What does God want?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by James R, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Its always quaint when the toys within the most provincial sectors of toy factory talk about "the big picture".

I mean if you start relegating the universe to some cheap facsimile of the "big stuff" (drawing a parallel to orchestrating its operation to a toy workshop), you have already relegated the real estate of your soap box behind quite a large 8-ball when you start to talk on such matters.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

He's doing that right now? Where?

Also, do you reckon he wants to do anything with human beings?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Planets are forming all the time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Yes. So is that how God spends most of his time, then? Nudging planetary formation along?

I don't recall any of that in the holy texts.

8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

He's a manager, probably union, so not much to do.

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I've answered both of your questions.

Jan.

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You think it is quaint and so do I.

I see the theist as mere toys speculating upon who built the factory and even speculating upon his family and how said factory owner caused his Son suffering to overcome the problems those toys apparently created by ignoring some rule the factory owner had in place.

What a bat shit crazy story the theist toys tell.

The made up fantasy is so very tiresome and yet it is the only story a theist toy has read... failing to look to other works that show their story is not even a good story or relevant to anything other than the fantacy that it is.

Certainly the toys know nothing yet as toys do speculate about factory owners.

They actually have never seen a factory owner and it seems they may have even invented his Son selecting some living person from times that prohibit investigation.

But wait.. for humans there is no factory or evidence that a factory owner is real yet they continue to speculate that there is one who talks to the toys on occassion.

Dont you love fantasy..I guess many love fantasy given the number of theists determined to create and promote fantasy.

There is no Santa, there is no easter bunny, and perhaps there is no God... unless he can be evidenced by more than the wishful thinking of toys and men..
    Alex

sideshowbob likes this.
  11. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I'm not talking about any big picture.

I'm not. I'm saying that IF a god exists, there's no reason to think he's not just an alien life-form, a biological, playing with the same building blocks and laws of nature as we are.

12. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

The universe, the context of the universe and God seem pretty big.

You mean like, aside from scriptural references explaining how the building blocks and laws of nature exist in a relationship of contingency with God, I assume?

13. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I'm not talking about the universe. I'm talking about your god playing with his toys.

Feel free to quote those verses. Also feel free to explain why something some goober wrote thousands of years ago should be taken seriously.

14. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Ask why do we even stop for a moment to consider if there is a God.

There is only one reason we stop to ask...we only become interested because we encounter some fool posting about God..the posts never start with any proof of God or evidence of God, which tells the story right there..no proof ..please shut up and go away...no proof it is a delusion..please shut up and go away...all the talk and waffle may insulate your delusion from reality but you demonstrate only stupidity to a rational human.
    The theist comes here and discusses God as if it was real and we get sucked into their foolish delusion.
    The only way they can maintain God is fanciful chat about this or that attribute and we get sucked in chatting about features of a non existent madd up character.
    Theists....
    Your intelect is minimal and not able to construct a moral platform without reference to bronze age instruction..from a good book which we could call "How to be immoral armed with bronze age instruction".. .does such reliance on bronze age instruction not indicate just how wacked your thinking can be...there is no God and no matter how hard you wish the fact remains that there is no God..but dont let me destroy your fantasy find some hint of God in your made up book and armed with that go suck your thumb and rub your blanket you delussional bing bats.

Stop pretending ...be honest be real...have the gutz to face reality without inventing an invisable impotent friend who will fry you for eternity if you dont suck up...your stupidity is painful.

But please if you are a theist dont take this personaly your stupidity is not entirely your fault but to continue the fantasy will be your fault.
    There is no evidence of God because there is no God is that so difficult to understand.
    Alex

15. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Well then you are either not talking about God or you are not talking about His toys.

Well if you are not prepared to discuss God according to scriptural definitions, its probably best if you just listen to looped triumphant kazoo music rather than make the pretense of engaging in discussion on these topics.

If you are not prepared to discuss God, even as a theoretical subject for the sake of argument, it's not clear why one would bother to even put in a token appearance in a thread like this.

16. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I am. I said so. I await your quotes.

But of course those quotes are susceptible to comparison with reality.

17. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

And yet you say ...

18. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Yes, I need to hear your quotes before I can compare them to reality. Roll 'em out.

19. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Sigh.

If you are not prepared to discuss God, even as a theoretical subject for the sake of argument, it's not clear why one would bother to even put in a token appearance in a thread like this.

Just go back to the kazoo music.

20. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I am. Do you understand what theoretical means? If you're discounting any connection to reality, then you're talking about speculation, not theory.

21. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Trust me.
    You really want the kazoo music.

22. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

No.

That's why I don't trust you. You're nothing but a troll.

23. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

My apologies.