What has god done for you

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by fishtail, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, I somewhat agree. But then one would have to explain one's concept of God before asking questions about it. It's not really a workable situation..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tht1Gy! Life, The universe, and e... Registered Senior Member

Could you re-phrase that, please?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

God has bought kefir and a sandwich for me yesturday...when I found 10$ bill lying in the middle of a parking lot.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tht1Gy! Life, The universe, and e... Registered Senior Member

Fuckin' A! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Was it one of them fruit kefirs. Them's good!:m:

8. draqon Banned Banned

you drink that tooooooooooooo? yay!!! finally I found someone who is also a kefir lover. No...actually I drink non-fat unflavored kefir...

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Discussions about God become rather useless without a commonly agreed upon concept of God. Which seems to be the case here and in most other threads about God.

10. lightgigantic Banned Banned

indeed - the religion thread is perhaps unique in that many discussions "progress" onto issues of practice and conclusion while bypassing theory

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yep, most of those threads end in name-calling, fighting and consequentially closing of the thread. And I believe it's all down to misunderstanding of each others concepts of God.

12. Tht1Gy! Life, The universe, and e... Registered Senior Member

Well, I've tried to do just that; start such discussions. No takers. Or it quickly turns into "Jesus this" and "Jehovah that".
    Fuck those two. There is a lot more to faith and spirituallty than Christanity, no matter what they say.
    Even the Atheists, and their "Our Lady of the Scientific Method", go on about those two.
    Plus they refuse to see their position as one of faith!
    Not one dictionary supports "soft atheism" or whatever it called.

If I propose a position based on the definition of a word, and every dictionary in which I look the word up gives a definition other than mine, and they are ALL consistent with each other, tell me, is it sane or rational to continue to assert that the dictionaries are wrong.

(I know it's a tangent, but...)

Ps, Trying a new browser, can't find spell check.

13. Devildriver_rocks Registered Member

Celpha Fiael your god created nothing your god gave us nothing evolution created us evolution gave us things prove to me how the bible's idea on god works god is just a figment of peoples imagination god doesn't work when you pray your prayers fall on deaf ears when a person asks god to make a family member with a malignant tumor any kind of disease to fix it he never does because god doesn't exist god does nothing for this world except start wars, kill people and divide people based on stupid beliefs

14. Devildriver_rocks Registered Member

Tht1Gy! do you mean agnosticsm because that is sort of like a softer version of atheism and no atheism isn't just about the catholic, jewish, and islam god its about any god in general its about proving that existance will never be proven no matter what religion offers up as a theory we don't no why this world was created we don't no if there is other life in this universe or in other universes it is impossible to say that a god created it because no one will ever know the most logical way of going about it is thinking that no such deity has or ever will exist because if they do something would have had to create them thats why evolution and the big bang work so well as theories

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What has god done for me?

Simple, he created hell on earth.