Unexplained "atoms" near a street lamp

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by victor terence jones, Oct 24, 2019.

1. victor terence jones Registered Member

Help, I am new and every time I write something, I am told it s wrong but no advice on how to post something.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

You just posted this post so looks like you’re all set.

victor terence jones likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Who tells you it is wrong?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. victor terence jones Registered Member

I am asked to name the post in a box, I tried 3 different headings and was told wrong ?

8. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I just use the quick reply at the bottom of the page.

You should find that easier.

9. victor terence jones Registered Member

I am after advice, I have had a video on youtube for 2 plus years, I am looking for someone with a scientific background, to answer my question, am not sure which forum that comes under, Briefly I filmed into an led streetlight and the film showed what I am calling atoms but the size of these "atoms" don't make sense, I am informed they should not be visible to the eye, Smaller ones circle larger ones and disappear inside, and one bumps into another and 2 become 14 with a large explosion, this happened in a snowstorm and you can see the snowflakes exploding (blue). I thought I would have more luck on this channel.

wegs likes this.
  10. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Ah you couldn't create a thread...

Try posting(copy and paste) the url in the quick reply with exact questions or whatever.

More help on this forum? Hold tight!

If you want to create a thread, give it a name in the box at the top(after you click on create thread button in this sub forum), and use the big box for you link and questions. If this is not working contact a mod like JamesR or Tiassa.

Good luck!

11. victor terence jones Registered Member

Thanks Dave, I think they wanted me to put at least 1 name in their top box, I it ok if I use yours.

12. victor terence jones Registered Member

I think I have it now, this is the video in question, I hope you watch this with an open mind it has taken me years to get my head around what is happening to me, if you can find a logical scientific explanation that is ok

13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

It sounds like a topic suited for the “General Science” subforum. Welcome, by the way. You seem nice and not full of yourself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. victor terence jones Registered Member

Thanks for that Wegs, I am only after knowledge, I have tried on youtube but I need science to answer this one way or another. I have so many videos waiting for an answer but I am calm and will be patient.

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Some smart scientists here so you will find your answer.

16. victor terence jones Registered Member

17. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Not sure what you mean, but no problem.

18. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

in your video you have posted

you do not seem to be capable of allowing the video of the event just play out from beginning to end

i notice the super imposed image impression that renders into the frame as a begative 3d modeled print is played at relative creation speed
    but then everything elses is paused.

it appears you have manufactured the video including still images
    3d overlay model render of a random non conformist diagrammatic shape

and ... spend most of your time simply repeating in audio over and over telling the audience what they should be experiencing.

you look like you are copying some of the early ufo and alien hoaxer systems of directly intended manipulation and online grooming

who are you grooming for ?
    and whom are you attempting to groom ?
    (i hope[i am]{you can prove me} wrong)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  19. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

see also: http://www.sciforums.com/threads/i-...es-in-air-with-my-naked-eyes-what-i-do.81360/

20. victor terence jones Registered Member

21. victor terence jones Registered Member

Thanks for your comment, all welcome, the easy answer out of this is to say this video is doctored, what you are seeing is what I filmed into an led streetlight, I have made a few videos of this, the original and others at slower and slower speeds, this actual video is clips from each of these versions, with narration added, not many people want to watch a full slowed down video, so in my mind if people watch a shorter taster they will then watch the original. This is all genuine footage as downloaded from my mobile phone. I am a 72 year old semi retired builder trying to find answers to what is happening to me, from your reply I see why it was not viewed many times on youtube, I hope I can change your mind.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Hello victor terence jones.
    Okay. We need a bit more information.

How did you film this? What camera did you use? Oh wait, you say later that this was filmed with a mobile phone...

In the video, it looks like the camera is pointing upwards, and you say this happened "in a snowstorm".

Based on the information you have provided so far, I can tell you that these are certainly not atoms. Atoms are invisible to the naked eye, or to a standard camera.

My initial impression is that these look like water droplets on the lens, or melting snow flakes, or something like that. That's why I'm interested to know about the exact conditions under which you filmed this.

Also, you say you've had this on youtube for 2 years. What other responses have you had about this, so far? Is there a general consensus about possible/likely explanations?

What we need is more context, first and foremost.

Okay, so the camera lens on a mobile phone is very small. If water droplets land on it, they can look huge in the resulting image. And this one, you tell us, was facing up while it was snowing. Was it also drizzling rain? Did you try wiping the lens at all?

That sounds like this was not a single, isolated incident, but part of some larger pattern you're perceiving.

What do you think is happening to you? And how do you think that whatever it is that is happening to you now relate to something you filmed 2 years ago?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Those are absolutely not atoms. They are optical artifacts called interference patterns. They do not represent objects in space, but are what happens when light interacts with its own waves at the edges of things.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_interference