Unbiased Poll for Proud_Muslim

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Maia, Mar 29, 2004.

?

Should Proud_Muslim be banned?

1. Yes.

35 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. No.

49 vote(s)
    58.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I' m not desperate about it either, a poll was presented, I know the guy did not follow the rules often and so I voted based of logic alone.

As for a comment about me being a loser and a idiot: it looks like your the one that has emotion about this, so much so that you can't even write a valid argument.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Not a valid argument in your desperate eyes.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

No not a valid argument in the eyes of logic and philosophical reasoning. Look up ad hominem: Its not valid to say someone is wrong because of traits they might or might not have, You can only say someone is wrong based of evidence against their argument not character.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Padma Spankologist Registered Senior Member

Come now children, lets play nicely. The issue at hand is this; should PM be banned? If he were banned then we wouldn't have the discussions we have now about him or his threads. We can all learn either from him or each other by introducing new ideas and thoughts that other wise would never be born (if he were to be banned). All we have to do then is to simply take it or leave it. Okay?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

The arguemtn against Proud Muslim's banning seems to be fairly weak, in that it consists only of "we all break the rules sometimes."

I agree.
    Once in awhile we all make posts trying to push our ideas on others and not even attempting to actually converse with anybody.
    Once in awhile some of us threaten the lives of someone/group (although usually jokingly... I hope).
    Once in awhile some of us post the same basic thing over an over.
    Once in awhile we all jump to unfounded conclusions.
    Once in awhile we are all assholes.

The key issue here is 'once in awhile...'

Proud Muslim seems to be much more consistent in his lack of conversation then anyone else on this board. At no time have I actually seen this person hold a discussion with anyone. For PM, this board appears to only to serve as a place for him to advertise his ideas.

He shouldn't be banned because he breaks 'community standards'/rules.
    He should be banned because he does so consistently.

9. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Ban PM?

Nope.

We need him. (Sort of)
    Dee Cee

10. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Do you do everything on the basis of 'logic alone' Fetus?

Your sex life must suck.
    Mind you, where's the logic in sucking?

Dee Cee

11. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

How is it that we need him, DeeCee?

12. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. He definitely presents a contrasting view.

13. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

He does it in a vile, belligerent, and antagoinzing way.

14. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

You don't even take this seriously.

All this guy does is arrogantly espouse his own agenda.

If you need him to remind you that you're normal, you're probably not normal.

15. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

"All this guy does is arrogantly espouse his own agenda."
    That is just too funny. Ban on the grounds of being too arrogant and opinionated. I arrogantly assert your stupidity!

16. Hastein Welcome To Kampuchea Registered Senior Member

Zen proverb: listen to what a man says, not how he says it.

17. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Oh, come on, man. We can all be arrogant and impervious to persuasion sometimes, but PM is consistent in both that and his dragging 'his agenda' into every single thread in which he posts.

Has he ever written a post that did not refer to Allah, Mohammed, or Zionists/Jews?

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

DeeCee,

I use logic on arguments mainly…

My sex life sometimes involves bondage (well just that on time, but I'm trying to get a girl friend willing to do that again.)

19. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Based on your argument, which indicated your desperation to ban PM, godknows why, i have asserted my assumption. PM can express his own point of view if he wants to. Why're you so eager to shut him down?
    Hahahaha. Philosophical reasoning in a ban PM thread?

20. Bells Staff Member

You can't ban someone because you disagree with their ideology or beliefs. Sure he can be a pain in the butt sometimes (aren't we all?), but think of all the others who are just like him, if not worse. Hell, I can think of several others who deserve the boot more than PM. He has his (many) ranting moments, but he also questions the status quo and he's come out with some good points which have led to many many discussions on here.

If he breaks the fundamental (bannable) rules of the forum, then yeah, he should be banned, like all of us if we also break the rules. However just banning him because he's in your face about his beliefs is wrong. If he's that bothersome to you, it's easy. Put him on ignore.

21. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Ok so he rants about his views, big deal so do others, you just gotta learn whats a valid point, and whats just bias crap, he wont be a problem once you can distinguish between the good points he makes, and his pointless rants against others, besides if you ban him he'll come back with a different name, why bother?

22. If his religon is the lens which he views his life through it is still a rational if extreme view point. As long as he does not break the rules, we should allow him a voice.

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

laughing weasel and others,

But he did break the rules repeatedly that’s why we want him banished, not because he's a Muslim fanatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.