What are the properties?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Beaconator, Aug 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

It wouldn't. Go and look up "critical mass" in the context of fission and then go and see how many elements actually undergo fission and look up the effect of boron on fission since you seem keen on adding that for some reason.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Naturally the half above iron undergo fission and the half below undergo fusion. But you wouldn’t know that. By atomic mass

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

Reference please.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Supernovae. When iron starts transforming into nickel (which someone owes me) the star explodes creating the rest of the elements. Which then slowly fission back to iron or other organic elements.

8. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

So this "box of all the elements" is going to be the size of a friggin' star?

9. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

And connecting this with your other thread it's going to be the size of a star with Earth temperature and 0 pressure and it's going to fuse anyway? And what has this got to do with fission?

10. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

The worlds smallest star perhaps

11. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Well I was informed fusion is a net decrease in energy and fission was a release of it.

12. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

That's still estimated to be about 1.5 times the size of Jupiter off the top of my head. Where are you going to build this exactly?

Edit: Not even close. Apparently minimum star mass is 75 times the mass of Jupiter.

13. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

Who told you that and/or what were you smoking when you were listening? It's confused as hell to the point it's just flat out wrong.

14. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Your slow.

15. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

What is confusing about it? The fact it has never existed before? The fact it may have existed for a brief moment after the BB?

the fact that it could exist in our time is the only confusing thing about it.

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

I was once informed that the World Trade Center was destroyed by US missiles with holographic projectors on the outside to make them look like airplanes.

Ssssssss likes this.
  17. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

And just for scale the red spot on Jupiter is bigger than Earth.
    I didn't say confusing I said confused as in you seem to have a few unrelated facts about fission and fusion agglomerated in a blob that has nothing to do with actual physics.

18. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

Nah the planes were a mass hallucination but in the Twin Towers they accidentally combined two of every element in Beaconator's ark and the nuclear explosion took out the towers.

Makes as much sense as anything Beaconator is saying anyway.

19. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Physics is easy it’s just math imposed on reality.

what we are talking about is nature imposed on chemistry.

you don’t believe supernovae happen when I say they do?

we use the measurement to say how long the star lived because of its iron content. Once iron always iron. That is the truth.

there is nothing that fuses or fisses from iron at any point.

20. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Stfu your no patriot to bring such a bad example to the table. Mocking the unjust!!! I’m done with you

21. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

I don't think that has anything to do with a lump of every kind of element fusing or fissioning or anything else unless you're thinking of a pile 75 times the mass of Jupiter and that isn't heavy enough to supernova for that you need the Chandrasekhar mass which is about 1.44 times the mass of the Sun never mind Jupiter.

22. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

I'm not American so my patriotism or lack thereof is irrelevant to that example. And I'm mocking you and conspiracy theorists not "the unjust" whoever you mean by that.

23. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

So it isn’t a star but a precursor to one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.