Weird PM

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by paddoboy, Mar 11, 2016.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Just received a PM from a character whose handle is "Blackshadow" re a SR question.
    The question was.......
    heading of PM:
    Collision of particles
    the question
    If a particle of mass M moving at speed 2/3 speed of light collides linearly with another particle of mass 3M moving at 2/3 speed of light what would happen ?
    The PM was open to the following participants.....Bells, BlackShadow, ,Enmos,,Michael, paddoboy, PhysBang.

My reply:
    Start a thread and you may get your answer.
    Otherwise read up on SR.
    And I have no idea who you are [well perhaps an inkling] so do not PM me please.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The character involved, BlackShadow, like so many of our anti mainstream scientific cranks of late, is a newbie that has not as yet posted. Strange.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I see this frequently. New members who have questions but are too shy to ask.

This board is excellent justification for such hesitancy. One is virtually guaranteed to be called names.

joepistole likes this.
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

First time its happened to me.
    But tell me, why would he include Michael who has not posted in a science thread, although I'm willing to be corrected on that score.
    And why Enmos, who has not posted since March 2015.
    And why would anyone be afraid of being called names?
    And Bells does not frequent science/cosmology subjects too often, unless to give out warnings etc.

8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I have to say I consider it rather unethical to broadcast a private message without first seeking the consent of the sender.

9. sculptor Valued Senior Member

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Oh. I did not catch the meaning of this part in your OP. Changes nothing though. In fact, strengthens the idea that it's someone who has been lurking and reading posts, but too shy to start their own.

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Perhaps under normal PM circumstances. It's apparent that this message should have been posted publicly though.