Values

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Cactus Jack, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

What order do these go in?

Survival

Recreation

Work or School

Family

Friendship

Love (Romanitic Relationships)

For me it is Survival then Love then Friendship then Recreation then Work or School. If I have obligations to all that is that is the order in which I would fill them.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2002
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Survival can't be a value. Without survival you wouldn't exactly have the others!

So........... my order would be............

Survival - as it's necessary for the rest
    Friends
    Love
    Family
    Work/School - Which I would actually put behind recreation, hockey, guitar, philosophy, sleep and rest.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Oh yeah good Idea, sorry.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

However, humans have been known to sacrifice survival for love and other things.

8. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Yeah come to think of it in certain situations (not everyday life) I would sacrifice survival for the one I loved or maybe even a friend..........

9. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Survival is the primary value since without survival all the others are just temporary.

I really don’t place too much value on anything until I can be sure I will not die. And that is my primary activity for the moment.

Personal happiness (recreation , if you like) becomes the primary reason for living. No one ever does anything by choice unless it gives some form of pleasure to his or her self. And here some find pleasure in doing things for others, it doesn’t have to appear selfish.

School is a way to learn and obtain more knowledge – a superb form of personal pleasure.

Friendship – a form of personal pleasure.

Family – come and go – a transient period for many. If family members are friends then fine, otherwise there is no need for family loyalty unless family members are also friends.

Love (Romanitic Relationships) - are unnecessary unless one is so weak and must depend on another.

Work - is only necessary if you are not financially independent, otherwise it is a form of slavery that most have been duped into believing is unavoidable.

Cris