Unusal Place, This

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Read-Only, Mar 21, 2007.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Q would be the cop that would allow Read Only to get away with murder because he 'out smarted' the law.

I know. Let's do a poll.
    Coming up.

First.
    As to the admin thing.
    I noted the obvious death threat, made a thread about it in the mod forum, and the admin agreed.
    I banned no one. I merely brought it to Plazma's attention.
    Q is the only mod on the forum who has spoke up with the opinion that there was no death threat. Yet, he is always right, isn't he?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

So, it looks like you are guilty of providing doctored intelligence to the President?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Murder? Could you please point out exactly where Read Only claimed to wanting to murder anyone? Please do. And please remember, YOU used the word murder.

No, you incorrectly asserted a threat was made, yet no threat was ever made, there was no declaration of intention, unless of course, you can point that out? You also asserted the threat was made to a particular individual on this forum, with no evidence whatsoever to back up your assertion.

Clearly, you were mistaken and knee-jerked a reaction.

That statement would indicate you haven't a leg to stand and are appealing to fallacy.

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

blah blah blah blah.
    blahy blahb blah blah.
    blah blah blah blah blah.

Just shut up.
    We all know that Read Only would fit right into your little doggy pack.
    Don't worry, Q, his ban will expire and you can implore him to return to your loving arms.
    Patience.

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I'll kill you for that.

10. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

In this case he is (though it pains me to say, but the truth must triumph.) Refer to a previous post three pages back where I demonstrate this with flawless logic and simultaneously accuse the mod/admin who banned Read-Only of having had a logicdectomy.

11. Sputnik Banned Banned

After Meta started to write in the thread , Read-only wrote this .......

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And that is your argument? That is how you defend your actions?

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Yes, Ophiolite.
    The 'if'.
    That much is obvious.
    It was an attempt to remain safe.
    Yet, that is the oldest trick in the book.
    To add "I think" in front of an insult to avoid the charge of slander.
    It'll still get your ass beat though.

It's ironic that the death threat was issued with the sideline of being safe. A bit of recursion was taking place.

So, technically speaking, it was 'safe'. But, it was a death threat nonetheless and the punishment was more than justified.
    Hell, the idiot only got a three day ban. Ordinarily threats of violence bring far more than that upon the heads of the perpetrators.

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Earth to Q,

There is no argument.
    There are no actions to defend.

Welcome to reality.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Originally Posted by Read-Only
    "Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever." The guy on the anti-HIV/AIDS campaign fits that prediction all too nicely, I'm afraid. (And as a side note, he's already appeared in this thread and made a couple of attempts to goad me. The poor, weak-minded individual doesn't seem to realize that there's nothing he can possibly do to entice me to engage him. See just how hopeless his case is?)

So, where is Metakron's name? Where does it say that Read Only declared he would kill Metakron?

Unfounded assertions abound.

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Not really. There is the generally ignorant, where there is a chance of education. I only put on Ignore the malicious ones, or those who are proved to be unable to improve themself.
    In either cases, there is no point in continuing the discussion with them.

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You're not that stupid, Q.

Read-Only expected me to believe it, and he expected me to know it was me. He deliberately made it convincing. That's at least as much as it takes. He also set the condition that he would do it if he could find me.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  18. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

In other words, whether he intended to do the deed or not, he intended for the threat to be believed, and by me. He also intended to be able to go back and say that he didn't really threaten me.

This is a lot of the AIDS scene, too, where they say things then deny saying them and deny the alligator, and just a bunch of stuff that's too ludicrous to be true but they keep saying and doing it and they make this babble that somehow keeps them out of the kind of trouble that they deserve.

19. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Drop the AIDS thing, Meta.

20. Ripley Valued Senior Member

I am not going to read six pages of this... but quick question: have you all figured out who Read-Only is? I'm just curious. To be blatantly a poseur, hypocrite, and a liar so as to attack another's credibility, was, I thought, interesting -- vintage Sciforums.com, circa 2007.

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

His ip doesn't match anyone else.
    It's most likely that he was invited here by a friend or some such.
    It's always possible that he is what he says, but the doggy pack was quick to gather around.

22. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I would guess the simple answer is "No". There's been a lot of debate over Read-Only's posts however which should hopefully bring something productive out of it.

For instance defining "What is a death threat?" and "What to do if someone threatens another sciforums user?".

Technically, Read-Only didn't threaten.

i.e.
    A Death threat could be seen as:
    "<insert name> I'm going to gut you like a fish, since your such a loser and make others regret they were born by knowing of you."

Where as the following is technically not actually a threat, more of a sadistic statement on the part of the poster that uses it:
    "<insert name> you must lead a miserable existence, do you want me to end your misery?"

Obviously an outright death threat would be by standard a Temporary ban with a post from a moderator or administrator explaining why the ban occured, this should be enough to decide on the fate of that individual as if they don't take too kindly to the temporary ban (and are rude for being banned) then obviously an outright ban is necessary.

The sadistic statement on the other hand should really be treated with an open public warning (rather than PM/private one) with the hope that the user apologises or mend's their own viewpoint on how to deal with people they despise.

A straight forward permaban should be applied to people that sensationalise a persons true identity (No matter if that information can be found on the internet, if it's not sensationalised then it's not brought to the attention of others) especially if they apply the posting of real information and real death threats.

With that mentioned above it should also be brought to light that perhaps people should realise that "Cyberstalking" should also be looked at.

I have to admit people have been hasty in dealing with Read-Only, since there have been many other instances of "Sadistic statements" across sciforum's and none of them were greeted with the same stringent upholding of P.C. Moderation.

I know my Blurb is going to come across as "Sciforums - The policestate" but at the end of the day we want sciforums represented by being sciforums, not sciforums being represented by press articles like:

Well you get the idea.

23. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Let's try this experiment then: with no ifs, buts, or maybes every one of you should be taken out and shot (even if you aren't my nextdoor neighbour).