What are the properties?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Beaconator, Aug 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

What are the properties of all elements combined into one box?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

How much of each element do you put in and in what order at what temperature and pressure? What mix of isotopes do you use for elements that have multiple isotopes and do you include elements where all their known isotopes are unstable?

And the critical question is how long do you think it would take me to answer this question given that I potentially have to consider all possible interactions between all 118 elements (that's about 14,000 combinations for just pairs of atoms and carbon chemistry ain't just pairs) and possibly the effects of radioactive decay on the chemistry and how much do you pay per hour?

sideshowbob and Seattle like this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

I don’t pay anything for you to decide that by yourself.

five hundred bucks if you tell me what the box is made out of plus all answers corroborated by myself.

I’ll offer you half of what could be “if” you can convince exchemist and Seattle that it holds merit.

a grand if you knowledgeably tell ddyddyr off. And 25 bucks if James R bans you

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

8. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

In other words you aren't asking a precise question and will pay a tiny fraction of minimum wage for the amount of work involved in answering it and won't even pay that if you don't like the answer. No thanks.

dart_ship likes this.
  9. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I'll give you a nickel if you can convince anybody that you're not an idiot.

10. dart_ship Registered Member

i don't know but it would be neutal.

11. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

One could not possibly know the properties of an object containing every element in the periodic table. It would be only supposition since such a balance has not been achieved by either man nor god.

where is my nickel

12. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Take all elements with a lighter mass than iron and wrap them in an iron shell and take all the elements with a higher mass and place them around the shell.

the complaint box is full.

13. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

It’s a free forum and I’m sure your breaking some kind of rule by asking, but it’s a question I know you can’t answer without experimentation.

14. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

It can't be answered because you won't state it precisely and even if you did state it precisely I was hoping you'd be competent to make some kind of estimate of the amount of time it would take to answer the question but apparently not.

15. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Oh I’m sorry my precision interferes with your infamy and your precious time. It takes me about thirty seconds to answer your (or anyone else’s) posts. When do I get that back.

Perhaps your thoughts would be better off if you just spoke them instead of wanting money, because right now I have nothing to judge your worth by.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  16. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

I did in post #2 and you haven't answered any of my requests for clarification except to say you don't care which is why I said you aren't asking a clear question. I also pointed out there that you were expecting us to consider upwards of 14,000 possible interactions and I do not think that you could do that in thirty seconds. I certainly could not which was why I was suggesting you'd need to pay someone (edit: not me because I already have a job).

17. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Stick with the ones that aren’t isotopes

18. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

Then that isn't all elements assuming you mean stick with ones that don't have multiple naturally occurring isotopes.

What about temperature and pressure? What about radioactive ones especially those with halflifes of seconds or less? What quantities should be added in what order?

19. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

...and you think that'll start fissioning?

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Good one dude.

20. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Is there an organic element excluding its isotopes that is radioactive? Ascending order.

Earth temp vacuume pressure

21. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

An organic element? What are you on about man?

dart_ship likes this.
  22. exchemist Valued Senior Member

He’s quite bonkers. A lot of this is close to word salad. A pity, as there are relics of some knowledge of chemistry in what he writes.

Ssssssss likes this.
  23. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

It would definitively be easier to fission than anything else there are a lot of isotopes above iron. Tho I wouldn’t start out with any

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.