VA Tech Shooting Worst in American History? Native Americans Think otherwise!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Ganymede, Apr 26, 2007.

1. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Wasn't that Cho's problem? He wasn't a part of the community. He felt like an outsider. He seemed to act like and believe he was a trained soldier, in some sense. He'd learned that he had to do that, through self teaching, experience or whatever. He planned it - military style. Then he took pictures, kind of like a martyr or a soldier might.

Maybe psychologically he wouldn't see the difference.

If that didn't make sense, I'm going to the shop and I'll think of something better to say when I get back

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What is the psychological difference, in your opinion?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

In order to kill, you have to divorce yourself from the victim. This is pretty easy to achieve, we're fairly well wired for it.

I suppose the difference between Cho and a soldier, I guess, is a matter of degree. The difference between you and I and any US college student isn't nearly so great as that and some rabid raghead in Ragistan. Yeah, sure, we're all people so I guess we're all the same, if you buy that liberal bullshit, which as an American, you should. The slave owning forefathers sure thought so.

Shit. That was a digression.
    What was the difference....
    Oh, right. The difference was in Cho's head and more likely the result of abnormal biology and unique social situation rather than the more standard "Islams are evil" us vs. them mentality that springs so naturally from civilization.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

The planes, though, were like giant bullets.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I'm not American, but I get your point. I agree with you to an extent. Sitting here at home, another few Iraqis to add to the tally doesn't mean shit to me. If there was a carbomb anywhere in the UK or the western world for that matter, my ears would prick up and I'd watch the news. It doesn't even register with Iraqis because I'm so used to hearing it. Maybe I'm not cut out to be a soldier, but I don't think I'd be like that if I was the one killing them.

Unless I truly believed. Some soldiers must believe in the good they're doing, what they've been told to do and the reason they're doing it. If that was the case, it'd be a lot easier I think. So, do the other soldiers force themselves to believe or how else can they kill. That's what I don't get. There'll be a few people a sandwich short of a picnic, but not all of them can be. I'm getting OT here, but yeah, I suppose I see what you're saying.

8. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

In his manifesto, Cho says "You thought it was one pathetic boy's life you were extinguishing. Thanks to you, I die like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and the defenseless people."
    Cho's was an ideological objective, not a political one.