Video of 'dead bird floating in mid air' is a CGI Hoax!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by DQVOID, Feb 24, 2023.

1. DQVOID Registered Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Do you mean you its obvious that this must have been done by CGI? Or do you mean you can see obvious CGI artifacts in the image?
    Well,yes.
    Er, Vancouver didn't. One or more people did.

And I'd say publicity is a motive. After all, it worked.

Uh, yes. Most movies are. Especially the ones set in the future.

How is it any more or less stupid than any other hoax? It got you spreading it, so it achieved its goal.

exchemist likes this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Doesn't have to be CGI, could be a balloon or something strung on a line. But, yeah, it obviously isn't natural... duh!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Ah. In some shots you can actually see it moving slightly in the wind.
    I am pretty confident it's been caught in strung up fishing line.

8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I read this thread in bed this morning, just before getting up, and your comment about The Matrix made me burst out laughing.

And then I read this poster's previous thread, about waking up covered in burn marks, and burst out laughing all over again.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Ah yes. The One About The Nocebo Burns. A classic.

10. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Sometimes I think James could publish a joke book with a selection of the stupidest exchanges we've had on this forum over the years. The present thread would certainly merit an entry, as would the one about waking up covered in burns. And then there is Motor Daddy and the Motor Boat, a long-running classic of obstinate trollish stupidity, possibly some extracts from Write4U's interminable ballocks about microtubules - actually your Write4U buzzword generator wheel would need to be included, as it was hilarious - and my all time favourite, the man strangled by his own thymus gland, and perhaps also one of Gaiagirl's spontaneous combustion threads. I'm sure you may be able to think of others.

Occasionally, when I have half an hour to spare, I revisit one of these classics, just to get another laugh out of them.

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Don't forget River's campaign to ban dihydrogen monoxide.

12. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Oh God yes, River, how could I forget? What a world-class moron!

13. geordief Valued Senior Member

Actually I did have a funny dream the night before last.

I was dreaming that I had some poor creature (a really emaciated mouse or a bird) by the throat and was squeezing it to death.

Just at the point I was applying the final pressure I woke up with a shout (first time this has happened to me )

I was in no distress but it occured to me that perhaps I could have been having an episode of sleep apnea(ie it was my own throat that was being constricted or something similar and the dream might have been reflecting that)