Vegetarian yes or no?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by markl323, Jan 17, 2009.

1. draqon Banned Banned

the probs with multivitamins is that they are not absorbed by the body.

how do you make the multivitamins absorbed?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

An idiot ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

No Finnish decent actually. I eat chicken feet at a Chinese restaurant in china town. They're good you just suck the tissue and "stuff" out.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Barf !

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Okay, will try it next time.

9. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Who says? Do you have a reference for that?

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No, he doesn't - and yes, they are absorbed. That's nothing but a myth perpetuated by the extreme "naturalist" crowd. Of course that claim is something that normal, educated people pay no attention to - just crackpots and their followers.

11. draqon Banned Banned

YES I DO HAVE PROOF.

The minerals and nutrients are usually destroyed by the acids in our stomach. And the only way to override that is to have a better delivery system of capsule that contains these nutrients.

Futhermore when one drinks coffee and tea...and everyone drinks it nowdays...they are not allowing the vitamins to get absorbed by the bloodstream.

The Lesson is to use enteric coating to increase absorption rate of vitamins.

Furthermore the types of bacteria inside the stomach also either facilitate or inhibit nutrient absorption.

12. draqon Banned Banned

yes, please refer to above post.

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yeah. Right.

Now then, since according to you they can't be absorbed, please explain why it is that people can suffer from overdoses of them??????????????

14. draqon Banned Banned

fine, you want me to fall on my knees and beg you to forgive me?

:bugeye:

Allright than, Read-Only.

I was wrong, so wrong, so terribly wrong, what a young foolish mind I have to thought otherwise and state vitamins are not being absorbed. I should have stated that vitamins have a hard time being absorbed in many cases.

Will you, my elderly most intelligent person, forgive me? the young stupid man?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

It's about time you admitted the FULL truth!!

16. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

17. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Meat, dairy and poultry proteins, yes, and fats, especially saturated fats. AND cholesterol.

You mention vegetables and fruit, but neglected to mention legumes, nuts, seeds, etc. The latter are high in both protein and health-enhancing oils.

18. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

:roflmao:

19. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

No, that statement isn’t correct either. Please stop making things up and passing them off as fact. Maybe then you wouldn’t have to subsequently post apologies when people pull you up on it.

20. draqon Banned Banned

I was not talking to you.

And my apology was not to you.

Also, learn to read what I wrote first.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Orthomolecular medicine began with a particular focus upon mental illness, and orthomolecular psychiatry remains a major subdiscipline.Proponents state that orthomolecular treatments are based on patients' personal biochemistries[8] and employ naturally-occurring or bioequivalent biomolecules, particularly nutrients such as vitamins, dietary minerals, proteins, antioxidants, amino acids, lipotropes, prohormones, dietary fiber, fatty acids and other similar substances, as well as various digestive factors.

Some megavitamin therapies can be classified as components of orthomolecular medicine. Orthomolecular practitioners often recommend levels beyond the Recommended Daily Allowance, especially in the prescription of vitamin C megadosage. Megavitamin therapies have become relatively popular, with a survey in 2002 finding that approximately one in twenty-five US adults use high doses of vitamins as a form of therapy, with this being particularly common in people diagnosed with cancer.

Nutrients may be useful in preventing and treating some illnesses,but the conclusions of medical research are that the broad claims of disease treatment by advocates of orthomolecular medicine are unsubstantiated by the available evidence.The American Medical Association stated in 1997 that "much of the dietary intervention stressed by alternative healers is prudent and reasonable", but described as a "myth" the idea that "most diseases are caused by faulty diets and can be prevented by nutritional interventions". Critics have described some aspects of orthomolecular medicine as food faddism or even quackery. Research on nutrient supplementation in general suggests that some nutritional supplements might be beneficial, and that others might be harmful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthomolecular_medicine

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Tzipi Livni is vegetarian, Adolf Hitler was vegetarian. Has anyone looked at the side effects of vegetarianism in humans?

23. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Being a vegetarian has nothing to do with being skinny. I don't like having to restrict what I eat unless I just don't like something, I just trust my body to tell me when I've had enough of something or when I want something. I lack the discipline to be a true vegetarian.