What are the dumbest attempts to find fault in the theory of evolution you've heard?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Dr Lou Natic, Aug 30, 2003.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

if you change "some" to all “all genetically surveyed organism” Some requires exceptions, exceptions have not yet been observed definitively... then maybe I could agree to that definition.

As for the issue of biogenisis that would be something for another thread.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flores Registered Senior Member

I agree totally, and with such a definition your have almost totally narrowed down the potential of finding faults", but you were the most moderate in your views to start with and thus your opinion is not a good representative of the evolutionists pool available.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Flores Registered Senior Member

The problem with this is that I'm not an expert or even well studied in biology and am only here because this thread was moved from free thoughts and it mocked or challenged posters to offer dumbest attempts to find faults in a theory. My opinions rely on my general problem solving techniques that could be used to examine any decipline from gibrish to partial differentials. Opening or participtating in other biology threads would imply that I'm interested in the specifics and details relating to the development of the field, and that's not my intention.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Being a undergrad biochemist they shun me from their world (paulsamuel mainly, as well spuriousmonkey, but spurious does not claim to be a evolutionary biologist). Oh well to me genetics and SNP mapping means everything I'm sure there is proof in their fields, but I am either to bias or ignorant to consider it definitive.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Flores bleats:

at the moment, people working on evolution need to shut the fuck up and work quitely to proof or disprove this theory that may go down in history as one of the most "waste of time" endeavors.

And by the same token, people who believe imaginary gods created the universe should do the same. And when it comes to discussing evolution, those who know nothing about evolution due to their addled beliefs, should do the former.

9. spookz Banned Banned

perhaps i have mentioned this before......'

lamarckian inheritance rules!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

(Q),

lets not use emotional words or put downs, appeal to emotion and authority are not valid arguments.

spookz,

lamarckianisum fine as long as its used to describe artificial subjects, for example: social and technological development run by rules of Lamarckian evolution. But in biology Lamarckian evolution fails to match up to Darwinian evolution when interpreting the evidence.

11. spookz Banned Banned

nonsense

besides you are just an undergrad. what do you know!

*just kiddin

*neuro...sucks
    *fetus rocks

12. Flores Registered Senior Member

Have you gotten laid lately Q???. You display the symptoms of a sexually deprived individual.

Treatment: Since I'm sure noone will volunteer to do you, I suggest that you do yourself twice a day for the next couple of weeks, and then once a week first thing in the morning for the rest of your life...No need to shower or brush your teeth since you'll be doing it alone.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

lets stay off the ad hominems here lets not ask who more ignorant or whe need to unload.

Spook,

I'm a undergrad in BioChem even if I was a PHD they would denounce me because Evolutionary Biologist are usually very pompous people, they usually only accept their people as peers and all most bow to them… Almost as bad a taxonomist.

I have been thinking of neuroscience for grade school, think this name better suit my preferences.

14. Flores Registered Senior Member

Thank you Neuromance for perhaps saving the thread from being closed.

Q, it's not an imaginary god, blue eyed grey haired Zeus, that created the universe. I claim the creator of the universe to be the scientific equivalent of a One gigantic black box of unknown components.

http://www.fsonline.net/May2003/Religious/PicturesOfKaaba.htm
    The 10 million that happened to be in that picture are all revolving around the black box while mumbeling we are idiots next to the creator, to symbolize how much man knows about the origin and sustenance of the universe

15. spookz Banned Banned

really? no wonder brother paul has that haughty attitude. the monkey is cool tho. perhaps its just cos you are a kid

hmm
    yah... ultra materialists!

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

One gigantic black box of unknown components.

Is that what Muslims are referring to as Allah?

The 10 million that happened to be in that picture are all revolving around the black box while mumbeling we are idiots next to the creator, to symbolize how much man knows about the origin and sustenance of the universe

All the while imitating a bleating flock of sheep.

The reasonable man need not consider himself an idiot of submission next to his imagination. He lifts his head from the flock and bleats no more.

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Developmental biologist like spurious are just nerds

Don't even get me started on biochemists:

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I migth throw in the fact that I am actually have moved into the field of evo-devo (evolutionary developmental biology) with my research. That makes me almost qualified to make some general statements on evolution as stipulated under article 2003.23-A-354.777 of the UN charter for biological warfare.

19. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

I have rule of thumb: if refutation of theory of evolution contains the word "Enthropy", it's patented BS. Anti-Evolution crowd likes to use science like words, but unfortunately, it never bothered to learn something beyond the name and superficial definitions. Concept of enthropy is 100% out of grasp refuters; however, with unexplained consistency they LOVE to use that misterious and charming word "Enthropy".

20. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Enthropy! Never heard of it. Is it anything like entropy?

21. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

I'm intrigued. Any follow-up on this?

I'd like to know how the body 'knows' that 'tusks are being targeted in our population ergo baby's DNA must disclude tusk.'

Pretty cool, if it's true.

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

wouldn't it be more like, the ones that don't have tusks don't die and thus, can reproduce and over time they become more predominant in the population?

23. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Lewontin is the dumbest I've seen yet