What causes tinnitus that is orthostatic (caused by being upright)?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by petthebirb, Mar 14, 2020.

1. petthebirb Registered Member

''that gets progressively worse the longer a patient is upright. A standard MRI reveals no structural abnormalities of the brain.

Example: patient found their tinnitus was fully alleviated with a fifteen hour session of lying supine. However symptoms returned once the patient assumed the upright position, with symptoms worsening throughout the course of the day. Associated symptoms were a migraine-like headache that was not alleviated with migraine medications and muscle spasms.''

Question for a neurology test.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mathman Valued Senior Member

Inner ear fluid problem? An MRI couldn't tell.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Acitnoids Registered Senior Member

I have tinnitus. There is no known cure but you can prevent tinnitus. Wear hearing protection if you work in loud environments.

Head injury can cause tinnitus too.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Acitnoids Registered Senior Member

It sucks heh

8. Acitnoids Registered Senior Member

My tinnitus is a high pitch sound. I found that if I plug my ears I can still hear the high pitch. However, it will dim when I unplug my ears .... not always but sticking my fingers in my ears seem to help.

A sudden burst of sound has no cure and has brought me to my knees sense childhood. The persistent background humm I can handle by plugging my ears with my fingers for a minute or two. The hum never goes away but it helps.

9. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Are you channelling Nigel Molesworth?