War!

Discussion in 'History' started by Omega133, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Um, TV show. Hardly accurate.

Which is what I said earlier: ruthless rather than tough.

Only the F-22 in the US inventory is ahead of them.

Nope: it's an interceptor, not capable of (or built for) dogfighting.

And Foxhound is still only an interceptor, it's still not going to be up in the +9G structural limit.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I saw Lawrence of Arabia a few weeks back. I thought it was excellent. He was a brilliant leader.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

REPLY: I did a good bit of fighting in the Viet Nam War. I meet and speak with America`s current veterans. I would be a fool to sell them short. These are tough capable men. They do not lose battles. And the USA Airforce has made short work of all opposing forces since the Korean War.
    If WWIII ever occurs WE WILL NOT LOSE. ...TRAVELER

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

It all depends on who we fight. There is no doubt that we are tough S.O.B's but China has more men. Our military is one of the most impressive, no doubt about it. I was thinking of joining the Air Force. But my sight is not 20/20, so I wouldn't be able to.

8. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Shogun, theres a difference between conscription and forced enlistment.
    In the war, tons of Japanese were "forced" into the military, and by forced, I mean a gun was put to their backs and if they said no they wouldnt say anything any more.

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

No, there is no way any country could succesfully invade the US, other than maybe Canada.

The fact is that we have 11 super carriers and several dozen assault carriers. The only other country to have a real aircraft carrier are the Russians, and its worth so much to them that they have never even tried to use it.

The fact is that at a seabattle, any aircraft with anti ship missiles can outrange any sort of cruiser or destroyer or enemy ship it encounters.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, in just a few more years, if they wanted to, Mexico could conquer the US without firing a shot!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

11. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

?

was...that... a joke?

Am I supposed to....laugh?

That was not funny at all. Im half Mexican.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So ....you're not an American??!! See what I mean? Just who are you loyal to? If Mexico declares war on the USA, would you fight for the USA or for Mexico? Or would you sit it out because you can't make up your mind?

Baron Max

13. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

well first off, I am American, have been my entire life. And no I dont see what you mean at all. What's the problem with me being half Mexican? Well I couldnt fight if I wanted to.

And second off, what in the world gives you the silly/stupid idea that mexico would attack the US?

Thats like an ant declaring war on an elephant.

They couldnt win and they damn well know it.

Every time they fought the US not only did they get their asses kicked, but in the most spectacular fashion.

Do you really think Mexico poses a threat?

Theres some of the largest US military bases in Texas, and G-d knows how many guns.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Think about it for just one second, okay? First, from my original comment: "Well, in just a few more years, if they wanted to, Mexico could conquer the US without firing a shot!" Why did you take offense at that? If you're an American, there's nothing in that statement that should offend you. I didn't make any references to "Hispanics" or "Latinos" or whatever ...I said "Mexicans". Mexicans are citizens of Mexico ....you ain't one!

Second, why did you deem it necessary to tell me that you're half-Mexican? What does that have to do with anything? What does it have to do with my statement? If you're an American, you're an American ....you not "half-Mexican".

Most definitely! Ask Californians just how much of a threat illegal Mexicans pose to the Calif economy. And Texas isn't far behind. And now, illegal Mexicans are making their presence felt as far away as Pennsylvania.

A threat? Oh, yeah, big, big threat. But it won't be with guns and artillery, it'll be with babies ...gazillions of them.

Baron Max

15. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

Ditto Canada.. With there " Indian/Chinese " immigrant population ..

In one ear out the other is a good poster for you fredr808...

Nothing between them ( ears that is )

How old are you ??.

Did you ever go to school ??.

16. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

Ooops... Their ..

17. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

" Shogun, theres a difference between conscription and forced enlistment.
    In the war, tons of Japanese were "forced" into the military, and by forced, I mean a gun was put to their backs and if they said no they wouldnt say anything any more. "

And your reference is ???

Please do not make statements with out back up ..

18. adam2314 Registered Senior Member

Hey Shogun..

" Oh, and I think Japan is trying to develop mobile suits. Plus, they have a special armor for its infantry codenamed "Gundam" .."

Every bloody army in the world is asking for " mobile suits "..

Code named ...

Goddamned.. The bastard got me .. Hahahaaaa.

Take time off of this media and learn to read books.

Yes .. Books.. Learn to question what is put before you..

Why were all the " Pacific Fleet " Aircraft Carriers out in the Pacific sailing North.. With out normal Naval cover when Pearl Harbour was attacked.. ??

Question... Question... Question...

How usefull would all of those sunken, mostly obsolete Battleships have been ???

Question ..Question.. Question...

You maybe fascinated by WAR..

Be more fascinated by FACTS..

Stalin had as many factories dismantled and shifted to the East.. Siberia .. As he could..

Where did he get the idea ???

Who did it first ??..

10 points for a correct answer..

!00 points if you are correct with your first answer..

19. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Lets revive this. Again the purpose of this thread is too discuss war. Technology, tactics, history, etc.

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

In a battle, use the ordinary to engage, and the extraordinary to win. To be decisive battles have to be waged and won quickly, to ensure that it doesn't drain resources, men and time..

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Retard, there is advanced combat equipment codenamed Gundam, its not a Mobile Suit though. I get the idea they are making MS because they are already making awesome exoskeletons. Anyways, I read plenty about military tactics. Siberia, because of Operation Barbarossa and it is out of the range of Hitler.

22. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Retard, they were not, it was a HONOR, its called BUSHIDO! Geez..... Anyways, only troops that enlisted willingly and have a strong will to fight is good.

23. desi Valued Senior Member

Max beat me to it. Mexico has changed the racial population of the US in ways that only traditional wars have done without firing a shot. The US has gone a long way toward letting this happen and it will prove to be part of its undoing in the coming decades, once the minority becomes the majority we'll see just how far we've come.