Welcome to sciforums 3.0!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Porfiry, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I just want it pointed out specifically that people choose crappy posts.

Mephura, thank you for reinforcing a point I made not too long ago, that people around here, no matter how much they complain about crappy posting around here, actually prefer it.

Porfiry: I love the new look. It's beautiful. Of course, I'm also a fan of the pseudo-aquified look to begin with. The only two things I would ask you about are

• With the new font selection available, is there anything you can do to change the default font? I know, I know, it's silly, but I think a combination of Trebuchet and Georgia would be stylin'.
    • Would you consider a forum link at the bottom of the thread page? Yes, it's lazy, but it would be cool to not have to scroll up or reach for the "home" button in order to click back to the forum list after reading the posts.

In the meantime, I've tried reason, browbeating, indignant rage, even keelhauling, cajoling ... everything short of begging. There's not much I can do about the content; I'm always open to your suggestions about that, but I'm not sure what to do about the fact that people choose the same grades of posting that they lament.

I thank you for everything you do. I'll even try to send money this year at some point.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Meph:
    *funeral grin*

No-ho........lucky me I didn't have to. That'd be the closest to prostituting myself for a bargain on your behalf. Burn those gypsies............

Wraith:
    Diplomacy 101.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spookz Banned Banned

umm, he insults me without provocation?. i usually take this as as invitation to respond in kind

since you cannot keep a civil tongue on you either, expect to get slapped back. i think i shall bloody the insides of your cheeks

* the times i have seen you grovel on these boards are kinda fading into black. this particular episode was neat. the speed at which you flip over and offer up your ass is always a sight to behold

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spookz Banned Banned

ban mephura

8. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Spookz:
    "provocation" my cola, puto.

He stoops down, gives out some handy info on search options and out comes the rabid poodle baring its fangs out of nowhere. Insanities.

Oh? I've groveled before...fucking interesting.

9. spookz Banned Banned

you really are kinda clueless eh?

10. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Children, cut it out.

11. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Dad, we're here to talk......
    *hides in the corner*

12. MISSunderstanding@ Registered Senior Member

HI:
    what happened to the PEACE sign on the top of the page? Has Sciforums changed directions? A U-turn? quack-quack thanks :m:

13. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

You can start freaking out when I remove the hemp leaf. (never going to happen) :m:

14. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

Hi Porfiry,

I've tried selecting all my private msg, in order to delete some,...but there's no delete button?

Also, I like the sciforum even now,...in this color,...but could it be done that we can choose that Cool black look again,...

please? oh please please,....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

select the msg u want to delete, at the bottom drop the drop down menu to reveal the delete option.

16. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

Indeed.
    spookz tell mepheminate to take it HERE

....and tell him to bring his whore with him too...

17. Dapthar Gone for Good. Registered Senior Member

A quick question for Porfiry, if I may. The 'free' titles are temporary, correct?

18. spookz Banned Banned

Quick Reply/Similar Threads/Posting Rules*

the 3 modules load by default, i have all windowed.
    while quick reply aint bad, the others kinda suck in the sense that they take up way too much real estate

thoughts?

19. Bells Staff Member

Yeah I've ended up doing the same thing. The fact that the options are there is good and we can use them when needed. But for me personally they take up a bit too much room on the screen so I've closed them as I don't need them at the moment. Makes the window look much more purdy like

20. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

spookz, click the "-" button.

21. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

ok I'm gonna stick my neck out here:
    I don't really see all the hoo haa about the quick reply.
    it's not quicker than the normal reply.

22. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

of course it is !
    i love the quick reply

23. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

but clicking the "post reply" tag is the same as the "quick reply" you still gotta type your shit out no?
    maybe I'm missing something.....