Virgins anyone???

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Vega, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm sure you do. Now, wanna answer the question? This is a debate forum isn't it????

Isn't it???

You know, ask a question get an answer.

formally known as "deeebaaateeee"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Wrong about what? The principles of Islam are eternal and available to anyone willing to study them. They do not require me to defend them.:shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Arsalan,

1) Is it legal to own a slave under Islamic law? (yes it is or no it is not).
    You said YES.
    2) Is it now legal to own a slave?
    Answer: No.

Why?

You see, some religious people had/have a big problem with outright banning slavery because of YOUR answer #1. The Qur'an says it is legal.

THIS is a prime example of why many fundamental beliefs hold back the progress of society.

I asked you - When did Islamic coutries ban slavery? Well, we all know it was in the last 60 years. I'd say if Islam was meant to encourage the abolition of slaves then it did a pathetic job. It was a failure. Surely anyone with two brain cells could tell that 1500 years of slavery and then it's outlawed by the Europeans - well that's called a failure.

Unless we go back to #1 - Is it legal to own a slave under Islamic jurisprudence. Oh, your answer was YES.

Everything coming together?
    Michael

NOTE: For the record. The Bible was used to justify slavery, often found in the OT and is a great example of why the Bible is similarly flawed (as is the Qur'an) when it comes to the topic of owning Slaves.
    NOTE2: Japanese banned slavery without any need of a God. They simply understood it to be an ill of society.
    NOTE3: Communists banned slavery (and polygamy) in Muslim China in all of about 5 years. So it certainly was possible, given the right reading materials.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh lets play ring-around the question.

Does the possibility exist there is no God?

Michael

NOTE: If I had asked a Scientologist if the possibility exists there is no Xenu and got an answer like: The principals of Scientology are eternal and are available to anyone willing to study them - similarly does not answer the question.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What about human trafficking in all these countries?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Does the possibility exist that my possibilities need not mirror your possibilities?

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Sure.

Now about the question?

Does the possibility exist there is no God?

11. Kadark Banned Banned

Since Sam doesn't want to answer the question directly, I will. There is absolutely no possibility that God doesn't exist. I appreciate that you acknowledge God may exist, but I will not return the favor of leniency - that is, I will not concede an iota of possibility for God's nonexistence.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not to me. If you don't believe in gravity, thats fine with me. But I still see apples falling to the ground.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

To the question: Does the possibility exist there is no God?
    SAM's reply: Not to me. Which is to say NO. The opinion is that such a possibility does not even exist. Of course this has no bearing on reality - it's just an opinion - a frame of mind. A reference point.

If taken to it's logical limit it also implies that it is not possible that Shinto may be correct in their belief. They must be wrong. So must Xians. So must Atheists. So must Buddhists. etc.. etc... etc.... The possibility any of the other beliefs are correct doesn't even exist.

This is called fundamentalism. Fundamentalists whom are also monotheists can not genuinely accept other people's beliefs as possibly being correct. Fundamentalism can lead to fanaticism for some people for whatever reason, be they genetic or social or both.The most futile discussion is a discussion with the fanatics.

Do I think you are a fanatic SAM? No.

I suppose you should thank your society and your parents DNA.

But .... to live a life of fundamentalism....

You once said our atheistic lives are sad, almost devoid of color or some such thing, Why? From my point of view I'm open to all possibility. There's a lot of colors over here in tolerance open-mindedness land

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Thanks Kadrak. See my reply to SAM.

Yup, life's good over here in open-mindedness Land

Michael

15. Kadark Banned Banned

It doesn't matter if I acknowledge the possibility of another belief being "right", and my own "wrong". What matters is if I respect them regardless.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

it does set a limit and stunt a logical debate though.... once logic is gone, well, it's all fairy dust really

17. Kadark Banned Banned

Believing that I'm right and someone else is wrong doesn't limit or stunt a debate.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

You may believe you are right and someone else is wrong. That's different that believing they MUST be wrong and you MUST be right. You see, one is open-minded and the other close-minded. It's really pointless to gave a debate with someone totally closed minded.

right?

19. Kadark Banned Banned

Right, which is why I'm done debating with you.

20. Gustav Banned Banned

what about a circle jerk?
    lots of fun to be had

21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

There is absolutely no possibility that God doesn't exist.

You said it
    Michael

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I think we could ask about every atheist on this board and they ALL would say they would believe in *insert belief* so long as there was some evidence.

Also, someone made the point somewhere that you do not choose to believe. Either you do or you do not. There is no "choice" in the matter. It's like Tom saying Scientology's Xenu is real. You are simply not going to believe it UNLESS you had some evidence for it - like, ooo I don't know, XENU! You can not will yourself to believe in Xenu once your mind has come to the conclusion no you don't.

The difference is, I am willing to state - YES Xenu may be real. The possibility exits that Xenu could really exist. Do I believe so? No. But He could be real.

See the difference?
    Michael

23. chuuush Registered Senior Member

Hehehe.. that's cool man! You made me laugh, GOD bless you!