What are the good things Bush II will be remembered for?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by joepistole, Jan 23, 2008.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

This maybe a very short thread. The bad things are pretty obvious, but I would like to know if Bush II has done anything good in his tenure as president. What good things will he be remembered for doing?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Being Funny!!!!!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

When he leaves.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

His sports team.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

He seems wanting of things to be remembered for, his legacy as they say. So maybe we can help him out.

9. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

His hard faught battle, and eventual victory over the evil pretzel.

10. draqon Banned Banned

For finally leaving his presidency term because the law states he needs to leave

11. draqon Banned Banned

as well as for having an awesome partner who target practices on people, Chaney that is.

12. sandy Banned Banned

In his first 5 years in office- President Bush faced the terrorist attacks 911, anthrax mailings, two major wars, an international tsunami disaster, a space shuttle disaster, the worst natural disaster in American history...... While trying to lead America through these challenges- President Bush has been attacked unmercifully by loser liberals.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He will be remembered:
    For being an awesome man of God.
    For being a man of honor.
    For being a man of integrity.
    For having unwavering character.

His awesome sense of humor.
    His determination, devotion, dedication.

Going after evil muslim terrorists.:yay:
    Capturing Saddam Hussein.
    Destroying much of alQaeda's top terrorists.

Keeping the economy great.
    Keeping the stock market at/near all-time highs.

Creating an ownership society and build a future of security, prosperity, and opportunity for all Americans.
    Tax relief.
    Comprehensive education reform.
    Modernized Medicare (providing the first-ever prescription drug benefit for seniors)
    Increased homeownership, especially among minorities.
    Environmental conservation.
    Increase military strength, pay, and benefits. :bravo:

And finally, for being the prime example of what a POTUS is supposed to be!

http://www.boycottliberalism.com/Bush-quotes.htm

http://www.boycottliberalism.com/Whacked.htm

13. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

In many years from now, if the middle east becomes a democratic, free region which is peaceful and prosperous we can credit Bush for that. Will it happen? It will be a long and tough process but it could be done.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I will have to take issue with mybeloved Sandy, now she will never date me. But, the economy is in pretty rough shape...hence the more than thousand point decline in the stock market and emergency meetings of the Federal Reserve and panic in worldwide markets all within the last month. So I don't know who you can paint a pretty face on that mug.
    He is a funny guy. He has given me a number of laughs when listening to his speaches...especially unscripted speeches.
    Medicare prescription drug benefit, was financially irresponsible. In that it forbide, government negotiation drug prices as it does for the Veterans Administration and for the military. So now you have the government paying less for the same drug if it is purchased by the VA or Military and a higher price if purchased under the Medicare program. The Medicare Prescription drug program was a program designed to keep seniors from leaving the country to buy the same drugs in Canada and Mexico for a lot less money. Now the government pays for the difference plus a the market cost of the medicine, not very fiscally responsible. And not a good move given all of the spending that has occured and continues to occur under the Bush II administration.
    A number of presidents have increased military salaries including Clinton. I don't know that George II will get any special rememberance for that action. As I don't think we remember Clintion for that action.
    He certianly was a neocon. But I would not say that is a good thing.
    I certianly think his wife is hot! I like her a lot.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  15. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Even if the middle east becomes a democratic, free region, I don't think Bush will receive credit for it.

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think changing the leadership in the Pentagon was a very good thing...a little late, but definately a good move.

17. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

If government spending manages to significantly decrease in the next couple of decades and taxes as a whole start to lower, Bush might get credit for getting the ball rolling with his tax cuts.

18. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

It's troubling that even Bush's most staunchest supporters don't know what he should be remembered for. Bush has done more for Aids in Africa then any other US President. And you'll find the most radical liberlas will agree, that's the one thing he's done right. This sentiment is echoed by the ground workers in Africa also.

19. oreodont I am God Registered Senior Member

The economy, health care, etc. are the domaine of the Congress. The President has little influence (and nor should he). I actually think Bush has done a good job of keeping his nose out of many domestic isues...or at least not forcibly pushing his own agenda. The President can't spend a penny or pass any law.

The President should be judged on foreign polict and security. There he's been a disaster. A one-man wrecking ball destroying the image of the United States.

What I find astounding is bush, like Clinton and Bush sr before him, has done zip to address the major chink in U.S. security: energy dependence on authoritarian states. U.S. foreign policy is driven by the need to bend over and take it in the ....by dictators and to suck up to thugs. There's smiling Bush last week squeezing the hand of his Saudi master...as Lou Dobbs rightly pointed out, a disgrace. It's been almost 2 decades since the end of the Cold War and there is no geopolitical reason to be in bed with Saudi terrorist regime other than being a slave to energy dependence.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

This is off topic, but it really pissed me off when the Chineese damaged our plane in international territory, took it a part, and charged us and we paid two hundred million ofr the parts!
    But this is supposed ot be on the good things Bush II has done.

21. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Now, now, there are a million other "Bush sucks!' threads out there. Let's keep this one to (what little there is) praise.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

• He left the Republican party in disarray.
    • He killed the power of the Neo-Cons
    • He virtually ensured a Democrat majority for years to come
    • He energized people to become involved in politics, if only to defeat him and his kind
    • He made for excellent comedy material

23. sandy Banned Banned

Yes, but Clinton slashed the military to the bone.

Who the hell cares about our image in the world? Not W. Not us. The rest of the world is too stupid/lazy/scared to fight the evil muslim terrorists. W is not. He has kept us safe since 911 despite liberals whining/crying about their "rights". :bawl:
    Terror is our biggest, most serious problem. Nothing else compares to keeping us alive. The rest is bunk.
    We wouldn't have to go elsewhere for our oil if the pathetic "save the fish" lunatic liberals wouldn't b!tch/protest/prevent us from drilling ANWR and more of our own resources.

W is the best POTUS we have ever had. :yay: