US War Crimes

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Captain Canada, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Captain Canada Stranger in Town Registered Senior Member

In this age where Milosevic and his cronies are hauled before the Hague to answer for their war crimes, isn't it time that Henry Kissinger was put on trial for his role in various coups that resulted in hundreds of deaths?

Do we have internatrional law or winner's immunity? The US was deeply involved in supporting fascist regimes in south and central America, overthrowing democratically elected governments, supporting drug dealers and backing regimes that killed thousands of innocents. The US was culpabale, so shouldn't some of those involved answer for their crimes as Milosevic must?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

Gimmie proof and I'll believe you.

Court trials don't begin on suspicion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Canada Stranger in Town Registered Senior Member

Christopher Hitchens puts a convincing case against Kissinger in his book 'The Trial of Henry Kissinger' detailing Kissinger's involvement in assassinations in Chile, the extension of the Vietnam war for a further four years for political advantage and his role in the partition of Cypress. Documents released for the Pinochet trial in Chile suggest direct involvement, knowledge and acceptance of extra-judicial killings and the existence of death squads Hitchens alledges. For more info, read the book or check out this fairly unbiased article:

Kissinger/Hitchens

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Deadwood Registered Senior Member

Even the US and UK are responsible for Indonesias troubles. They supported Suharto's coup.

The ambassadors even kept a list of 5000 names and checked them off as they were killed.

I forget how many but a large number of them were imprisoned taken out to see then sunk by a British warship.

You have the large corporations and greedy governments to thank for this. There is no justice. Remember it is the victor who writes the history books. The US and UK could do no wrong.

8. Captain Canada Stranger in Town Registered Senior Member

Hey, let's string 'em all up! I'm all for putting Mrs. Thatcher on trial. Don't even know if we need to worry about the Belgrano, I think she'd qualify for crimes against humanity for what happened in the UK!

9. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

Still don't believe ya.

Didn't that guy that published the book say that the Holocaust was a fraud?

10. Captain Canada Stranger in Town Registered Senior Member

Hitchens a Holocaust denier? Not a chance. He is a respected, if rather radical, journalist.

His argument is backed by some prominent legal experts. Check out the link I posted earlier.

Are you saying that if what he says is true, you would back a trial?