Absolutely Nothing: Atheists on What They Know About What They Pretend to Discuss

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Tiassa, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Who is "they"? Link please.

Beer w/Straw likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Hope you are well , Alex . Where this " fuck-off " stuff came from ....who knows .

My utterance ?

Alex you are in way over head .

This not about ego , for me . It never has been .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I did not take it personal, indeed the vision it produced was rather funny.
    I know too brief...your profound words tailored to make us think.
    That's what I said. I only have science to view the world...you must know how limiting that must be.
    I can only bow to your supreme wisdom.

You don't think, say with Jan, his ego prevents him from accepting the science, fossils records and research of many scientists that indicate he is plainly wrong supporting the ID model, ... rather the scientific model put forward by the leading scientists employed in research in the field of refining the hypothesis of inteligent design...I know I treat them badly because they are still half way thru with their hypothisis and its no where near a scientific tbeory..yet..but it just seems so new to me..I mean the prospect of a designer is so ahead of these times people will be sceptical.

But I respectfully submit Jans ego is what it is all about...and no doubt the ego of others that just cringe when they are met in a discussion with bullshit...
    Alex

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Alex and if your wrong , then what ?

8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

There are many things I think about river and I must guess at what specifically you mean.

It is hard to be wrong stating that any human response, action or motivation is not governed by ego...as one of our famous bands titles a song..ego is not a dirty word...it merely relates to how a human may be motivated. Judgement is un necessary. Judgement attaches to superstition and we both know superstition is nonsense.

I think it is quiet clear what motivates Jan..and me for that matter..you I am not sure...and I mean no disrespect it's just I am never sure of what you mean and that excludes all speculation as to where your ego is taking you...you try to be mysterious and you to a limited degree pull that off...now how your ego figures in that could be your want to remain anonymous or your wish to appear wise..I don't know.

The big question is could I be wrong in taking a position of being neither an atheist or a theist...well how could I be wrong on such a simple matter.

No hypothesis has been presented for a creator so there is no need to decide if you are on one side or the other..it is just a non event.

Alex

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

That's poetic....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. river

Lets just get on with the discussion .

About Evolution .

11. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Yes indeed.

But what is left to discuss?

Billvon has outlined the case for the credibility of The Theory of Evolution such that there is little to discuss, in so far as he has established beyond doubt the theory has been tested and supported such that no one examining the proposition could reject one single thing.

Anything in addition can only come from you river as Jan just will not be able to move about for some time due to his severe crushing...I am concerned for him as now he must confront the ego destroying reality that he has been conned..I can not imagine how one could cope with such a realisation.

All those years believing the indoctrination but now faced with the reality that he is a poor sad victim robbed of his dignity and presumably a substantial amount of cash...we need to be supportive...when he comes back he will be angry I suspect lashing out at others who are not responsible but as they are there..to help..they will get the brunt of his anger..we need to be gentle and careing and accept that with his pain he will not be entirely rational.

We must resist the urge to say "I told you so" ... he now knows better than us that he has been dupped in a cruel and evil way.

At least he is with friends that will help him survive this most terrible time.

Alex

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Just put “dinosaur soft tissue found”.

13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

There is no discussion with these guys.
    Either they are deluded, or they are being paid to spit these lyrics.
    You may as well just have some fun, and see how many ways you can let them witness their delusion, then watch how they try to get out of it, by any means necessary. Watch as they carry on as though it never existed. It’s amazing!
    One day this mindset will be in power. A very chilling thought? I know.
    These guys represent the entropy of the mind.
    Watch any futuristic movie where freedoms of minds are suppressed?
    Then you get an idea of what is to come.

14. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I knew you would come back damaged but you are clearly broken.

At least I know I had nothing to do with it.

I told you Paddo would eat you up.
    Nah..you don't fool me Jan..you are pulling the old wounded bird thing..you are arnt you?

Alex

15. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

That remains to be seen Alex.
    I’m still waiting for your reply.

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

We all know about his finches and stuff.
    But they all remained birds.
    We’re talking about the main attraction.
    Dogs into whales!
    How do you know that is a fact?
    No pictures.
    No site links.
    Just explain how you know it is sci-fact as opposed to sci-fi.
    Let’s keep it simple.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

How do you know that?
    How do you observe one type of animal evolve into a completely different type of animal?
    That’s all we want to know.
    I can see the logic in “microevolution”.
    But “macroevolution” not only seems cuckoo, but has certain characteristics of cuckoos. Namely replacing a known fact, with a poor philosophy.
    Then trying to pass it off as if it is the same fact.
    What amazing denial!
    Wow!

I had to show this conversation to some people, to show the level of denial in current explicit atheists. They couldn’t believe it.
    So just to clarify once more.
    You have observed one type of animal evolve into a completely different type of animal?

At this stage of your delusion, I imagine you’re incapable of distinguishing truth from falsehood.
    In what way?
    We really don’t need dinosaur soft tissue dated at 40000 years old, to show that darwinism could well be false. We don’t even need the cambrian explosion, or the many out of place fossils.
    That fact is, it cannot be observed, and it isn’t the best explanation for the evidence.
    No it’s not.
    You just need to digress, so you don’t have to answer questions that reveal your delusion.
    Your belligerence sounds like a cry for help.
    Blah! Blah!
    Are you going to comply with my request or not?

18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I knew it...you are certainly confused...I guess you don't remember...think back.

We were talking about the video and starting a discussion and I asked you what you thought of the sedimentary layers...

Do you remember the video at all?

Do you remember the sedimentary layers that we were about to discuss?
    You no doubt need more time to recover.
    Take it easy.
    Alex

19. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Specifically covered in the video.
    Alex

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

They all remained mammals.
    Simple.

We have fossils of Pakicetus. We know they existed. We have their fossils. They looked a little like dogs.

We have fossils of Ambulocetus. We know they existed. We have their fossils. They looked a lot like Pakicetus with minor changes. In your words, "adaptation not evolution."

We have fossils of Kutchicetus. We know they existed. We have their fossils. They looked a lot like Ambulocetus with minor changes. In your words, "adaptation not evolution."

We have fossils of Rodhocetus. We know they existed. We have their fossils. They looked a lot like Kutchicetus with minor changes. In your words, "adaptation not evolution."

We have fossils of Dorudon. We know they existed. We have their fossils. They looked a lot like Rodhocetus with minor changes. In your words, "adaptation not evolution."

We have examples of Odontocetus. You can see them in the ocean; Orcas are an example. They looked a lot like Dorudon with minor changes. In your words, "adaptation not evolution."

Six steps, all identified and dated with fossils, all a lot like the previous step. But by the time you get to step six, it looks nothing at all like step one. You have gone from a small land animal to a whale.

Now ready? One, two, three - DENY!

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Hi Alex, must take you to task on a small issue. You havn't known or been crossing swords with river to often, but the sad facts are that your subtle wit and facetiousness will almost certainty go way over his head! Sadly he just aint programmed correctly to understand or to recognise the deeper meanings of your words.

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I shall.
    Thanks

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

They remained birds.
    With a little help from Gingrich.

But thanks for admitting it cannot be observed.
    It is all imagination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.