Update: Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Michael, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

With respect to your health, I'll keep this short.

No. I didn't call you a hypocrite because you didn't post on basis of health reasons. Check the PMs, and their order. I did ask you to stop slandering me. I don't know what else I can say. I wish you well.

Yes. You're acting crazy. You're drawing unintended motives from unrelated things. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but this is what it is.

I wish you the best possible outcome of your convalescence, and look forward to speaking with you again at the earliest convenience of your health, or as you deem fit, whichever is preferable.

EFC: This is not a dating show. Run along and abuse some locals.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I hope everything goes well for you Bells.

RE: this thread.
    I'm almost 100% certain that IF we were discussing the hanging of a Black man for the crime of touching a white southern bell (which actually used to happen) then everyone (with the exception of a few Bigots) would agree that this is dead wrong. I would hope everyone here would attack the ideology of White Supremacy as being despicable.

Yet, here we are.

A few Bigoted people seem to think that if they cloth their Bigotry in a "religion" (which is just an ideology after all) that it's somehow therefor acceptable. Well, not for me. I should hope not for you. But, that's not enough. Intellectually we should be able to discern WHY this Religious Bigotry is so prevalent in certain "cultures".

See, it makes sense not to drink water a stranger has touched, if you're living in a small village 2000+ years ago. As that person may have carried a disease which your community is not immune against. What doesn't make sense it not drinking water that someone has touched who is from your own village and perfectly healthy.

Simply put, someone many centuries ago didn't have enough faith in the intellectual capacity of his own people to explain to them the real reasons behind why they should and should not do things. Instead this person pretended there was a God and this God said don't do X, Y or Z. This person had ZERO foresight and probably didn't give two f*cks about the village and what happened to it and it's people after they died. When this person finally did die, he took the rational for X, Y and Z with him. Never once taking the time to explain that actually there was a logical reason and no there isn't really Gods. We're left with the logical fallacy of the God for an explanation ....and not the real explanation.

Thus we see an innocent Mother of three sentenced to hang.
    Thus, in time, if nothing is done and the Apologist's win, then we'll yet another see people labeled as "Untouchables" and forced to live as bottom feeders of society.

I find it sick that in this day and age such could actually occur. And yet, here we are. It's why I find such irrational thinking so abhorrent. To imagine a person could view his/her own child as unclean. The mind boggles.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

It comes off to the reader as if you would imply with subtle nudges Bells is in favour of this death sentence.

peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

That's silly. Bells doesn't think like that at all.

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Closure and redirect

Mod Hat — Closure and apologia

This thread is closed.

It should have been closed from the outset. That is, it seems rather sick that in this day and age, one would exploit a contentious and tragic issue in hopes of seeding further bigotry against an entire people, as the topic poster has done.

For whatever reasons, that sort of behavior is acceptable to the moderators of the Religion subforum despite its violation of general site policy.

As a result, this thread has remained open despite its clearly derogatory intentions.

I can only apologize to the membership for this failure to enforce our rules. We are currently reviewing the circumstances and decisions that led to such a result.

My advice to members is that if you consider an issue important, then treat it as such. If, however, you intend to exploit that issue to advance a bigoted agenda against an entire group of people, find another place to do it.

This one is done, and filed accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.