video games

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by robtex, Sep 7, 2004.

1. vslayer Registered Senior Member

had 3 high spec comps on the network last week so i got some friends and had a LANathon, spent about 10 hrs a day plafin games:

far cry
    doom3
    killswitch
    counterstrike
    battlefeild Vietnam
    UT 2004

i got stuck an far cry a few months ago and hove spend the last few days playin BF1942 coz i finally got the desert combat mod

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I yesterday I aquired "Roller Coaster Tycoon" again. Damn, I have forgotten how much fun it is, been playing it for hours now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

You play Far Cry online vslayer or Fetus? I really enjoy the game, and have been playing online quite a bit recently. However, I don't know how much time I will be playing since school is back in session.

My name is IdleMind online there as well.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Idle Mind,

Fry cry seems to come with this Xfire IM for gramers things, you know anything about it or how to us it?

Sure I have tried the online out just a little I got the game about 5days ago, I like it so far. I have always played a little Urban Terror ever since version 2.6. Realistic Combat Simulators are always fun in my book.

8. SKULLZ Banned Banned

I still fuck around on quake 3,although thats probably cos my 8mb rage pro powered laptop cant do much else.

Other than that i play x-box.

I used to play loads of video games on pc,but its always been FPS on pc's and its just too expensive these days with no real change in gameplay,i mean doom 3,to play that properly looking at the specs you really gotta have a mammoth pc,well in the graphics area mainly.

Im waiting for pci express and standardization of laptops,so they can be upgraded,you will have that very soon.
    Itd be better then for people like me that just cant stand desktops anymore.

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'm currently playing
    Deus Ex (for the 15th time

)
    Painkiller (really great fresh-new old school shooter, reminds me of Doom2)
    screenshot1
    screenshot2

Baldur's Gate 2 now and then

just finished Warcraft 3 (I like starcraft better, high fantasy setting bores me)
    trying to get Morrowind working. ATi drivers for Linux suck
    If you want to play games on Linux my advice is to get a nVidia card.
    In some games (Morrowind for example) the framerate is terrible.

I have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128mb
    Linux Mandrake 10
    kernel: 2.6.3-16
    512 DDR 266mhz
    P4 1.8ghz

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  10. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Yes, I had Linux running now and then, but I sometimes got problems with my Radeon 9700...So I am back on Windows.

Baldurs Gate II (preferably with Expansion) is cool, one of my favorite games. Played it through about 50 times I think; at least 20 times with my sorcerer, he got really nice stats by now.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

that is not the 3D one is it? I hate that one. I like the old isometric baldurs gates much more. It is a shame I don't have them anymore. I really enjoyed them.

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Nah, only isometric. The 3d one is either the Baldurs Gate for the PS2 (or was it PS1?) or Neverwinter Nights for PC.

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

yep...now I remember; Neverwinter nights. I tried to play it for a few hours and then uninstalled it. I was very disappointed after the BG2 experience.

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

That is true, Neverwinter does not compare to the BG series, but I found it quite entertaining when I played it with people over LAN. Also, I liked the map editor, quite a cool toy, and easy to use.
    But Baldurs Gate is one of the best games ever in my opinion.

15. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

XFire is lame...it is designed to be an IM for people who play all games, so you can build up contacts. I don't use it though.

You mentioned a beef about the physics in the game. What did you mean specifically?

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Idle Mind,

Guns and dropped items that float on water or air, bodies that hang rigid rather then lay down dead, clipping errors, ect.

17. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I love Starcraft Brood War online. WHen I dislocated my knee (a few months ago), I bought the game SpellForce to kill some time. It's a pretty good game. Now that I'm working and going to school, I hardly play any video games anymore.

18. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

I like video games but I'm REALLY crappy at them. I improve a little while I'm playing but after some time I stop improving and can't get better at it no matter how much I try. I get frustrated as hell and stop playing. It's come to the point where I get so intimidated by new popular games that I feel the need to play the easiest level and use cheat codes. Even by cheating though, I still find it fun.

19. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I think the longer I play, the more my skills decrease. As I stated above, I absolutely hate counterstrike. It bores me to death, I havenĀ“t played it for about two years. Recently I was on a LAN and everybody wanted to play it (all of them are playing on the internet many hours a day...). So I thought, ok I will lose anyway, but strangely I was better than ever before. I was surprised, and it was the same with Warcraft, I only played that game for a week when it was new and never touched it again, still I managed to be faster than those who train in it... I like that

20. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I suppose you do have a bit of a point WellCooked. It doesn't bother me at all, but to each his own. I still think it's one of the best games visually so far, which is incredible since Crytek programmed the engine from scratch, and it's their first attempt at a game.

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Really I thought Ubisoft has plenty of experience from splinter cell, ect?

22. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

I'm addicted to IL2 Forgotten Battles, a WW-2 era combat flight simulator. It is the only game I play. But I do play it quite a bit.

23. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

Ubisoft is the publisher, Crytek is the programmer.