What has god done for you

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by fishtail, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Care to elaborate on that ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

with each new reincarnation the soul changes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That is not evolution.

Evolution defined:

"Biological (or organic) evolution is change in the properties of populations of organisms or groups of such populations, over the course of generations. The development, or ontogeny, of an individual organism is not considered evolution: individual organisms do not evolve. The changes in populations that are considered evolutionary are those that are ‘heritable' via the genetic material from one generation to the next. Biological evolution may be slight or substantial; it embraces everything from slight changes in the proportions of different forms of a gene within a population, such as the alleles that determine the different human blood types, to the alterations that led from the earliest organisms to dinosaurs, bees, snapdragons, and humans."
    Douglas J. Futuyma (1998) Evolutionary Biology 3rd ed., Sinauer Associates Inc. Sunderland MA p.4

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

It's all about perspective. The African that drinks this water and then dies because of it is unlikely to look upon it as 'magic'. You can only do so because man, because science, has given you the ability to have a constant supply of fresh clean water.

It certainly is imbecilic.

Why do I get the feeling this will be a long debate?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yes, yes.. and disobeying allah is imbecillic, as is disobeying vishnu, or disobeying ra, or disobeying odin.

This is where you shout "They're wrong, I'm right, ignore them, believe every word I say!"

Ok.

8. Celpha Fiael within reason, I am superman Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If you lack belief in a belief, what part of the belief or lack of it becomes a fact?

10. Celpha Fiael within reason, I am superman Registered Senior Member

Hey by that spirit, what's the harm in me murdering someone? Or justifying my doing so by a similar karmic line of reasoning? Hey, they'll just reappear like in a fictitious video game.

11. LiveInFaith Registered Senior Member

could possibly be,
    or god MAY just didn't let one soul to live in that baby body,
    or god MAY want to test the parents,
    or god MAY be holding the parents hopes,
    or .....

who am I to know ?
    everything is hers... she has her own plan, she gives and she takes... she gives springs and she draws souls...

she, the god, the mother nature, whoever.... all powerful, all merciful, all cruel... feel free to label her.

baby born lives for successfully breathing, baby born dead of failing to breathe.... all is by her.

12. draqon Banned Banned

a fact is: you lack to believe in something
    a fact is: your lack in a belief of that something means you have your own belief
    a fact is: it is a fact from a beginning...whether you believe in something or not...does not change that fact

and don't play with words.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So if I say I believe a star is green and you say I don't believe you, does that mean that the star is not green if you have no way to show that it is or is not? Or does that mean that you don't believe what I believe because you have not seen the star? So is your lack of belief in the green star a fact or a belief?

14. draqon Banned Banned

A fact is: star is of unknown color
    A fact is: I dont believe your statement that star is green
    A fact is: My lack of belief is not that the star is green or not ... my lack of belief is in your statement that it is of any specific color or that it exists

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What is this lack of belief based on?

16. draqon Banned Banned

based on the fact that I have not seen this star myself.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So it is based on ignorance?

18. Celpha Fiael within reason, I am superman Registered Senior Member

This is an extremely poorly worded sentence, seemingly constructed in this way only to attempt to be insidious. I would give it a "D" for composition and clarity From what I can muster from this choppy question is that you are going towards this point (in the superfluously lengthy and overly drawn-out fashion I've noticed you like to do): While you can't prove your beliefs, I can't disprove your beliefs. While that is a valid point, it doesn't attest as a favorable trait of your beliefs, it in fact does the opposite. A claim that is unfalsifiable is to the same extend unreliable.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That would mean everybody is ignorant.

20. draqon Banned Banned

no, based on disbelief.

Humans lie and some are not sane, so they lie in the end.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What if, instead of a green star, it was a black swan?

22. draqon Banned Banned

well that would mean same thing to me.

I never trusted in your statement to the point that I did not trust existence of the star/black swan in the first place.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Unreliable = false?