Update: Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Michael, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I've found that rhetoric employing the word "peace" generally tends to make a lot more sense if you bear in mind that 95% of the human population confuses "peace" with "victory."

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

SAM we as a world we should learn from history especially because of what Chistianity wrought. I mean their prophet is Jesus and he did not promote violence according to written accounts, and we see how that turned out!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Randwolf and quinnsong

The whole point behind this thread was not to discuss a judicial or religious ruling that condemned a poor woman to death for blasphemy. It was to condemn the religion as a whole and condemn they did, voraciously so.

Imagine you are a Muslim and you read the first 7 or so pages of this thread? Hell, scratch that. Imagine if this thread discussed any religion but Islam or Muslims. Do you imagine it would have gone on for so long? How about if it discussed the Jewish faith with the words used in this thread? Do you think it would have remained open? From its first opening post, the intent to insult and abuse was quite clear.

How would you react to see your religion being described as "constructed by cleverly sculpted shit"? Apparently Muslims are supposed to accept this. When they did not, the group participating in this thread went on the attack and the religious bigotry shown in this thread was revolting.

I had not read this thread. I have other RL issues that take precedence. I was then PM'ed by one of the individuals participating in this thread with this message:

I explained why I could not at the time and I was then labeled a hypocrite, amongst other choice terms, which also included being called a "terrible human being" (this was after I had described in quite a bit of detail why I was not really into wanting to respond or read the thread - because the reason why apparently made me a "terrible human being"). An argument ensued via PM. I won't detail my RL "troubles" as Geoff calls it and he will hope I will not, as it will make him look like a bigger horses arse than he does now. A couple of days later I started to read the thread and after many pages of Islam and Muslim bashing, I come upon the post that was linked to me by Geoff.

His intent to stir me was clear from the start. What he failed to recognise was that his actions and that of others participating in this thread were so divisive that their complaints about Chi's comments was really laughable and hypocritical. When this was pointed out to Geoff in this thread, he took offense, tried to allude to a warning he assumes I received (which I did not) and then demanded to know where he had spoken to Muslims and about Muslims in such a degrading fashion. Unfortunately for him, this thread provided a lot of evidence. Not just from him but from others.

My point stands. Chi responded to them in kind - in that he used the language they had been using in this thread and applied it to them, the Westerners.. Hence my point to him - to not stir them further. And as he commented, he did it to make fun of them. Still doesn't make his comments just, but when taken in context after pages and pages of bigotry from Geoff, Michael and others in this thread.. it is amusing to see their reaction in a way because it is so blatantly hypocritical. They vapidly participated in a divisive thread and then whine when the response to them was divisive.

This thread should never have remained open and the comments made to describe the religion as a whole (to lump all Muslims and the whole religion) by the terms used in this thread was divisive as they were obscene. It is unfortunate that the participants of this thread then defend their actions as being somehow correct and just, while condemning a man who responded to them as they posted in this thread.. Are Chi's comments bigoted? Yes. But knowing Chi, and it was blatant from the start that he was responding to them with the type of language they had been using since the start of the thread, his intent was to give them a jab back. You know the old saying 'it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye'? Well Geoff, Michael and co lost an eye after poking at the bear for days on end...

As for sharing water with anyone - outside of my inner family circle and close friends (as in those who are like family), I tend not to share my drink with them. I'll give them the drink.. And yes, it is because people are dirty and I only share with those whose personal hygiene I happen to know of (bath daily, wash hands after going to the bathroom and before touching food, etc). It is an issue of safety for me.. Does that mean I'll give the guy across the street my drink an then take a swig from that same drink afterwards? No. And I doubt anyone here would either.

Geoff's main gripe with me is that I call him a bigot. After his performance from the first page of this thread.. Well, the words remain there as they stand. I still think he is a bigot and his performance from the first page of this thread has been deplorable. To then demand that I enter the fray and call Chi a bigot after he responded to them in kind.. well.. ironic really..

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Exactly, which is why we must focus on obscure villages where vague sentences are not carried out rather than entire states targeting civilians with advanced weaponry for no comprehensible reasons.

8. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Now lets take a look at Islams' prophet Mohammed, who does promote violence against non-muslims and then by knowing the history of violence in the name of religion, we should all be vigilant . Nothing is chickenfeed here.

9. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

No disagreement here!

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Exactly, so go back to the obscure village and rant against the sentence that was not carried out.

11. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I would give a nasty bum (not just a homeless person, an nasty bum-there's levels to homelessness) water and food.
    However, since I have chronic sinusitis of heroic proportions, I'm not sure anyone should be drinking after me in an unwashed glass.
    I also kiss my dogs a lot, even the old one who raids the cat litter box for tootsie rolls as soon as we're not looking.

I'm not just unclean for religious reasons

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

uke:

But...um, I kind of don't like to see people who don't use their religion as an excuse to abuse people blamed for their co-religionists' behavior? It bothers me.
    I don't like bigotry, y'all. I get the receiving end of it too often.

I hadn't heard about this whole topic, btw, and I think it's really very interesting, the fact that these religious laws are starting to be objected to by the people who have the religion and live in the culture.

Being the heathen I am, I generally think that the unpopularity of these laws is a good thing and needs to continue.

Ironic we seem to be going in the other direction here in the US, no?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  12. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

I have read many of Chis' threads on other forms and have not seen him/her behave in the same manner as he/she behaved in this partcular thread. I personally found his/her posts offensive and I behaved in like manner. Mea culpa.

13. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Ooops...I think I must have hit der button twice by mistake...carry on...

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note:

I am tempted to close this thread. However, it seems that there are some participants who still wish to discuss the topics, so I am a little reluctant.

To GeoffP: If you have an issue with something EmptyForceOfChi wrote earlier in the thread, I suggest you address your concerns to him, not to Bells.
    To Bells: I suggest that GeoffP has probably got the message by now that you consider him a bigot. Move on, please.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Good call,

I read most of the convosation about me that somehow didn;t include me and I dont wish to comment on it other than maybe stress 1 minor miss-conception.

I am heading out to Mount Sinai on a peacefull Pilgrimage to renew a covenant with God, I will not be going anywhere near those people who are fighting I want no part in violent protests, It just happens to be all kicking off at the time I already planned to go.

Peace.

Peace.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh, I'm sure you would depending on the person. Sure, if a random person asked you for your water, you'd probably not drink after them because you'd worry about communicable diseases (and it is an unusual request). Dying of thirst is a sign of certain diseases. Bigotry of 3000 years ago probably made good sense in terms of not spreading disease. Sadly, what was initially a simple idea to keep the more moronic of society from bringing disease into the village (Jimmy! Stop doing THAT to that goat right now! It's unclean). Has turned into outright Religious Bigotry.

This goes to the fundamental flaw in the theology itself. It's what happens when you base your entire religion around the "Appeal to the Sky Daddy" fallacy. Logic goes bye bye.

I've been at many sporing events where I've shared water with strangers. I've shared sips of drinks with strangers. Gee I've even swapped spit with, what one could conciser, a relative strange woman, now and again

Anyone who things God is talking to them, has issues.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats all very well, but thats not the main issue here. The main issue is that people are justifiably offended that whatshername underwent due process in whatchamacallit village for allegedly breaking the law and was released by the judge when he determined that the prosecution had not made a valid case and the lower court was wrong.

Just listen to the unreasonable demands of the sharia oppressed country:

How dare they?:bugeye:

This clearly proves that Muslims are barbaric villains who are behind the times. Everyone knows that due process is no longer followed and people of other religions are usually killed for no reason at all or put into communication management units for indefinite periods if they are not otherwise outsourced for rendition or torture. That's the modern secular democratic way of doing this stuff.

When will the Pakistanis catch up?

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Serving up red herring are we?

You may want to remember, in the Last Crusade, it was the Christians who sided with and protected Muslims from Russia. If it weren't for Christians dyeing to protect Muslims, Istanbul would be a part of Russia today.

All societies fought wars. Even tribes on Easter Island fought wars with one another. What's important is that we reconcile with one another and are able to move forward. To do that we need to recognize the families of ideas that promote Bigotry. Such ideas form the bases of superstitions such as Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Islam being the worse of the three.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

That is a disgusting judgement upon "Asia", how diss-honourable now they have blood on their hands, for every drop of blood you spill you will be compensated.

Peace.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So the fact that Asia bibi is the first person since US supported dictator Zia ul Haq imposed the Hudood laws to be sentenced by a lower court for blasphemy - said sentence most likely to be turned over by high court or pardoned by President, is evidence of the role of Islamic superstition in promoting bigotry?

Tsk tsk. Maybe they should just aim a drone at her house and kill her along with her children. That kind of stuff is more rational and easy to accept considering how the last 900 people killed in Pakistan by that method seem to have no one to stand up for them.

21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

blah blah blah

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Not swapping half eaten food is cultural and has nothing to do with perceived "religion" or "race". For example, in the far East, China, Korea and Japan, they use chopsticks to "handle food" such that it's a part of their culture you don't "share" food directly from person to person, but, from table to person. Whether it's a Hong Kong rotatory table or individual yum cha/dim sim, or sushi - food is packed and served in a way that is not shared person to person. Can you see the difference with THAT and not sharing water with someone because they are black? Or a Christian?

I'm sure you can, even as it conflicts with your need to be an Islamic Apologist.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.