Vibrations

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by lixluke, Aug 17, 2008.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Does anybody believe in law of attraction vibrations? When you are aligned in positive vibrations, positive things will happen to you.

How can you be positive when all these rich parasites want to use you and exploit you?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Like attracts like. If one is sensitive to their surroundings and pays attention to their sensations from "vibrations," I believe it will put them on a positive plane. Maybe I didn't explain it as good as I wanted to, but if one is negative, he/she will always attract negativity. If one is positive and sincere with their own feelings, positive things will happen. It's one's perception and state of mind, but that's where everything originates.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Is there any validity to this?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Have you ever felt the force of someone's feelings from across a room? Its an unnerving sensation.

8. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I believe in this, in a sense. The problem comes in with the ways this can be a blame the victim philosophy. As a Native American I would think you would have a problem with people saying that the Native Americans should have thought more positively. Or that it seems like the Europeans were thinking more positively since it was the NAs who died of European diseases and were treated so poorly.

As a kind of tangent, I think we need to notice the varying depths of people and that some people glide through life denying just about all the consequences of their actions and karma seems very slow to balance this out. While others have an almost magnetic ability to both create amazing things and events, but this magnetic ability can also draw bad things also.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You exploit them! They need to buy things and have things done as well , so make them pay you for whatever you have they need or want. I really wouldn't call them parasites because they just take advantage of circumstances just as we all do.

10. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Yes,
    or a nice one.

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Yeah, sure. It's no mystery. And certainly no secret. All this talk of 'vibrations' is too new-age for me.
    Here I disagree. A starving child in Africa will always be a starving child in Africa until someone physically intervenes (no matter how much it tries to 'look on the bright side') but, given sufficient protection from life's adversities, we can cast a positive light on things. There's some reciprocation: positive experiences lead to positive thinking and more positive experiences; and vice versa. But.. it's much less simple. With far too many variables to calculate.

12. Tnerb Banned Banned

We're all connected, it's crazy, it's the world.

I effect my grandmother now.
    It's on a similar plane to telepathy only would be taken more seriously as it has not been debated yet.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

No. I have psychic experiences in which I have been able to command people to say or do things strictly from my mind. Although, I have no idea how to control this.

I've never been able to read minds or feel any sort of vibration from others accross the room. I have never been able to make a racist judgement on anybody. I can only say anything related to what somebody specifically says or does without implying anything about them beyond that.

The claim that "we all do" is totally false and invalid.

There are three forms of relationships, and the claims that
    A. All people abide by the parasitic form.
    B. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with it.
    Are absolute garbage.

There is mutualism, commencalism, and parasiticism. The rich abide by paraciticism. All they want to do is use me for labor. You cannot tell me that I am wrong for refusing to work and robbing those bastards anytime I can. Why should I allow these assholes to parasite off of me?

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yeah, right! And you fail to understand that they actually pay you for your time and labor.

So as long as you continute to have this attitude that they are parasites, you will remain nothing more than a broke little slob who just sits around whining, "Oh, poor little me!":bugeye:

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I left it out, but I was going to say that the crap that they pay in exchange for the work done does not account for anything. They are parasites. Sure they pay people crap, but they get rich off of the labor of the poor. What do the poor get in exchange? Scamed left and right by more parasites who overcharge for goods and services in exchange for the peanuts they get from their labor.

You fail to understand that this is total oppression. All the jobs available are crap jobs that pay crap. Why would I want to get a job and be used by these parasites? Wait nobody, wants to, but they do because they have no choice. If I ever end up back at the job site, it's not because I think I am getting paid fair. It's because I have no choice.

16. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Pretty much all the rest of us have worked at jobs and did OK. The biggest majority of also raised families, bought and paid for houses, bought cars and sent our kids to college, too.

All of your foaming at the mouth about this is nothing but a silly attempt to cover up your real problem - and everyone here knows exactly what it is: you are nothing more hardcore, down-deep, 100% LAZY!!! Period!

17. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Wow Read-Only, you really are something.

Always on the attack heh?

18. BlueMoose Guest

I do, its obvious, music example, I have noticed that my taste of music have been changed over time as I have been grown too.
    When I hear these songs I´m very touched, there are no words, pure emotions.
    Gives me "lighter" feeling unlike the music I use to listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAfCcyWUIwI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcanWkRbnwQ&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dIAZV_22y4&feature=related

Now, when I found this kind of music I wanted more of it and left all the aggressive
    and negative music behind, so yes, that is attraction of positive vibrations in real life.

PLATO on music
    Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.

For the introduction of a new kind of music must be shunned as imperiling the whole state; since styles of music are never disturbed without affecting the most important political institutions.

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Lixluke, it's very simple there are two spirally paths. One goes up and the other down. If you work in a job, save up the money if you can and aim to get a better education then you will be looking at promotions or open up new job possibilities. This does require time and effort but the end reward is a higher paying job and all the stability a person requires. this is the upward spiral.

The downward spiral is dragging your feet, sponging off your state or family to live. In the end you end up with no ability to work, no motivation to work and the only jobs available are the ones that you currently moan about. You can keep moaning, complaining and refusing to try and take the spiral up and in doing so it only gets worse. Debts in the form of Bank overdrafts heading towards their maximum, the lack of owning a home or being able to feed yourself regularly etc. A person in this kind of degrading spiral usually turns to drink or drugs, not because it solves the issue but as a form of escape... of course this just makes that spiral degrade even further since the drink and drugs in the long turn have such negative effects that it makes it even more difficult to climb out of that pit that a person sinks into.

I guess you can say it's up to you to aspire to live a dream, or realise the nightmare.

20. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Yes. I've been going through the same stuff since forever. Poverty. I usually try to speak objectively about poverty and how to solve all types of global issues through city design.

Not just changing music preference?

Yes it's a form of escape. People also turn to criminal activity in order get money simply because all forms of legal income out there don't pay for crap, and rich parasites are constantly trying to rip you off. I have been trying to find ways to make money so I can pay for the things I need to live a stable productive life. I can't seem to find anything that pays decent. All of the jobs suck, and the pay suicks. All the jobs available lead to me putting in hours of my time and effort so that these parasites can pay me garbage in return.

If I could land something that pays me even $1,000-$2000 per week, I'd probably not be here discussing this, and be working my face off. But when all the crappy jobs want to pay me $400 per week tops, they can KMA!

21. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Lixluke,
    You aught to see if there are any Grants available for you to get trained up in something you enjoy, after all training will add worth to you in a job. Currently I'm guessing you are at their beck and whim based upon your education level, this is where you are failing.

That's all I can suggest, Like my father use to say to me "There are many rungs to a ladder, you can't expect to skip them all and rise to the top".

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

WTF? Training? Why would an ubermaster such as myself need any more training in anything? I will out skill anybody out there in performing arts, city design, and much more. Sure there is lots I would like to learn, but "getting training in something you enjoy" is for suckers who can't compete against the likes of me. Somebody can train all they want, and I will still slice them up.

While improving constantly is great, I have more training/skill with my eyes closed than hundreds of people couldn't ever touch if they tried. Why would I want to get trained for something I enjoy when I've already leveled up far beyond the masses?

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I can see that "go getter" attitude is really helping you with your Career choice.

"It's a wise man that assumes he knows nothing, as only a fool claims he knows everything."