wars, wars, wars, death and its all just entertainment.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Engell79, Sep 14, 2016.

?

Do you feel any emotional response in any degree wen seeing death on news broadcasts?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2016.
  1. YES

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Yes, but not as much as id like to

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. river

military complex ; as Eisenhower warned us about .

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

I think it really is that simple that people are naive. They don't see death on TV because the media isn't allowed to show it and they know the deaths they see on shows like Game of Thrones are fake.

I have occasionally looked-up real death videos online because I want to Know. The last one was probably the Syrian pilot who was burned alive by ISIS a few years ago. Watching it and knowing it was real was traumatic. I felt physically ill. But even then, that was watching from a distance and knowing the outcome had already happened (I wasn't watching a new horror as it happened). To be a soldier and see it live or worse yet to be a part of it when a comrade gets killed is a different order of magnitude of emotional trauma.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

If you believe in life, love makes you certain before you know. If you don't the all mighty is passive, and death and the reaper go to naught, if death were a his own thing like logic.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Love is the problem ; religion is based on love . Love is an emotion which can be warped and is warped.

I my self prefer respect and understanding . It is through both of these that peace will come around . Shake hands .

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

To this day, I'm unable to watch really gruesome stuff on TV or the movies, or photes in books: Even written realistic accounts, makes my stomach churn!
    While realistically, the world and us as a human race have heaps of improvement and betterment to achieve, I also believe we are not as bad as we once were..say the middle and dark ages.
    The slight improvement maybe slow, but I do believe it is happening.
    It better be happening, otherwise we havn't got much hope for the future.
    In saying that I am somewhat of an optimist.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. river

Understood ; it is disturbing .

One can only bring your childern in an enviroment at home that is healthy both mentally and physically healthy ; sound thinking . ( mentally meaning ; intellect ; empathy ; encouragement ; awarness ; kindness ; understanding ; strengh ) . Physical ; be active .
    Food is important ; attitude .

To be anything less would be a burden on ourselves .

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Reason is the mother of all suffering, and evil, and still you couldn't live without it.

11. river

Disagree

Emotion , the emphasis on being emotional , to the point of extreme ; religion etc. will be Humanties down fall unless we get a grip on ourselves .