. I’d like to consider myself an open-minded skeptic, but it’s hard to keep an open mind when people who allege UFO encounters can’t be honest about the chain of events that led to the “encounter.”

He likely lied because he was known to have addictions and substance abuse issues, and thought no one would believe his story, anyway. He didn’t just tell a white lie though, he said he was sober. And it sounds like he drank quite a few “Presbyterians” that night.

~shrug~

sideshowbob likes this.
  21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

As long as it involves only ghosts or UFOs.
    Not if it involves God, the Resurrection, the Parting of the Red Sea, Allah, leprechauns, faeries or anything else not on your Wish-it-Were-True List.
    That's the opposite of objectivity.

Which is fine - there's nothing wrong with having personal beliefs. Unless you try to bring them up publicly in a discussion of their objective reality. Then it becomes hypocrisy.

I'll tell you what though. I'm a reasonable guy. I'll grant you that these people who tell accounts of UFOs and ghost are every bit as reliable as these people who tell accounts of leprechauns and faeries and sea partings.

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Anyway, the guy lied several times about several aspects of his account. That is fact.

I welcome MR to be as "open-minded" as he wants about known liars. In fact, I encourage it; I am currently arranging to have my friend the Nigerian Prince contact MR about a personal fortune he needs to get out of Nigeria.

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Sounds like you've had quite an epiphany. So when did you realize there is nothing wrong with having personal beliefs?