User Infractions

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by leopold, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?
    You should receive an infraction for contradicting yourself.

No Soup for YOU!!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I like the basic idea. I'd hate to be a 'Senior Registered User' forever. I want to progress; to go places. I want a reward for all my efforts.
    Yawn, boring. Although I quite like the idea of new users being plebs. But I think it should be based on popstars. You start off as Phil Collins or someone shite like that who no-one listens to any more, and work your way up to Britney Spears.
    I know. It's going to be so delightfully apocalyptic. The hum and the fizz. The smell of the sulphur. Let the chaos begin.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. smile_on_a_rainyday Registered Senior Member

because everyone listens to her?? wow...now thats a goal :bugeye:

8. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Hey! I worship the words of The Greats, which includes such influential people as Paris Hilton and Alec Baldwin.

9. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

the red-yellow twins are tempting.

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Yes they do. *evil glare*

11. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

they will be seeing only this all the time. if they don't, sciforum will be empty in few hours.

12. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

They're horny for your click. You can click them loooooong time.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But wait, that's it - celebrities!! You start off as Tom Cruise or some other loser and work your way up to de Niro or some other icon of effortless cool. Why, it's ingenious!

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Who's the top of the list? I nominate these two: Jack Nicholson and Sean Connery.

14. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Nah - those two are strictly understudies to The Rob. The Robster. The boy they called Bobby Milk (apparently).

If fact they're not even understudies. That's Joe Pesci.

Those two are minor Family members. Made men, sure - but Bob would snuff both out in the blink of an eye and not think twice about it.

Actually, my favourite highly-workable and not-at-all inappropriate idea for the soon-to-be-implemented new hierarchy would be a crime syndicate, like the ones The Robster always runs: you start off as a thug, then work your way through burglar, pimp, conman, drug dealer, drug boss and area crime lord, before aiming for national infamy and the number 1 spot, snuffing out innocent members of the general public (aka new users) along the way. It's a surefire winner - a cross between informed, intelligent discussion and Grand Theft Auto.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

It's still early yet. The system has only just been opened to userland.
    You're the kind of poster that will quickly accrue a large number of infractions, I deem.
    I think that posters like you are an excellent demonstration of why this type of system is unsuitable for this forum.

18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Demostration yes, as for unsuitability thats still premature to make a decision on.

For instance if GeoffP suddenly has a bunch of people giving him infractions it could show abuse, however those people that give the infractions would be potentially "dicing with death" in the sense that their un-necessary infractions would potentially cause them to suffer a worse fate than GeoffP would should he end up with an inflated Infraction list.

It could be then questioned that GeoffP baiting people to give him Infractions is in itself an Infraction, since he's asking for mayhem.

I would suggest posters do not give GeoffP infractions for his post in this instance and he should be "Warned" not to incite riots in regards to baiting infractions. (Let it be a warning to all, Don't Bait for infractions as that will not be taken lightly in the future.)

19. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I'm not talking about his post in this thread, but his general posting style.
    He is a controversial poster who says things that many don't like to hear and have violent disagreement with.
    He's sure to be one of the first posters to suffer from this.
    I could name several others.

20. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

How exquisitely complicated. Hark, can you hear the hounds of Beelzebub?

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Look to the sky, way up on high
    There in the night stars are now right.
    Eons have passed: now then at last
    Prison walls break, Old Ones awake!
    They will return: mankind will learn
    New kinds of fear when they are here.
    They will reclaim all in their name;
    Hopes turn to black when they come back.
    Ignorant fools, mankind now rules
    Where they ruled then: it's theirs again

Stars brightly burning, boiling and churning
    Bode a returning season of doom

Scary scary scary scary solstice
    Very very very scary solstice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftld7Ohojg

They will return...

22. smile_on_a_rainyday Registered Senior Member

thats quite freaky....altho the tune will be COMPLETELY stuck in my head!!

its the same tune from the TK Max adverts as well....

we're bein bombarded by the Ukranian Bell Carol!!!!! hahaha!

m x

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Inevitably the need for simplification for those that find my literary extravagances subjugating. With reference to my formerly extended points.

"Do not ask or bait for infraction points or someones going to bust your balls."

As for hearing the quadrupedal canine with it's bark of rapture, I heard none, especially in regard to the Lord of the Flies.

I guess you can say I like to be in-depth with my literacy and occasionally over-complex my assertions, so even the quaintest of professors blush with an anxious bemusement over meaningful but absent pleasantries.

"I write stuff long winded either as a characterization or just to mess with you. In this case, probably the latter."

I hope that clears it up

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.