Warping of Spacetime

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by RajeshTrivedi, May 16, 2015.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Agreed.
    There is nothing wrong with an alternative theory or more correctly an hypothesis, as long as one recognises that what he has is just that, and speculation.
    The problem over the last couple of months here, we have alternative hypothesis pushers, putting their case as certain, and in the same breath deriding accepted models such as GR and the BB, all in the science threads, and with the quite obvious goal of trying to deceive.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Gravitational time dilation and space warping are both evidenced.
    Certainly science does not know the why or how of the BB, or the exact nature of gravity. But my tip to you is to research properly what science/cosmology does know, and not concentrate on the areas that its knowledge maybe limited in...because you most certainly are not going to make any difference.
    That is false....You asked some questions and they were answered. You did not like the answers.....you made some incorrect statements and they were rebuked.
    If you chose to violate SR/GR why do you than post in the science threads, instead of the alternative fringe sections?
    And of course if you do question SR/GR you will rightly need to run the gauntlet.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tashja Registered Senior Member

Hi, sweetpea. See below:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Thank you for that Tashja, don't know how you do it.

The fault was mine for not paying close attention to Prof.Everitt's first reply.

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Agreed totally. She's a marvel!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I have E-Mailed a few experts and lucky to have a 50% success rate in obtaining replies.
    I do realise that in the main, they are busy people though.

9. brucep Valued Senior Member

It's tough. This forum lost much when the PHD's realized they no longer had the time. Shortly after I became a member Ben the Man explained why he had to give up his moderation post.

paddoboy likes this.
  10. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Kittamaru,

Frankly speaking, you should not have shifted this thread to alternative theory...The reasons are not far to seek...

1. Warping / Distortion / Curvature of spacetime.........requires at least level -1 understanding, the subject is complex even to visualize, so discussion would have been fruitful to interested amateurs. The OP does not offer any alternative. None can offer a neat / clear picture on the same, it is maths and that too complex one.

2. Space with Ether and without Ether are certainly two alternative aspects, but this fight is more than a century old. Of course GR which has an edge today, is without Ether side, but that does not mean that issues why GR is without ether and how GR can be with ether or how with ether...cannot be discussed on mainstream sub forum.

I feel you erred or you got carried away by usual nonsense which is apparent from your profile post.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

This thread was no motr than a ruse for you to again ply your already invalidated nonsense.
    Your pretentious posts fools no one and are no more than disguised efforts to push your alternative hypothesis. That has been evident throughout every thread you have started.
    People have just woken up to that fact.
    So why did you not post in the alternative hypothesis section to start with?

No one erred and the only nonsense was from you.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I am sorry you feel that way - however, your feelings have not, thus far, been validated by observable evidence. What I have seen is nothing more than someone raging against the established (and repeatedly analyzed and accepted) idea of General Relativity.

As this is, by its very definition, an "alternative theory", that is where this belongs; if I had felt it was entirely without merit, i would have simply shunted it into Pseudoscience.