We're out of Movie Trilogies

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

It was pretty cheesy, but I think it was also effective nevertheless. Do we need another LTWATW set of movies? Even if the books were pretty cool, I mean, Calormen is just the coolest fricken name for a desert country EVER...

I read them all in sixth grade methinks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rick Valued Senior Member

Pollux,

Foundation series Doesnt require Action much,It has brilliant ideas enough to make it a nice treat for all sci-fi fan out there.

for example in Foundation's Edge we saw the computer which used palm of hands when touching a touchboard to interact with brain directly.You have to think and it will be done!

And that is amazingly Futuristic!

Who says Asimov has gone Old...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

bye!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Speaking of interacting with computers, have you seen this new device that projects a keyboard onto any flat surface using lasers? It's the size of a small cell phone and it projects a complete keyboard onto any level surface. Then it uses a sensor to tell which key you press and presto, you have your own tiny portable keyboard. Saw it in Popular Science.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rick Valued Senior Member

Thats interesting...Do you have any references that you might wanna give?

Thanks.

bye!

8. kmguru Staff Member

I read that too.

Since fingers have the most sensors, that would be a good place to interface with the brain using a sensory glove i/o

9. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

There's several little articles on it on google (search for mobile projected laser keyboard). Here's another interesting thing I found:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=4148

This will allow you to display high quality images on any flat surface using lasers and can be attached even to your cell phone :bugeye:

10. ICARRYALOTOFBULLETS Quit smoking...:) Registered Senior Member

Bladerunner should of been a trilogy!

11. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

As far as movies go, Back to the Future is with out a doubt the best trilogy. It stays consistently funny, entertaining and well made through out all three and all flow together into one great big picture. Back to The Future Rulz!

"Great Scott!"
    "This is heavy."

12. Rick Valued Senior Member

Matrix trilogy i think is the coolset thing ever to happen to science fictions...

bye!

13. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

How can you say that when you haven't even seen the others, I'm counting they're gonna suck.

14. Rick Valued Senior Member

Well,
    if they try to do it in JP style,then off course they"ll suck...But if you liked first movie(The Idea) and based on the first movie's style of presentation i thought the sequels would be pretty cool too...

bye!

15. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

There's supposed to be a swordfight between Morpheus and someone else in the next one, that should be cool =O