What are your thoughts on internet bullying?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wegs, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Yes I can understand your point but please understand mine.
    Science does not threat the word theory as you do.
    As I said say theory as if it means fact.
    You seem like a practical man and I suspect you have no time for what I suggest but that is the way it be.
    Please take the time to brush up on scientific method.
    I hope I have helped.
    Alex

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The God Valued Senior Member

My fixation on you? Thats laughable.
    Admittedly you have no science education...your posts are devoid of any content, mostly they are just placatory type nonsense.

Who cares about your score with girls, your lawyer ship if you have any, your property agent work, your membership on some defunct forum, your alternative proposals till you learnt basics...do not bring them on science sub forum. You can add in your profile page or members area.

PS : I want to know from wegs, what ever I have typed is true for xelasnave, is it bullying?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Death, the reaper, and evil go to naught by nature if your passive, and if you believe you will be safe. That's my solution, but with un-certain material.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I know im laffin... why... its more like you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

dont notice Alex at all... <snickers>.!!!

8. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

I left out the rest of the loooooong lie that was posted above.

Look, wellwisher, you tell lies. You find information or you come up with statements that you would like to think are true and you write them. You know that there is no support for your claims, but you say them anyway. Many of your claims are straight-up racist. Your tendency to lie about science got you booted from the strictly science areas of these forums.

9. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

If my passive what, exactly?

Truck Captain Stumpy likes this.
  10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Is a mosquito a bully?

11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately, I haven't really witnessed first hand, your exchanges with Xelasnave. I wasn't active here when it seems like maybe you both were having these exchanges? But, in this thread, no not bullying, you both seem at odds with one another, from an *innocent* observer's view.

12. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I don't understand that.

13. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Research and development in what exactly?

You use this site more as a personal blog than anything else...

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

They are fragmented nothing.

15. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

You're not trying to make sense.

I asked for clarification; if that makes me particularly dumb in your eyes, so be it.

16. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

paddoboy
    yeah... i know others who also did this.
    i went a different route and got into martial arts (what is now called MMA in the US).

wegs
    glad it's cathartic... it's important to relive highly stressful events in order to insure they're desensitized in your memory.

i never ignored them in the past. i always chose to view them as learning experiences. mostly because i never had a real home and spent my life living in other people's countries during the cold war when people were actively targeting US citizens for violence and or kidnapping, and terrorism.

living through terrorism puts a whole different perspective on what some call "bullying" IMHO. it ceases to be the same overwhelming stressful event and becomes a minor player in life.

mind you, that doesn't mean that i will downplay any bullying or illegal event that should be punished, because that is the last thing i would do. trauma is something that legally has a lot of punitive measures in the US system.

actually this is targeted at anyone reading, not just the quoted person:
    I don't put folk on ignore, but i am willing to ignore certain people... BUT... the problem with ignore is that it also allows the spread of misinformation as well as bullsh*t

here is a very relevant video on how i see posters who intentionally post misinformation or pseudoscience - i like how he puts this

wellwisher

actually its more like:
    you don't conform to the scientific method and refuse to produce evidence equivalent to or superior than the science you argue against while directly violating known validated laws of physics and or known validated repeated scientific information.

it's not like there is a problem with speculation in science... but when you ignore evidence for the sake of a belief it ceases to be science and becomes religion
    and what happens when you directly argue a point that is proven to be false by validated studies that exist?
    like with the electric universe, zephir and his aether crap or the creationist literature?

this is a big point - it ceases to be a situation where your desire for free speech is violated and actively becomes a situation where the person making the false claim is spreading misinformation intentionally, which to some of the uninitiated or those who aren't scientifically literate, this means because of where you post then it certainly must be validated (even though that is nonsensical as science typically follows a format that is vastly different: the scientifically illiterate will assume legitimacy simply because of the forum, moderation and or the site has the word "science" in it, which is why the court blatantly told the "creation science" that they're a religion, not science - see McLean_v._Arkansas or go here, here, here and here)

free speech isn't violated when you have constraints to focus a topic. but if you watch the above video i linked, you will understand that pseudoscience (and conspiracy theory) really isn't a victimless "crime"

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  17. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

He is here isn't he.

It feels so good to know he is shouting and I am not hearing a word...

So very very satisfying that he doesn't exist in my universe.

Alex

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

My thoughts exactly! I have even been advised by mods to put certain others on ignore. And while a good many of reputable posters do have the one or two or three ratbags on ignore, I prefer to show them to the best of my ability, the error of their ways, and show the forum, the stupidity that they indulge in and stoop to. My greatest argument is these idiots are sometimes allowed to post in the sciences, instead of the alternatives or pseudo.

And any misinformation [which afterall is what pseudoscience is] could very well do harm to some. eg: The anti vax nonsense that has been discussed of late.

19. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Its no more that a couple of whimpers so you ant missin much

Xelasnave.1947 and paddoboy like this.
  20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Well said!

21. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Good morning Captain.
    I am reading and so I think you may be trying to warn me.
    I gather the chap I have on ignore is participating in this thread and I gather he still throwing mud but I would like to think people can make up their own mind about me.
    I am open as a book and certainly not perfect if someone does not like me that's OK but I trust most folk can work out "he who is on ignore" has some sort of problem with me that won't have him saying anything nice.
    He is a fool and I hope other folk take that into account when considering his nasty words he will have about me.
    In time he will find someone else to harass.
    Alex

22. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I must say Paddoboy it is my knowing you are there and knowing your stated approach that makes me confident "he who does not exist" will not get away with any nonsence.
    I could take him off ignore and squabble with him but I take no joy in beating him in argument and it becomes most tiresome having him say I am not who I am.
    I don't think he believes stuff he says even and revs me up to get me to bite.
    As I said and you said you are on the case. Thanks for that.
    Alex

paddoboy likes this.
  23. geordief Valued Senior Member

[
    Bit of a damp squid,actually

cluelusshusbund likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.