What can Bush run on?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Undecided, Feb 16, 2004.

1. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i would like to know where he plans on getting the money for these tax cuts. even the republicans are butting heads about bush's irresponsible fiscal spending. the state level republicans are especially opposed to it. let's try for a president who can do math next time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

What can Bush run on?
    Water?

He's probably got a key chain or something that says WWJD, and plans to live by that. Let's just hope he tries to test this whole 'running on water' thing in the ocean, and doesn't continue to test it on the economy.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

liberal bstrds nothing concrete just flingin sht
    that bribe taking weasel kerry is a great substitute too bad he isn't gonna win.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Undecided Banned Banned

And no the tax cuts are definetely better for the long term.

The same was said of the Reagan tax cuts, all major tax cuts eventually lead to tax increases to make up the shortfall, hardly if ever do these actually pay themselves back. Bush sr. had a $300 billion budget deficit, and Clinton got rid of that by decreasing gov't, and increasing taxes. For that the US had its longest and best boom ever. Taxes are not a bad thing if used wisely.

The growing trend in ny is more and more republican. Taxing less means spending less and budgeting less.

By the looks of it, it is the Democrats who are the deficit cutters and republicans are the big spenders.

Sure they might go negative but it wouldnt be as much a negative if they had more money.

The money being sent to the public is a good thing, but it does long term damage. This is only increasing the amount of class difference in the US, where the poor will not be able to afford healthcare (as they do now), and increasing rates for things that should be offered by the public. If you want smaller gov't then you should expect more poverty, more crime, and more malaise. We are condemned to be free- Sartre Freedom is more then you think.

And I m advocating that: Bush does have something to run on in rebuttal of your thread not current trends.

But if you support Bush's economic plans, you have no choice but to accept it's logical outcomes.

8. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

it's not that i don't like conservatives or republicans. many of them are quite brilliant. actually, i despise democrats for other reasons if you want to know. but you haven't even tried putting up a well thought out and intelligible argument in favor of bush while throwing down perfectly valid points based on fact. ad hominem is not an argument. please do try harder. i'm starting to feel bad for the guy as no one can defend him.

kerry has no huevos. i don't favor him as alternative to bush either. if you're going to hint at being anti-war then have the balls to testify at the winter soldier meetings. he also voted in favor of iraq and is against gay marriages. bring me another candidate please.

9. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

Cough cough internet boom by the way depression started under clinton when the buble burst.
    The money being sent to the public is a good thing it cycles through the ecconomy and makes expand and grow.
    Except its logical outcome wow I cant see into the future can you?
    You remember my post about how we cant judge presidents while they are in office only way afterwards it applies there...

sweedish go back a few pages and read all my intelligent posts I m just on the brink of being very angry at this point.

10. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

im waiting to see one of these intelligent posts. you have just been blowing the republican trumpet. they preach one thing and do the opposite. you bought it to it and are even trying to spread this infection of deceit

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

As if "No Child Left Behind" wasn't enough, Bush administration Education Secretary throws gasoline on the fire:
    So y'all thought the peaceniks were full o'shite when they said trade unions woud be labeled as terrorists ....

• King, John. "Paice calls NEA 'terrorist organization." CNN.com, February 23, 2004. See http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/02/23/paige.terrorist.nea/index.html

12. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

The funny thing is that i m the only one that lives in us and votes.

13. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

hahahaaha where did you get that from?

14. Undecided Banned Banned

Eluminate

I think I am the only one here who isn't American...and most likely then not, Swedish Fish. What difference does it make anyways? So what if we don't vote? This is a Globalized world, we influence you as much as you do us.

15. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i'm american and registered to vote since i was 17. just going back a couple of posts, both tiassa and pegasus are american too.
    we shouldn't be surprised that this person made that ridiculous assumption, based on all the other ones he's made in this thread.

16. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

na i just made it based on undicided , also if you flip back a bit i had good arguments its just they got discarded entirely my last outbreak was just being fed up with belittling my views and convictions as outright wrong. I v been to some of the conservative boards where liberals get a much better say and replies to how their views are different. Not this much trashing just cause I see something different then you, all I tried to show was why it was that way I m not trying to convert you into being republican so please dont try to convert me into being a democrat.

17. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

are you telling me not to convert you into a democrat? seriously dude, when did i ever do that? i hate democrats worse than i hate republicans so little chance there. basing something on one person is a great idea by the way. i'm glad you're in the voting pool.

18. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

sweedish it wasn't directed to you , more towards undicided if you notice in previous pages. My posts have some merit there if you ignore the one you think I m acting like a jackss

19. Undecided Banned Banned

I'm not even a democrat...I just don't like Bush, and for good reason as I have shown. Trickle down economics have never worked...