wait for it.. wait for it.. OH DAMN

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by sifreak21, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

We don't need to excuse the suspects to condemn the police

I would remind that she was interfering in an otherwise-legal (albeit stupid) law enforcement encounter.

Here's an early perspective, as the news was breaking:

Brissey, Grant. "Q13 Fox News: Seattle Police Officer Assaults 17-Year-Old Jaywalker". Slog. June 14, 2010. Slog.TheStranger.com. June 18, 2010. http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/ar...police-officer-assaults-17-year-old-jaywalker

Included are video footage, quotation from the incident report, and SPD's blotter entry.

One thing I can say is that this was certainly an incompetent officer. Then again, SPD is rife with them. Just another day in Seattle, I guess.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

And I hope you can look at the love one when there being barried with a bullet in their head, and say "well, youre not a human being."

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

That's a bit excessive...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Mmkay. Criminal-lover, are you?

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Once again:

Why should you NOT be excessive when it comes to maintaining the dignity of the law?

9. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

Amazing, you didnt answer any of my questions. All you could do was point the fingure. My turn.

Using your logic, (as im assuming you've broken the law in some way since you didnt deny it) you are not a human being. And at 6pm tommorow, a police officer willl come to detain you from society for life.
    Oh, and your children, friends, wife ect. aswell

10. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

Change of setting:
    At 6pm the officer will bring you and your loved ones to a extermantion-camp. You will be slowly prossesed and eventualy killed by toxic gas.
    Gotta uphold the law

11. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Violence by police officers should be to defend the rights and safety of themselves and potential victims of crimes, not the "dignity of the law".

If this guy had been attacked by a crazed mob, I'd have no objection to him shooting people. If the girl had pulled out a weapon and attacked him, shooting is fine. But an unarmed altercation with a teenager doesn't warrant death, in my opinion.

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Eh, I guess we have a difference of opinion.

13. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

I guess you also support the Greek riot polce shooting an unarmed protester for raising his Anarchy symbol in he air?

14. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Sure.

Riots are not okay.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

What do you expect of a would-be Nazi?

It's a safe position for him to take. He gets a petty psychological reward from spouting such arguments. Yet, he remains safe in many societies from ever being subject to the sort of injustice he advocates because there are enough people fighting against such outcomes, who will not accept such results even for those who believe such circumstances proper, because they do not wish to chip away at the walls of justice that preserve society.

I mean, how many of us are really going to turn our backs on someone when being brutalized by the police because they he advocated such outcomes?

It is a convenient and safe argument for him to make. He gets to roar like a brave lion even if he isn't, and self-gratification, to judge by his posts, is the most important thing in the world to him. The human species? Life? The Universe? Everything? It all exists just for him.

Look at his avatar:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He considers a Syrian fascist, a Nazi wannabe, a hero. How can such a despicable outlook not affect people's perceptions of his chest-beating, uneducated political assertions?

16. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

You have officaly made my day

17. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Here we go! Tiassa, a mod, resorting to personal attacks?

Saadeh was not a Nazi, by the way.

Let's not forget what you are: a communist scumbag that likes to lift his nose in the air but, when the moment comes to fruition, has no good argument at all and instead resorts to these sorts of petty attacks and degradations in order to make any sort of point. Typical of communists.

You're a communist loving wannabe Stalinist. And you think you're a hero for justice, with the way you speak!

Oh, please, Tiassa. You're pathetic.

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Read it again

If you consider the truth a personal attack, perhaps you should reexamine your standards.

Sorry, I forget the word "wannabe" (e.g., an elision of "want to be") doesn't exist outside the United States.

Read it again.

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

What "truth" did you espouse?

You seem to disagree, then, that police officers should uphold the dignity of the law? I am, and admit to being, very, very much for the most extreme enforcement of the law possible, and that is because I believe that the law is important. That doesn't mean, however, that any law is okay or that the government ought to be powerful (clearly, that is what YOU believe); but when the law is just, as it was in this case, then you must ruthlessly enforce it. Otherwise you will never progress.

I see absolutely no reason why we should be lax in our enforcement.

And how was he? He wasn't a racist; neither did he care about religion, or language, or anything of the sort.

And please, quit speaking out of your ass. You're not a Syrian and wouldn't understand the situation.

20. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

You, are an ignorent un-educated Nationalist!
    You wouldnt dare take the side of the people, but you would have your money spent by the state to commit crimes against humanity!

Youre arguments are grotesic and disguesting. You have no sympothy for human beings, but seem to take the side of the state even when they have broken their own laws.

You have no moral values, you are a puppet who believes to be a puppeteir.

Want to start with name calling and personal attacks, Ill let myself go

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I'll just say one thing:

What the hell are you talking about?

22. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

You.

23. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I can put up with most of the things you say, but this? If you're thinking that America is anything like the Nazi's, then you are sadly mistaken.