vitamins

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by R1D2, Mar 15, 2012.

1. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

The link below shows the good and bad about vitamin D. I still think they are being a little cautious about the max dosage, but getting tested takes care of that problem by showing what your blood levels really are.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/ss/slideshow-vitamin-d-overview

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

I take a daily 1000 u dose of D but still have brittle splintery nails. The doc tells me this is part of aging. My hair is also brittle and breaks off easily. No big deal there as I am bald and clean shaven, a bit weird though. Dr OZ suggests a weekly soaking of the nails in olive oil for the nails, says other than that there isn't much to do to address that issue.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I haven't noticed my nails doing better either. However it's possible they could be doing worse. It's hard to tell because I don't want to stop taking vitamin D long enough to find out. I'm not bald but do like to keep my hair short because old grey hair has more split ends that needs to be clipped frequently.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. elusive Registered Member

My doctor says take 1000 iu of Vitamin D in pill form daily. I was tested for my vitamin D levels and was low I personally take about 3000 iu daily now and have found it boosts my immune system for fighting off colds. My husbands doctor says take 4000 iu a day. I think doctors in canada are on the low die until more imperical information is available.