Vote For Co-Mod Of WE&P

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by goofyfish, Jun 28, 2004.

?

Moderator Balloting

Poll closed Jul 8, 2004.
  1. Tiassa

11 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. WellCookedFetus

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. Undecided

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. sargentlard

22 vote(s)
    35.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Any substance to back that flash? Only a couple posts ago, you noted:

I mean, on the one hand it's cryptic, and to the other it's superficial. Make up your mind. Right now it just looks as if you're complaining in order to maintain that low standard you're so proud of.

Such as this.

Still flogging what? I mentioned it as a comparative, you threw a hissy-fit, and in the course of doing so you elevated that argument as if it concerned something substantial--

--whereupon I attempted to correct your self-centered, overindulgent notion:

And yet, in search of a bone to gnaw on, you cut the words into snippets in order to post superficial, avoidant pseudo-responses:

You certainly are living up to your intent to be insufferable. I mean, look at you--begging for another round like a penniless drunk.

Self-importance? How snotty of me to expect people who bitch about what I write to demonstrate the ability to read! Oh, the horror. Lament! Lament!

Just a quick reiteration on self-importance:

Or even better--

There's nothing quite like declaring judgments immediately after demonstrating your lack of qualification to do so. See, Anu, if you were able to demonstrate by the nature of your responses that you understood the words you were responding to, that would be an entirely different story. As it is, playing the illiterate in order to find any reason to throw a tantrum is pretty much all you're accomplishing. I'm sure there's some obscure performance value in your mind that justifies the behavior, but by the time you get down to bitching about people's sense of self-importance, well ... thank you for the chuckle. I don't feel so badly about taking amusement in other people's misfortune if they stubbornly choose to smack themselves in the head.

Hell, when John Cleese does it, it's considered good comedy.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Longest

ever

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Nope I have seen longer, If I were moderator I would ask for some efficency in writing style here, perhaps shorten the quotes to save space so we can read the post with better ease?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

anu, are you actually going to address his retorts or are you just going to sit there, gawp and take the easy way out? And the term 'maggot', used in the belittling context, has little or no effect in todays world. Even the obvious attempt at belittling shows a huge weakness in your character. If you have no point to make then leave this thread for members who want to have a serious, mature debate about how a forum many of us love to frequent should be ran.

WellCookedFetus, such a change in a post demonstrated by Tiassa would be inefficient. If you were to edit his post to minimise the quotes used, regular viewers, such as myself, would have to constantly browse back and forth between various pages just to piece together his point. He was trying to make certain points and all quotes were indeed relevent.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I'm not saying I would edit it, I would "ask" for a more efficent writing style, so far s/he has not done anything wrong.

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Ah yes so you did. I had my trigger finger ready. My apologys. But I can argue the point that in that instance the writing style was preferable for the everyday user. It may not be desirable if the quote came from the previous post but many experienced members here appreciate this and follow the tried and tested method of...

"Google today acclaimed the efforts... ...and then the pig ate the pie"

10. anu Banned Banned

easy way out? and that is my modus operandi? can you show an instance where this has happened? were you not the one that accused me of going on rampages? back your assertion up, little boy. besides, what i makes you think i have to conform to your frikkin timetable? who the hell are you?

just shut up and watch the show. you may applaud when there is a lull.

kapeesh?

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Fine anu. If you want a reply, here it is.

Well, it looks as if you have deleted your previous post containing you recent influx of verbal diarrhea. I applaud your maturity.

I do not remember this and I should not be expected to.

Once again, you choose belittling over rational thought.

It just seems like common sense. If you say something then you should back it up. Not throw up a fit when someone confronts you about it.

And who the hell are you? Seriously.

I'm attempting to save the show. This thread should contain a mature debate over issues that need to be met head on. Not full of excrement throwing contests that you seem so happy to continue.

Now, if you have anything remotely intelligent to say then please say it. If not, don't. Although I have already made my vote, others still need to and they need to know what each candidate stands for. As of right now I would guess no-one has a clue. So unless you have 50 odd members who want to wade through this thread, page after page, and then make a sensible vote then please continue this inane fallacy of an ego-contest you have just started up.

12. anu Banned Banned

Well, it looks as if you have deleted your previous post containing you recent influx of verbal diarrhea. I applaud your maturity.

appearances can deceive, mr trigger happy. i did no such thing. in my two years here, i never have deleted any of my posts. in fact i allow it to remain as a testimony to my wisdom (heh) or in some cases, my stupidity.

so go take your applause to those more deserving, namely the moderators

I do not remember this and I should not be expected to.

you demand exemption? you think you are deserving of special treatment? pardon me if i refuse to comply. i suggest you bring along your wits to this discussion. it would help immensely. now looky here boy.....

Once again, you choose belittling over rational thought.

wrong. it is a conjunction of both that is employed. the situation demands it and i hate to come up lacking. besides thor, what makes you think you can recognize a rational thought. have you not screwed up twice already in the space of a few posts with your bogus assumptions? did you not misread the fetus's intent that was so clearly spelt out? did you fantasize a few extra words into his post?

It just seems like common sense. If you say something then you should back it up. Not throw up a fit when someone confronts you about it.

that is not what i asked. this is tedious. i had ignored you for 2 frikking years and i can see why.

I'm attempting to save the show.

well! ok, i can respect that

This thread should contain a mature debate over issues that need to be met head on.

empty words, pal. well, go on then. have a mature discussion on the very important event of electing a frikkin janitor. cmon, elaborate on these pressing issues. i feel like a laugh

Now, if you have anything remotely intelligent to say then please say it.

ooga booga (what do you think?)

If not, don't. Although I have already made my vote, others still need to and they need to know what each candidate stands for. As of right now I would guess no-one has a clue.

heh heh. its just you my dear man, just you.

So unless you have 50 odd members who want to wade through this thread, page after page, and then make a sensible vote then please continue this inane fallacy of an ego-contest you have just started up.

its all tiassa's fault (pout)

13. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I vote Sarge.

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I think you're mistaken, You actually mean to vote again and this time for WellCookedFetus. Oh yes, you are. You don't know it, but it's the ultimate truth you come to realise through some serious meditation and alchocol consumption.
    VOTE WellCookedFetus

15. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

anu, just who the hell are you. Seriously. You expect me to know that you were Hathor and then you go on about ignoring me for two years. Just who are/were you. This is pointless, I've "spoken" to people like you before and I know it is ultimately futile. But I will attempt to rectify some points you have just thrown up in the air.

As it is impossible to determine who deleted a post I shall give you the benefit of the doubt and apologise for my statement regarding that.

Demand exemption? From what? The fact you have multiple accounts (against forum rules I must add) and expect others to know exactly who you are. I would think exemption would be damned well called for in that case. And don't try to act superior by calling me boy. It doesn't work.

What makes you think I cannot?

If you feel it is not important then why are you even bothering to post in this thread. Just because you do not consider it to be important does not mean others feel the same. I could go on all day about the issues that need to be taken on but as I am busy I shall not. I hope you can appreciate that some of us have lives or does that not conform with you?

Unless I feel the need to I will not post in this thread again as we have already made it decend into this drivvle we see before us.

On an unrelated point. When does this poll close. Is the date in US date format or Internationak date format because it's impossible to tell from just looking at it.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

it's arabic -> meaning: from right to left

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

in commonly accepted format it is -> the 4th of September 2007

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

but how do you know they didn't use the other format here?

18. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, I hope it ends in seven hours and not in 3 years

And Avatar, shouldn´t it be August?

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

august is the 8th month
    This poll will close on 07-09-04 at 12:07 AM

20. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Lol, you live in a different time zone, for me it would be August, this poll ends on 07-08-04 at 11:07 PM....

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

lol ic
    our planet is really big
    timezones strech in months not in hours!

22. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Better not travel too far, the jetlag might kill you

But this poll gets interesting, WFC and Sarge are really close...

23. anu Banned Banned

tiassa

Any substance to back that flash? Only a couple posts ago, you noted:

absolutely. when expectations of the kind you evince are not fulfilled, one usually feels a certain degree of dissapointment. it is a general condition of being human. you do know what it is to be one, yes?

I mean, on the one hand it's cryptic, and to the other it's superficial.
    Make up your mind. Right now it just looks as if you're complaining in order to maintain that low standard you're so proud of.

so the tenor of your post changed. what of it? you think consistency is one of your strong suites?
    there is a progression that one must follow in order to keep track of a thread. you missed it. note the section to which i omitted a response....like that end section (tiassa). it was to that i referred as cryptic. see here.....

*Squinchy, Anu. Squinchy.
    *This topic needs a Hoover Dam-sized enema.
    *Frankly, Seaman Staines, I'm amused.

thats yours

and you must be dipsy donkey dofo?
    and you my dear sir, need a fat cock in the ass
    great, Jack Meehoff, i aim to please.

and this was mine

apparently this was cryptic enough for you to refer to it as... Now ... to me, that whole section is from left field. did you really have a point to all that? if so, what? do you really think presenting it in such a manner would lead to a serious consideration of it? naturally i thought not and replied with an equally moronic response. it is you that brings this crap to the table. why whine if i bite? (google squinchy and find dofo)

Still flogging what? I mentioned it as a comparative, you threw a hissy-fit, and in the course of doing so you elevated that argument as if it concerned something substantial--

"kapeesh" naturally. it must rank. see this elevation occurs only in your mind. i mean, i question its usefulness, i find it an irritant. how the hell does that translate to "something substantial"

dear me. let me show you the error of your ways. let me revisit that point in time when all went to pot

now there is the original hissy fit. there is the disrespect. do you really think that i am going to fucking let you get away with calling me an illiterate after it had been established that the variation is an accepted one simply because it offends you? you really fucking need to get a fucking clue.

lets move on to the latest hissy fit. your grand entrance....

understand this. regardless of spin that either of us places on my role here, i am still a participant in this thread. diss the thread and you diss me in turn. i will naturally respond. think of it like this. think back towards the incident where you were up in arms over philforums ragging on us. it was not personal but you sure treated it that way, did you not?

this is tedious. it is like explaining to a frikkin child on how to conduct oneself in a non confrontational manner. anyway, lets move on...

--whereupon I attempted to correct your self-centered, overindulgent notion:

nice. cranking up the heat i see. i guess it is just a matter of time before megalomania enters the picture. you go boy!

And yet, in search of a bone to gnaw on, you cut the words into snippets in order to post superficial, avoidant pseudo-responses:

you mean sentences, ja? interesting. what issues am i avoiding here? is it the fact that i disagree with all your moronic assertions and expectations that compel you to pretend incomprehension? is it the fact that i do not acknowledge your neurotic desire to elevate and rise about it all that leads to "avoidant pseudo responses?" or is it the fact that i treat politics in a manner that befits it that gets your frikkin panties in a bunch?

god forbid! could it be all of them? say it is not so! please!

You certainly are living up to your intent to be insufferable. I mean, look at you--begging for another round like a penniless drunk..

and look at you responding like a mindless drone.

Self-importance? How snotty of me to expect people who bitch about what I write to demonstrate the ability to read! Oh, the horror. Lament! Lament!

get a grip, drama queen. lament indeed. is this not a constant whiny refrain of yours? one must note your conventions. one must follow your convoluted meanderings. one must be on the ball with regards to all obscure references. find your self a literary forum and take a measure of yourself there. you could possibly find yourself lacking. no more do you have the masses as a reference by which you measure your sense of self worth. yeah thats right. learn how to read, peasants. keep up with me, you 16 year old n00b. how easy it is to feel superior when one measures oneself against retards.

There's nothing quite like declaring judgments immediately after demonstrating your lack of qualification to do so. See, Anu, if you were able to demonstrate by the nature of your responses that you understood the words you were responding to , that would be an entirely different story.

i presume you speak from experience, eh? let me reiterate, if you cannot make your intent clear, if you insist on camouflage, obsure references and veiled insults, i will interprete your shit anyway i see fit. i am not one to ask for clarification when you do not even attempt to make an effort. see, i understand why you adopt this approach. it is in essence an attempt to cloak what is actually an ad hom attack. i understand very well what you are on about in this thread

now, exactly what is it that i have misunderstood. is the fact that i say you rag on this thread and its contributers? i mean, after all, you insist the grand entrance was not directed at me. do you even understand the extent of the contribution in here that i take credit for? simple political slogans and lighthearted jabs at a candidate. that is hardly a cause for pride.

you note in an earlier post....

What's ironic to me is that the "dirty campaign" isn't even focusing on substantial dirt.

and you know of some? dirt that is? ok. i am not really that cruel. i could have paraded the fetus's posting history here, selectively extracting that which makes him look incompetent. yet i chose not do so. it was far easier to....

that is, prod and egg the fetus on to crucify himself.
    he did so. admirably! of course no one gave a shit since the votes keep coming

As it is, playing the illiterate in order to find any reason to throw a tantrum is pretty much all you're accomplishing. I'm sure there's some obscure performance value in your mind that justifies the behavior, but by the time you get down to bitching about people's sense of self-importance, well ... thank you for the chuckle. I don't feel so badly about taking amusement in other people's misfortune if they stubbornly choose to smack themselves in the head.

uh, now i am suffering? what is my misfortune? and yes, tiassa, you are bloat. a self important lout. just ask around. most have your number.

Hell, when John Cleese does it, it's considered good comedy.

throw of those shackles and let it rip. i will be waiting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.