what if God could be proven?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by NMSquirrel, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

so you think that anything that is spiritual is magic?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. earth Registered Senior Member

Yes I do. Magic is not science. And magic has its origins in the supernatural.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i have a problem with the term supernatural too. lol. everything is natural, regardless of whether scientists have studied it or figured it out yet. you know?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. earth Registered Senior Member

Science studies and confirms the laws of nature. I have to disagree with "everything is natural". Of course our disagreeing is natural.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Supernatural definition:
    –adjective
    1. of, pertaining to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.
    2. of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or attributed to God or a deity.
    3. of a superlative degree; preternatural: a missile of supernatural speed.
    4. of, pertaining to, or attributed to ghosts, goblins, or other unearthly beings; eerie; occult.

–noun
    5. a being, place, object, occurrence, etc., considered as supernatural or of supernatural origin; that which is supernatural, or outside the natural order.
    6. behavior supposedly caused by the intervention of supernatural beings.
    7. direct influence or action of a deity on earthly affairs.
    8. the supernatural, a. supernatural beings, behavior, and occurrences collectively.
    b. supernatural forces and the supernatural plane of existence: a deep fear of the supernatural.

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i think that the spiritual realm is a huge part of nature, it's just not physical. it probably even has physical properties, like energy, that just aren't measured by scientists, or studied by them, because they wouldn't want to give up ownership.

9. earth Registered Senior Member

Understood and science overlooking the physical aspects of the spiritual realm is a possibility however unlikely. Science has to have something to observe and if there is actual energy involved then science will detect it eventually.

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

if they stand to make money off of it, and it doesn't piss off the government.

11. earth Registered Senior Member

A strange thing I notice while watching ghost hunters is when it seems a spiritual manifestation is about to happen the effect is a temperature drop in the area. This is a removal of energy not an addition and to me unexplainable.

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i've experienced that. 84 degrees in my house, standing on the heat vent with a blanket around me...having a conversation with a "ghost". he was funny.

13. earth Registered Senior Member

Maybe where ghosts dwell its cold on the other side lacking any energy.

14. Yosef Registered Senior Member

It's sad to see how reductionist you are... Everything needs to be minimized and discounted.

It's wonderful to be human. Every way we look at ourselves & universe, there must be something really big behind all of this. The feeling of communion & connection to something bigger than ourselves. A thing that can be experienced when having a nice conversation with a firend or upon seeing how wonderfully a group of dolphins swim and jump out of water together.

Why not living a fuller life with God in the center of our hearts?!

It's great feeling.

My mind & my heart point securely to Him.

15. baftan ******* Valued Senior Member

Let's assume that this logic is correct: There must be something behind of everything.

Again, logically, we should apply this sentence to anything. In this case, who is behind the internet? Who created this complex and working mechanism? Who is behind internet, who created it, who knows everything about it and who runs it?

And if you answer this question with "there is another creator behind the creator(s) of internet", you must already know the usual follow-up question: Who is behind him/her/them? If you go for "God", "Allah" or a similar thing as an answer, how can you expect people not to ask "what is behind it, then"? Where can you stop this question and why do you stop at this particular point (God, Allah, etc.) and not go further? Moreover, how can we be sure that we would find the ultimate answer, what does guarantee that it is the ultimate, end point, the final creator and "definitely there is nothing beyond or behind the power source" you offer?

How can you be so sure? In another way of saying, what makes you be convinced that there is no further, upper, or "really bigger" creator than yours? What do you need for being sure? Belief, inner voice, mental satisfaction, the virtue of "knowing where to stop" asking questions, which one(s)?

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It's even sadder to see that you too have missed the point.

Blah blah. None of which is in dispute.

God is an assumption.

17. Yosef Registered Senior Member

Assuming that God himself has an origin will lead us to an indefinite chain of creators. This does not help us arrive at an answer at all.

All the knowledge that exist in science, creation & self, along with God's words all point to: (a) His existence (b) His indefinite nature (c) His unlimited intelligence.

Belief can be based on knowledge and can lead to knowledge. All scientific knowledge is also based on certain beliefs.

God is true... Seeing all that around me through His words (Scripture) makes a lot of sense. It's like my mind, body and spirit all telling me ""He is true". They all respond on calm way to the truths about Him.

"Verily, in the creation of the Heavens and of the Earth, and in the succession of the night and of the day, are signs for men of understanding heart;" "Who standing, and sitting, and reclining, bear God in mind, and muse on the creation of the Heavens and of the Earth. "O our Lord!" say they, "thou hast not created this in vain. No. Glory be to Thee! Keep us, then, from the torment of the fire." The Quran - Family of Al Imran 3:190-191​

إِنَّ فِى خَلْقِ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ وَٱخْتِلَٰفِ ٱلَّيْلِ وَٱلنَّهَارِ لَءَايَٰتٍۢ لِّأُو۟لِى ٱلْأَلْبَٰبِ ٱلَّذِينَ يَذْكُرُونَ ٱللَّهَ قِيَٰمًۭا وَقُعُودًۭا وَعَلَىٰ جُنُوبِهِمْ وَيَتَفَكَّرُونَ فِى خَلْقِ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَٰذَا بَٰطِلًۭا سُبْحَٰنَكَ فَقِنَا عَذَابَ ٱلنَّارِ

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't know. he definitely had a lot of energy though...came through loud and clear, and i knew where he was without seeing him or hearing with my ears. why don't scientists study stuff like that? maybe they're just not around when stuff like that happens.

19. rspmorse Registered Member

My dear Dywyddyr,

you are so lucky living in your own world without belief in spirits and witchcraft and other "spirits" that you claim does not exists,....

hehehehe,.....better pray you stay that way,...out of the woods,.... probably if some twisted witch or evil spirit worshipper knew you,. or some voodoo whodoo freako decided to show you how its like,. how its done,....
    my guess is,.you'll be calling all the GODs you can think of,..even those GODs you beleive "dont exists,..." hehehe,........

if you got money,...try visiting thailand sometime,. and just for fun,...kick those small wooden houses on the street, with fruits and candles on top of it,...dont worry,. police wont arrest you,.. just for fun anyway,. hehe,....

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Lucky?
    Nope, luck has nothing to do with the disbelief of nonsense.
    It's not my world, it's the real world.

Wrong.
    I've met such people (i.e. deluded idiots) and they're no problem.

Is there a point to your inane drivel?

21. earth Registered Senior Member

Get a witch to brew up a love potion. Sell the potion as a promotion for your notion....hehe........

edit/add: The Searchers - Love potion number 9

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  22. BlueRidge Registered Senior Member

If it wasn't mentioned yet(and I'm not sifting through 18 pages). Intelligent design and DNA, might very well be the hand of God.

2nd: God has no intention of dealing with disbelief. He could care less. You have to really read the scriptures to understand that He has no universal love for all men just becuase they exist. That being the case, He doesn't reveal himself to those who shunned, cursed, and denied him. Unless..

I've met a number of former atheist who go their big wake up.

Is God unimaginable? Well maybe to some. But those who survived NDE will tell you they either took their first step into the river of life, or they got dropped in a hot spot.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Not quite. Intelligent Design is the fantasy of people who want it to be true but lack the evidence.

Yeah, drugs will do that to you...