What if we solve the universe?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Unconcept, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unconcept Registered Senior Member

I've thought about this, if I the universe was formed of fundamental indivisible matter and energy, and fundamental laws, then the universe would be solved by knowing what all possible arrangements of matter and energy in the space would result into, but since we're made of matter ourselves, someone outside the universe would need to control us to freely distribute the matter that makes us.

It's kinda like if the universe's space was a static 3x3 square, the fundamental pieces were 1->9, the fundamental law of the universe is that each different arrangement of the pieces in the square would have a different state or something. We would know everything about the universe by testing all possible 9! arrangements.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. twr Registered Senior Member

This is the same reason we can't predict the future with computation; even if we could construct computers that operated on a purely atomic level, there are still too many variables about each individual atom in the universe to store in memory. We would literally run out of material to construct such a computer before it was even capable of "solving" the universe.

There is simply too much information to be learned (or "solved") with the amount of matter we have within the universe. This doesn't necessarily mean it would be impossible to solve in theory, but that in practice there are too many variables.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kumar Registered Senior Member

We may solve the God or will become God like.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

No no no no!

Your all mystical believers in change. Once you solve the universe you have to build it for it to work. You can't just draw up the universe on a piece
    Of paper an expect it to have magical futuristic powers, that's absolute insanity!

I think your all missing the most important step. The cost of materials. I assure you the knowledge is free.

8. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Perhaps the time has come to cesspool this whole discussion. I have reread the thread and it's a complete waste of time.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. keith1 Guest

Entails understanding of the forces and space-time, how they relate (relative), and how we will (man)ipulate that knowledge. Free power? free sustenance? stepping through time? stepping through space? visiting nearby universes? My future ancestor watching me write this, and not wanting to disturb?

Epi, do you remember the thread we left that neon sign icon I made you?

10. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Your neon sign icon is here.
    (And don't call me Epi

)

11. Hertz Hz Registered Senior Member

I agree with wmminex. I think the universe will never be solved, I think there will only be opinions.

12. keith1 Guest

I have to move 30 miles this week. When I get settled in and get the internet back up and running, I will go over the details of making the neon sign.

13. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Can something that is come to be not?

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

On happiness. Theoretically it should please him. And if not come get some "god."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.