What are your thoughts on internet bullying?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wegs, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

How's a weaker bullied person going to punish the bully so they won't come back?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. You really aren't missing out apart from bags of trouble

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Who was #1?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

"Sometimes" being the appropriate word. My sexist hat is off even though I was stealthy you know what I mean, if not think harder. One sex is shallower than another, I know which one and no I'm not going to tell you.

8. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Androids mate, start saving. 10 years life like it will be creepy for you to get used of one but a handy on/off switch better be installed. $8-10k

9. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

What are my thoughts on bullying? “Choose kindness, for you never know the battle someone else is fighting.” - unknown

We all make mistakes and say words or post words on occasion that are unkind.

But if that’s your norm, you might want to figure out why.

10. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Maybe.

11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Chemistry is what it is. I don’t consider not having chemistry with someone as bullying. But, pluto may feel that the stigma of being bullied cost him dating opportunities. I believe that attraction is complex...it’s not solely about looks, for me. If a guy is a dick, for example, he could be the hottest guy on the planet...I’ll view him as ugly on the inside.

12. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Pluto's problem clearly isn't being ugly.

wegs and davewhite04 like this.
  13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

You process this for 1 night stands?

14. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I look at relationships forming as needing initial chemistry, first. And that’s usually physical appearance at first. But, then it moves to personality and learning about the other person — and what I’m saying is if a guy is good looking but he lacks class, character, or he’s a bully...it would be a turn off to furthering a relationship.

@ Seattle- your comment above about pluto - do you believe that he is self sabotaging, and it’s not about what he perceives it to be about?

davewhite04 likes this.
  15. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I appreciate honesty. <3

wegs likes this.
  16. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Yes, obviously. It reads like a Mgtow rant reducing it to him not being able to "get laid". It's wrong on many levels.

He says he is "ugly" and that's why he can't get women. Can he not get "ugly" women or do they have to be "pretty" women who are looking for "ugly" guys?

Look around, there are guys with all types of physical appearances who have girlfriends. Some girlfriends are better looking than others but that's not the point (or maybe it is your point).

Given Pluto's attitude, very few women would be be interested regardless of his looks.

Again, look around and find "ugly" guys who are in shape, interesting, nice people, confident and you will find plenty of girlfriends around regardless of how much money they have.

Also look around and note how many people who are more attractive and who are financially secure still may not have a relationship. Plenty of people are single, divorced, more selective than others, or for whatever reason.

Pluto has decided that all problems are due to his looks. That's almost certainly not the case.

billvon and wegs like this.
  17. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Great points, and I really hope that pluto takes it to heart.

That is the thing about these types of situations - you wonder if the person who has this perception of themselves, simply can't see themselves any other way. Granted, he suffered trauma over being bullied as a kid, but it sounds like he has made that his identity. We all have suffered something as kids, and it can be easy to carry it all into adulthood, and use it as a crutch or excuse for the things we find challenging.

18. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Yes, everyone has had to deal with things. It's how you deal with it that matters. I know people in their 40's who are still blaming their father for not pushing them hard enough academically and now they are not happy with their careers. WTF?

The best thing that anyone can do IMO whether it's regarding troubles in life or even sporting challenges (I'll never be as good at skiing, etc. as that person because I'm...too old, not athletic enough, too tall/short...) is to verbalize your "excuse" (Pluto has done that) and then look around and find someone else with your same "excuses" who is doing better than you are.

Pluto may not be able to get young, attractive women as easily as the best looking, richest, most interesting person around but he can do much better than he is currently doing and that should be the standard.

19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

In its early days, this "internets" thing gained the nickname "The Great Equalizer". We realized that the paucity of nonverbal cues led to a unique dynamic, wherein the only thing anyone had to know about you were your thoughts and ideas.

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

Exactly. He's a great example that disproves the idea that a guy has to be physically beautiful to be attractive to women.

Sure, it helps. So does money and wit and success and competence and all that. But those things - money, success, competence etc - are things that a person can change about themselves. If, of course, it's important to them.

I met my current wife on line. We were attracted to each other by our words long before we ever met each other in person. And when we finally did meet she didn't look at all like I expected - but it worked anyway, because there's a lot more to relationships than looks.

21. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Sorry but I'm shallow. I would not share a minute of my personal life with anything other than a stunner. Hence, single.

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

Hey, there are plenty of shallow good looking women out there! To each their own.

23. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Aw, that's a great story, billvon.

Single, because you're choosing to not ask them out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.