Unbiased Poll for Proud_Muslim

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Maia, Mar 29, 2004.

?

Should Proud_Muslim be banned?

1. Yes.

35 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. No.

49 vote(s)
    58.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Blah blah blah, we have legitimate reason for banning you and it is not about what you say, its about how your say it. Try not to resort to fallacies and rude language, try to use neutral wording, ect.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

not everyone is confortable with other people parading their pride...

if they do not wish to hear the truth you preach, do not try to convince them.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

six more votes to keep him and its over.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

PM : Please say what the hell you want.

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"not everyone is confortable with other people parading their pride"
    But I love parading it so much!

9. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I vote for banning hypewaders from posting suggestive pictures.

10. prajna Registered Member

If you don't like what he has to say don't read it. If he offends you; when you see his name on the post don't read it. It is that simple people. I am here to see everyone's point on something not just those that I agree with. It would be a shame to only have agreement on all subjects. If he can not argue his stance accordingly than his point will be lost, but let him lose it, don't merely silence him.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

With the quorum cut in half 26 would have been the ending point, as is Proud_Muslim remains. This poll is over, congrats Proud_Muslim, will kill you later.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Someone tell Porfiry

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  12. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

proudmuslim used to be proud syrian, until PS got banned right?

he got around the ban by becoming PM, thats cheating

assuming he actually deserved the ban as PS, it should hold no matter how many names he chooses

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

PS was more of a fanatic then PM, if they are the same person they he has been trying to get nicer and nicer through each banning. So GW became PS who became PM.

14. Zarkov Banned Banned

>> No..he has the right to speak his mind

You guys had better understand the state of the world's human minds.

We have "them", a group of unsophisticated human beings. Being un-sophist-isticated (not intoxicated from living in natural surroundings) they are in close contact with their conscience (the common conscience of LIFE). They are fighting for LIFE's right to grow into a perennial organism.

Then we have a group of sophisticated human beings. Sophistry is the result of selfish, agenda laidened reasoning, that organic minds create when they are intoxicated by metal poi-soning. This intoxication is natural and good but the outcome will be destruction of the whole and then the one. Unless the error of enquiry is realised and acted upon, our toys will achieve LIFE's default option, one of an annual organism, seeding and the death of LIFE here.

This is a turning point in the life cycle of LIFE on this hunk of rock.

Proud Muslem has a right to speak from his conscience.. if the words don't agree with yours the maybe you should try to think in a bigger picture.... that of the good for the organism LIFE itself, and stop thinking on short selfish gains. And this applies to everyone.

LIFE here could be for many millions of years to come, for our children's children's .......... children.

The rulers of our fate here and now, should be restrained. The discussion should be the only way to the future, not destruction, alienation and extinction.

If we are alive we have a need to be here, for each of us has a bit of the jigsaw.... forever is a long time, now is so short it can't even be measured.

I vote for tolerance and discussion... I am interested in reason and eternity, the other, winning for now, is for fools and sophists.

Is there any other way ?????????????????????

15. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Proud Muslem has a right to speak from his conscience.. if the words don't agree with yours the maybe you should try to think in a bigger picture.... that of the good for the organism LIFE itself, and stop thinking on short selfish gains. And this applies to everyone.
    Wow... what a shitty argument. I argue that PM is not speaking from his conscience, but his ass. If you don't agree with me then maybe you should try to think of the bigger picture... me.

16. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

That's pretty shitty too, actually.

17. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Yeah, that was the point. I simply forgot to put the above message in [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] brackets.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Zarkov:

From dictionary.com:

Sophistry has something to do with ability to argue deviously, and also something to do with the ability to think. It has nothing to do with being out of contact with the "common conscience of LIFE" (whatever that is).

19. Paula Registered Senior Member

PM should not be banned.

Why do you want to ruin all my fun anyway?

20. Zarkov Banned Banned

>> Sophistry has something to do with ability to argue deviously, and also something to do with the ability to think. It has nothing to do with being out of contact with the "common conscience of LIFE"

Sophist James R, winning at any cost is not moral, it is being out of contact with the "common conscience of LIFE"

You should look in the mirror more often.

21. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

That line's a little old, don't you think?

22. Zarkov Banned Banned

>> That line's a little old, don't you think?

Sorry ??
    truth becomes old ???? more like truth is forgotten.

Sophists never appeal to truth, they never appeal to a well rounded argument, nor do they cede that they know very little. Never let truth get in the way of a good argument..... if this is your reflection..... too late to help

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Are you saying I am a sophist who wants to win at any cost?
    Win what, Zarkov? What competition are you talking about here?

Hmm... that doesn't sound like me. I think you must have somebody else in mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.