video games

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by robtex, Sep 7, 2004.

1. vslayer Registered Senior Member

never tried to play online, i only have a 56k so you cant blame me tho, if you do see me online my name will be "slayer" (i sometimes use V or E if there are more than one called slayer)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Currently playing
    PC
    Bf1942 (have secret weapons, road to rome, mod collection 1.43, galactic conquest, desert combat, and homefront mods) And i NEED more RAM! Only have 256 DDR

PS2
    Hitman contracts (stuck on 'deadly cargo')

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

Fair enough. I don't think the online experience would too great if you were connected with a 56K modem anyway.

I was just wondering because it would be neat to have some people from around here to play with (or against).

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

i used to have 56k. you can usually get a pretty good connection in RTCW, and the community is still pretty large, even though it is aging. and of course, most rts's work fine on 56k.

8. SKULLZ Banned Banned

Depends what kinda 56k,if its a 56k internal software modem,they suck badly and slow your computer down,plus depends on ISP,some disconnect too frequently.

I use dialup,i tried broadband for awhile and got rid of it cos i can cope with 56k,i dont download tonnes of shit or play games online so all that extra money i were spending each month for broadband was being wasted basically.

I have played a few games online with dialup,if you get the ping at 100 or below its useally ok,but i didnt last long,like on quake 3 i went in to a few games and exploded immediatly,i got about 20 rockets in the face,you stick around these games a bit but youre often playing against people who play that shit 24/7 and have done for the last 5 years.

9. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

LU, you're correct, for the most part RTS games are fine on a 56K, as are numerous others. My message to slayer was about Far Cry specifically, which is one of the most demanding games (it uses a ton of resources -- recommended P4 2.6 or equivalent, 1024 MB RAM and 128 MB vid card for optimal performance). Even my broadband connection has some issues if I am playing in a server that is out run in the Eastern parts of North America or the UK.

10. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

far cry- ouch ona 56k.. i have troble sometimes on broadband...

11. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

I'm stuck on Sacred (an original German game by Ascaron) with my friends at the moment. It's like Diablo, but you can ride horses. Yeeha! Played Warcraft III until the novelty wore off (actually, my friends wouldn't play against me anymore

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

).

I wish Morrowind were multiplayer...

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Sacred was fun, but I never managed to play it through, I got bored to the end. But I liked the fighting system, the fact that you could chain special moves together and the fact that you could ride horses. Also, it was full of jokes, I liked the mini quest on the island of Mallorca where you got sunglasses model A.Schwarzenegger.

13. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

I was walking past the computer on my way somewhere when suddenly it shouted, "Hey!". The timing was perfect. I had another good laugh when a Battle Mage said, after a long silence, "Hello, Mr Anderson..."

But I must admit, if it wasn't that I was playing with two friends I would have been bored of it a long time ago. The travelling and going on quests together, trying to survive the night in small towns in the middle of nowhere... that's fun.

14. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

Halo. its the only game I play, and its all you should play too.

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

monopolosoft commands me!