Was Tunneling What Caused Big Bang?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Reiku, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

We have put up with a lot of wierdness in quantum physics. From quantum entanglent with ‘’spooky action at a distance’’(1/sqrt(2))(|01>-<10) to the infinities lurking behind the electron, but none so wierd have we had to contemplate, than big bang itself.

It is to my impression, that all scientists do not believe that things can simply come from nothing. It defies all scientific evolution and thought. But for some reason, we need to sit back and accept the dogma of big bang.
    The concept is simple. Everything came from nothing. There seems to be no precurser, and if everything is how we define things today, then before anything was real, it can only be defined in terms of nothing. How can spacematterenergytime come from nothing?

There are a few theories in the quantum mainstream that are catching some attention... one of those being the brane collisions of Ekpyrotic Comsological Theory... but let's not talk about this one... instead, lets look at a new mode of thought... quantum tunneling.

The action of moving from one place to another outside of our ability to measure is called tunneling. It is when a particle reaches a certain thickness in spacetime, and burrows through the thickness to reach a final destination. Indeed, some suggest that the universe came into existence as the result of "quantum tunneling." Dr. Hugh Ross has responded to that claim in an essay entitled "Quantum Mechanics, a Modern Goliath" where he notes:

Noting that virtual particles can pop into existence from nothingness through quantum tunneling, [British astrophysicist Paul] Davies employs the new grand unified theories to suggest that in the same manner the whole universe popped into existence. Ironically, his argument against God's creating can now be turned against his hypothesis. Quantum mechanics is founded on the concept that quantum events occur according to finite probabilities within finite time intervals. The larger the time interval, the greater the probability that a quantum event will occur. Outside of time, however, no quantum event is possible. Therefore, the origin of time (coincident with that of space, matter, and energy) eliminates quantum tunneling as "creator."

To Davies' credit, he has been revising his position. He recently argued that the laws of physics "seem themselves to be the product of exceedingly ingenious design." Still more recently he posed this question: "If new organizational levels just pop into existence for no reason, why do we see such an orderly progression in the universe from featureless origin to rich diversity?" He concludes that we have "powerful evidence that there is 'something going on' behind it all."

I think the universe came via tunneling. What do you think? :shrug:

Reiku :m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

My hypothesis: Big Bang was caused by the collapsed universe before it. Same thing will happen to our universe...it will collapse and than expand oncemore.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

and so it shall be my child

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

You are talking about the pulsating universe theory are you not?

8. draqon Banned Banned

is that how its called? ... well interesting, seems like someone else supports my idea.

9. Reiku Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

One of the oldest to be precise. It was originated around the same time the primordial egg theory was created.

10. draqon Banned Banned

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I thought you said humans caused the universe to exist by observing it. (?)

12. draqon Banned Banned

well that is another one of my hypothesis...

13. draqon Banned Banned

I see universe as cyclic, the future created the past...whereas this cycle was created by another universe of which we are small part of...whereas our universe is made of many universes...which are made of many other universes.

14. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Even if it is cyclical some First Cause had to cause the cycle. And even if there are approximately infinite universes there still had to be a First Cause.

15. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Ice, it was just this sort of trolling that got you banned last time.

16. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Who is Ice? That's trolling? Trolling is the word people use for ad hominem when they admit the've lost an argument. As soon as someone uses the troll word you know they've lost the argument on rational grounds.

17. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

A perfect example of trolling is coming to a science forum where there is a discussion of the big bang theory, and dragging unnecessary deities into the discussion.

18. sniffy Banned Banned

Oily you are in the wrong sub forum. Religion is further down vvv that way. I've heard the god did it theory ad nauseum thanks anyway. Could you leave those of us who are interested in scientific theories to burn in hell on this one. Thanks very much. Moderators you are supposed to be stopping this sort of thing in the science subs.

19. sniffy Banned Banned

bollocks!

20. Reiku Banned Banned

Bollocks to you, you ignorant prick.

21. sniffy Banned Banned

Pleased to meet you. Isn't there *some evidence* to suggest that universe was around before we were here to observe it?

22. Reiku Banned Banned

I like your attitude...

Yes... there is evidence of a virtual universe. But in mathematics, ''virtual'' means non-existant. They go into imaginary calculations. However, we learn through relativistic conclusions that imaginary dimensions are ''only just'' real. Ethereal, one might say.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats why there is a report button.