What are your thoughts on internet bullying?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wegs, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Maybe I need Trump's doctor.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

The Internet is not what it used to be in the past.

The Internet has become an evil place full of shallowsness, bullying and darkness.

My father also doesn't like what the Internet has become and I believe that I will be a lot happier and healthier if the Internet will be shut down for a couple of years and I believe it will be for the better.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Probably the worse kind.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Nothing is

Always was, just more people using

To simplistic and destroying hundreds of economies for the better?

And restart it at some future date with what? 10 million pages of legal regulations?

I am sure, along with the concept of Iggy, on this site, bullys can be delt with

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Truck Captain Stumpy likes this.
  8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

tricky subject to stay objectively scientific about.
    most adults have psychological triggers or raw spots that are created during teenage years, thus making it extremely hard to find enough well ballanced people to maintain a scientific discussion that does not pander to aspects of Ego-centric lustful motivations.
    hate, revenge, anxiety, depression, sex, co-dependency, fear, guilt, shame, trauma, etc etc.

from what i have observed, half the battle seems to be trying to separate the adults stuck in their teenage egos trying to leverage the subject to simply service their perceptually bruised teenage ego.

meanwhile children are killing themselves.

soo, while the children are killing themselves,
    you have to ask the question
    [not pointing this at you Wegs]

"what are you talking about?"
    children or adult internet trolls trying to swing election results and get click bait ?

you want to mix it all up together to serve your own ego while children kill themselves ?

do you know what a bully is ?
    do you know what an internet troll is ?

do you know the difference between trolling & bullying ?

are children still killing themselves ?

have you solved it yet ?

have you just stopped caring ?

are you looking for the money ?

9. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

great idea for a global debate.

imagine how businesses cant advertise over seas.
    you would be shutting down 85% of all international business.
    how would that effect jobs ?

if you threw away all international trade from medium to small business how many jobs would be lost ?
    what other jobs would be created and where does the money come from to pay for that ?

how would international shipping be effected and what would happen to the cost of international items like petrol(all plastic)
    no satellites no internet no GPS
    no cell phones

no apple company

ideas are really important, along side free thinking, however, practicality needs be applied to working models.

10. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

its a hot topic for sure given the ever increasing expansion of online networks to make up for ever increasing demands on time for children.
    what time does a developing child have to spare on face to face social networking ?

finish school around 4pm
    go to sport or study group.
    get home have dinner
    study for an hour maybe 2
    how much time is left ?

they have to get up about 730am

they need about 8 hours sleep(minimum)

circadian rhythm adaption\confliction loss = 2 hours sleep = need for 10 hours in bed mode(roughly give or take 1 hour)

must be sleeping by about 10pm

finishing 2 hours study after dinner is about 10pm

monday to friday = only sport or study group time for face to face social interaction which is a distraction from social networking

saturday is sport day & day off

sunday is study day and sport day and prep for next week of school

with pushing and shoving you might be able to squeeze in a few hours on saturday night or sunday lunch time

everything else in life pushes or pulls that base structure to leverage more need on less time.
    birthdays, big sports events, life in general(events) etc etc...

are we on the same page ?

11. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Either you are or I'm not. I didn't think internet bullying excluded non-kids?

12. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

you are telling me your bi-polar with borderline mild schizophrenia ?

i have been friends with people for many years with various different similar issues.

instead of re-cycling a negative conflict of your opinion speak/post your opinion on the subject.

13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

What did I say wrong?

I have already posted my opinion.

14. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

you mean this ?

or this ?

or this ?

please link to your post.
    i have skimmed through the thread and there appears to be only this 3 posts.

where ?

what did you deliberately mean to achieve ?
    is that your question ?

i am not throwing you on the troll heap quite yet, & keeping in mind i am very mindful of Tiassas comments.

you do not have to state your opinion, however playing the emotionally injured party to-a-troll-post playing mind games is a very poor way to introduce yourself to a highly involved discussion.
    The sense of attempting to play puppet master with people(more soo in such a highly charged subject with emotional victims and predatory natured content triggers) from a position of direct misleading ignorance is equal to being an abuser ... ?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  15. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Internet Bullying is probably the worse kind(1st post). Days ago. Is that not an opinion?

16. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

17. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I just meant was this thread specific to kids.? I wasn't sure.

18. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i can understand a desire to maintain a distance from being labelled as the convenient whipping child.
    everyone brings in their own issues to all things. such is the way of all things...

understanding bullying is like understanding an animal.
    to be able to say you understand the animal yet have never studied it and see no links or relations to its juvenile development, suggest quite a light view of the subject depth and nature.

if you find yourself hung up on kids Vs not allowed to discus kids then your probably in need to talking through a few things to get a better idea f how you feel about things.

meanwhile victims are reading what i type.
    be those children OR adults.
    likely both.

there is still quite a strong prevalent gender discrimination process in victimization awareness via non victims as a form of attempted psychological control of something they can not control.

in order for you to comprehend that nature of the debate around bullying, adult child teen/tween etc...
    gay straight bi trans non binary A...

you have a bit of reading to do.
    do not let that prevent you from engaging in honest questions about things.

your current content and posts have you sitting right beside a troll
    as i mentioned above.
    i am not throwing you into the troll pile yet.
    but your as close as you can get without having to say anything.

... and just because i respond to your little comment, you think i am not aware of your Egocentric potential disposition to feel power by feeling you are making me respond in such a large way.
    don't fool yourself

19. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

RainbowSingularity:

Sorry if my original response offended you. I simply responded to a question you asked.

20. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

it did not offend me so feel no need to apologise.
    i appreciate your apology

had it offended me i would have likely clearly stated that as a response.

in light of a nature of expressions and meanings, of terms like "many a true word said in jest" also "many words left unsaid" can be suggestive of a meaning that is being suggested by talking around it or being dismissive of it.

the term "gas-lighting" is also of note as it is something that will get you banned almost immediately from any half decent message board/site.

a suggestion ...
    if you wish to be critical about something clearly state your intent/position
    this will inevitably avoid issues like Tiassa has pointed out to you in another thread.
    i believe Tiassa pointed out 2 threads you have started that border on gas-lighting.
    you may wish to put a little more info into the beginning of a comment so people can clearly see your not trying to flame a subject.

21. billvon Valued Senior Member

Hasn't changed much in terms of quality of posts; it's just gotten bigger and you are on it more often.
    It was that way back in the Usenet days.
    Why not just stop using it, then? Why demand that others suffer because of your habits?

Truck Captain Stumpy likes this.
  22. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

It was the replies that made me think that I had offended you somehow.

"gas-lighting" I have never heard of until now. I can assure you I haven't been "gas lighting", if I had bordered on it I'm sure a mod would of messaged me instead of accusing me of acting in such a way on a public forum for all to see, humiliating me?

Why are you getting on my back, and acting like a mod? It is actually a form of Internet bullying. Stalking me and analysing my posts then throwing words around like "banned on any decent board", "gas-lighting" and general negative comments on any post you see of mine. No intent to debate me, just stalking me and responding to me at the first opportunity to attack me for my behaviour or even mental state. What have I done wrong to you?

I know meanings of terms, thank you; and I think you have blown out of proportion my one line response to your question.

Now, I'll say goodbye and avoid your posts in the future, I hope you do the same thing.

23. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

added to ignore list

davewhite04 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.