US Army Officer caught red handed spreading lies about Obama!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ganymede, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Here's a copy of the email that an Army Officer sent this week from Afghanistan about Obama.

"This is another viral e-mail falsehood. The author now says it's not true; the Army says it's not true; and video and photos show Obama shaking hands with troops and eating breakfast with them as well."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ4c..._did_obama_snub_us_troops_in_afghanistan.html

A number of still photos also released by the Pentagon serve as further evidence that Obama schmoozed with troops while in Afghanistan.

The message also mentions that Obama shunned the troops "so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball." However, the video to which the author refers, of Obama sinking a now-famous three-pointer, was taken a day earlier in Kuwait, not in Afghanistan. And Obama was hardly avoiding American troops at the time, as seen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKFm..._did_obama_snub_us_troops_in_afghanistan.html

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/print_did_obama_snub_us_troops_in_afghanistan.html

Another failed attempt by the right to defame Barack Obama. Even going as far as using active military personal to spread their propaganda. And ignorant conservatives are just eating these lies up. It's sad that John McCain would destory the reputation of one of his troops he's sworn to honor and protect, in order to quell the groundswell of support that Obama is generating amongst the troops.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Hay Ganymede, there isn't any such rank in the Army as CPT Jeffrey S. Porter ascribes to himself:

I can find no information about any unit with the designation

And any Officer with 6 children would know, that to post such a letter, would be career suicide, and he would be out of a job in the military most scosh.

Dirty tricks all right, with jackass tracks, all over it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

The letter was apparently written by a Utah Army National Guard intelligence officer in a linguist unit at Bagram Airfield who claimed the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee was rude to G.I.s.

"These comments are inappropriate and factually incorrect," said Bagram spokeswoman Army Lt. Col. Rumi Nielson-Green, who added that such political commentary is barred for uniformed personnel.

Obama didn't play basketball at Bagram or visit the Clamshell, she said. Home-state troops were invited to meet him, but his arrival was kept secret for security reasons.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/po...army_officials_refute_claim_of_barack_ob.html

As much as you wish this was made up, it wasn't.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Why do you bring up McCain in your post? What evidence have you seen that links this to his campaign?

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

It is totally made up, as much as you would love for it to be true.

Nothing in the https://www.nydailynews.com/news/po...army_officials_refute_claim_of_barack_ob.html
    substantiates any thing about a Utah Army National Guard intelligence officer in a linguist unit at Bagram Airfield.

And as said:

And no Officer I would know of would wreck his career by doing something so stupid, and then signing his name to it.

Again look at the way the thing is written, it doesn't even use the correct terminology for a service man, non-existent rank or title, (Battle Captian?) what are we on the Battle Star Galactica? or are we in Star Wars?

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

lol I was thinking the same thing when I saw "Battle Captain"...wtf are Americans that lame...good to see they aren't.

10. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

The ability to read is a virtue.

James Gordon Meek

DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2008/07/obamabashing-gi-retracts-claim.html

11. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Please tell me you're not siding with Buffalo over the NY Daily News?

12. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

looks like the elections are starting to get ugly. its totally fake BTW.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

This is a put up job, and stinks to high heaven of Donkey Democrat tricks and spin.

Only a Liberal would be so stupid, to screw up the proper Military Title of Task Force Commander, with Battle Captian.

14. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

The OP says "And ignorant conservatives are just eating these lies up." referring to the falsehoods mentioned in the letter, and yet he's the only one who believes in the letter's legitimacy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Oh, so now it's a Liberal Conspiracy? Ha ha Ha, please provide an official statement from anyone that this was perpetuated by the Democrats. They traced the email back to his Wife!!!

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yep, it has me :roflmao: yep, only a liberal can do that.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And were pray tell did you get that?

His wife?, wives aren't official army sources, or don't you know that?

Even if it is true.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

This is just the begining. I am sure we will see much more of this crap before November. I cannot believe it was just intended for family. For the past few decades Republicans have not been very concerned about truth so why should they start now?

19. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Tell that to the Armytimes, they actually had correspondence with the man you say doesn't exist. Or is the Armytimes in on the Conspiracy too?

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/07/military_blog_obama_072508w/

The ignorance of the conservatives on this forum is boundless. It's actually depressing that people can be so uninformed.

20. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Well, I have to admit, Ganymede is actually correct on the letter being real. I hope you can mind my disbelief Gany, considering your usual lack of reading comprehension, demagoguery and conspiracy-believing, plus the sheer stupidity of the letter and the letter's author, I couldn't help but be skeptical. But the boy's right about the wolf every now and then. Sorry about that. :thumbsup:

At the same time, you're still at fault for linking the letter to John McCain's campaign in your OP. Where is the evidence that the campaign had anything to do with it?

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Good work Gany! Buffalo, you can put your pants on now. I must say, I would expect an intelligence officer to have a much better grasp on the English language. It seems he could use a grammar course or two or three.

But as I said this is just the begining of the Republican smear campaign.

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Now Gany, the Hangman vigilantly, here is the rest of the story, as per the Army Times:

Can't do a interview because the situation is being investigated.

It appears that the Captain's e-mail was tampered with.

Again the Military is investigating, there are discrepancies in the E-Mail, so it wasn't the Military who was behind this, they seem to be doing all that they can to find out who is responsible, and correct the record.

But it is still a fact that Obama refused to meet the wounded troops in Germany at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, his choice, not the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center's.

Barack Obama is wrong.

It is never inappropriate to visit our men and women in the military.”

23. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Let's keep the Germany hospital issue in the thread where it belongs? And I don't think what you quoted indicates the e-mail was tampered with, rather that the Captain was wrong about some of the things he wrote about.