What are the dumbest attempts to find fault in the theory of evolution you've heard?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Dr Lou Natic, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Buckaroo Banzai Mentat Registered Senior Member

Then they say that evolution of dog breeds, for instance, is not really evolution, but I think that the "problem" of the 2nd law would apply anyway.

Somehow, 2nd law of thermodynamics is just a problem to acquiring modifications between lineages if these modifications somehow make divergent lineages sterile with each other. Ironically, I guess that would be more likely to be expected from "decrease of information", rather than the maintenance of species.

Also they will point that this is specially important because it´s the LAW of thermodynamics, against just a theory. They eventually will make this law vs theory point with "law of biogenesis", that all living beings are offspring, against abiogenesis (often saying that Pasteur was a creationist).

Then they fail to see that multiple special creations are multiple "violations" of such "law", less parciomoniously than sticking with that to a nearly singular origin of life or at least universal common ancestor.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jax0509 The non-believer Registered Senior Member

link

read at the bottom, muslims theory(about the ice age)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

"Energy is infinite"- In response to a claim I made about carbon dating. No kidding. The guy provided no explanation. Sometimes I think he was just saying something like that to tick me off, but I'm pretty sure he meant it. It must have made some sort of sense to him, but hells if I know.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zeno Registered Senior Member

They're saying I came from a fish. I didn't come from a fish!
    Yeah. Anybody with an ounce of common sense can see that we came from a fish!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The evolutionists need to lay off of the :m:.

8. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Zeno, Just because "common sense" seems to contradict evolution doesn't make it false.

9. WisePanda Registered Member

The dumbest thing I've heard to try to flaw that theory is christianity. I mean come on. How the hell is the world going to be created in like 9 days or 7. Whatever amount it was, man come on. I mean if it takes hundreds of people to make a building in months what makes you think one being can make a planet that can fit 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 and probably more in 7 days. Then on top of that make millions of different types of life in 7 days. It doesnt even xplain how he would do it. It just says he did it. Like im sopposed to believe that.