Absolutely Nothing: Atheists on What They Know About What They Pretend to Discuss

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Tiassa, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

It's often been said a picture conveys a thousand words...
    I would put to Jan, which picture below conveys the most logical sense.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

or....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

It is so good to read something sensible Paddo. Thanks again.

In the same way that I dislike the words atheist and theist, which treat fantasy as something that needs qualification, I also dislike the word faith.

The use of the word should be limited to those who are content with believing simply because their dogma dictates that they do.

I see the word confidence as more appropriate.

I don't have faith that the Theory of Evolution is right but I am certainly confident that it is correct.

And I guess what has dawned on me is these sneaky creationists and IDers, which I single out from those who have a more rational approach to their religion of choice in so far as creationists and IDers are fanatical fundamentalists, use many subtle ploys to seem reasonable and legitimate....so we find ourselves using words like atheist and faith and no doubt other words and phrases that they have introduced that in some way has us talking in their language.

They have corrupted the word design for me and I am looking for an alternative, even the word intelligent now needs replacement.

I am not happy today as I have been reading of the selfish behaviour of Christians in the USA who insist on not recognising that the virus needs to be contained by minimising contact between people, in fact in some cases you have pastors encouraging folk to shake hands and embrace in rebelious defiance to those who are trying to save lives.

They sprout that the Lord will protect them without for a moment wondering why the Lord has sat on his hands and allowed the deaths, loss of jobs, bankruptcies etc... no doubt they must all think similar to that rat bag I reported upon who happily proclaimed that folk who die deserved it.

I reluctantly support freedom religion but the terrible behaviour of some of these rat bags means they ignore the most fundamental qualification of the right to freedom...which is... your freedom is a right so long as your exercise of your freedom does not harm another.

Moreover it's like an us and them thing...they seem to believe they will be saved but the rest of humanity that do not belong to their cult deserve to die...and not only die but deserve to burn in hell forever.

These cultists are evil. See how their words slip in...let me say..they are scum bags of the highest order.

This Easter in USA may see the usual gathering with pastors saying that no one is going to tell them what to do and the community at large can go F themselves.

If there is a hell I don't think the likes of you or me will gain entry as the place may well be overcrowded with evil cult members.

There are just so many turds in the pool I can not understand why any decent and rational person could go there.

Many Govenors have bowed to pressure to make church gatherings an exception.

Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

No.
    I’m not really interested in pictures, other folks asserting it is a scientific fact. I don’t regard those as explanations, and they don’t address the question. They seem to evade the question. Funnily enough.
    Why would I ask if fossilisation was a fact?
    I know.
    So why do you personally accept it as a scientific fact?
    Do you believe it is a fact
    Or do you know it’s a fact.
    If the latter, please why how you know.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You are averse to science.
    You only hide behind.
    As I’ve told you a few times.
    You are a fraud.
    Stop acting like you’re dealing with science.
    All I want know is why you accept darwinism as a scientific fact. No pictures, no third party assertions. It’s that simple.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  8. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You dislike them because they imply God.
    And you hate God so much, you pretend he doesn’t exist.
    I don’t believe you.
    You like it because it implies there isn’t a need for God. And you hate God so much, you pretend He doesn’t exist.
    You hate the design and creationist movements because they imply God. And you hate God so much, you pretend He does not exist.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with the topic we are discussing, or the the thread.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

If Hell did exist Jan, you would be its first and foremost occupant for your dishonesty, pretentiousness, and stupidity.
    That's all that needs to be said.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No problems. I believe we can and should all rest easy now. Jan obviously like has his fingers in his ears, poking out his tongue like a proverbial naughty 3 year old.

He is a lost cause, who will in the course of time, have his atoms discarded and mingled with the star dust from whence he came. The best the rest of us can wish for, is that our own atomic remains are separate from that mingling.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No Jan, people here are not evading the question, they are answering it for you. I can only assume you're evading answering my question.

It's exactly like other theories, one takes the time to understand the premises and postulates of the theory, then looking at the evidence to see how well it fits the theory. This theory has spanned across a number of scientific disciplines where the evidence from those disciplines also fits the theory. The fact that over 150 years has passed and a mountain of evidence has been unearthed, all of it fitting the theory. This is why its now considered a fact, and I very much agree with it.

You are no different, you too can take the time to understand it and look at the evidence, that is, if you actually want to learn something. If you don't, then it seems rather pointless of you to go around dismissing it as nonsense. What could you possibly gain by that? Why would you want to remain willfully ignorant of this theory?

12. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You don't get it Jan.
    One can't hate something that has not been shown to exist.
    Besides I don't hate anything really.
    I don't hate creationists or ID folk.
    I just want them to get the help they clearly need to make them well and see them freed from the multitude of cults they have formed due to the ambiguity of their scriptures.
    If you want to describe my emotion I think pity is the best word I can select.
    Pity I thought you would join in and condemn these cults who endanger their communities and place themselves above the well being of other humans.

Do you think if there was a god that he would design a nasty little virus that is causing death and misery.
    I know I know you can't comment because you don't want to stray off topic.

Will you be attending services over Easter Jan? I am sure if you just posted them your cash god would be ok with that...

Alex

13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Lost cause for sure sadly.
    This propensity to be evasive, to reject evidence and to be, well I have to say it, somewhat dishonest points to Jan having nothing of substance to offer which must be pitied.
    However your star dust reference has me thinking that Jan can only reject supernova. There is no way he can fit super nova into his creation approach just as there is no way he can accommodate the various mass extinctions.
    You notice no comment on my little video that absolutely proves evolution and that we can trace our evolution back to a specific fish...that the thing when we get specific all you get is sidestepping...now to go with out fingers in the ears photo perhaps some photos of crabs...fighting out of the grey corner...Jan, The Crab, Ardena 150 fights 160 losses and no draws...and out of the true corner Charles, the fittest, Darwin so many wins they can't be counted, loses not ever close, draws full of fossil evidence in support.

So no super nova yet here we are.
    Back to the fight..oops it's all over Jan The Crab Ardena crushed again under a mountain of evidence and supporting science.

No super nova this unfortunately will end Jan's career.

Alex

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Pictures and text are the only things you can receive on your computer. You have therefore described how you will deny all science, by claiming it's all just pictures and text. Congratulations; you have found an excuse to remain as ignorant as you desire.
    ?? You wouldn't. You care exactly zero about science, so you would not ask to know about anything having to do with science. (Other than to troll, of course.)
    We know it's a fact because we understand the science. You do not know it's a fact because you do not understand the science. Very simple.

15. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

That doesn’t address the question.
    You could just be interpreting the evidence to suit your ideas. Which is what it seems.
    This is why I want to know how you personally know it is a scientific fact.
    Over the last 150 years, science has greatly advanced, especially in the area of biology.
    If there was ever a time where an individual could pinpoint what it is that makes darwinism a scientific fact, it is now.
    So can you be more specific.
    This has nothing to do with anything. There are folks who understand it less than me, but because they accept it, their lack of understanding does not come into question.
    I’m not ignorant of it, but I understand why you need to keep throwing that in. It is an evasion tactic. A way to avoid answering the question I put to you,

If you only accept, or even believe darwinism, you should just say so, rather than dragging it out. You look silly, because you’re saying it is a scientific fact, but you can’t give any instance of it being one.

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I get it very well Alex.
    You have convinced yourself there is no God.
    But that does not mean God does not exist.
    You have convinced yourself darwinism as a a scientific fact because it backs up your idea that God does not exist.
    You don’t pity them. That is something you tell yourself to uphold your idea that God does not exist. That much is obvious.
    Maybe you could star a new thread, seeing as that is an entirely different topic.
    So I’ll ask again.
    What is it that makes you personally accept darwinism as a scientific fact?
    Without the need for pictures or third party assertions that it is a sci fact.

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You know it’s a fact because you understand the science.

Thank you for participating.
    That’s all I wanted to know.

Let’s see if Q, Alex, and Paddoboy, can give their reasons why darwinism is a scientific fact.

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I commented on another “little video”, and I’m still waiting for a response.
    ... versus Xelo “the jello” Snave.

19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I'd go with

Science with religion is crippled, religion with science is neither

20. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Dup

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What kind of evidence are you looking for? Do you have something in mind that would convince you if it was provided?

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I’m asking you.

23. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

If it is Jan looking I would go with
    • a full (at least two hour) YouTube video
    • with he himself present during the filming and
    • David Attenborough present to give explanation (David is as close to God we can provide on Earth)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.