what is better nintendo gamecube or the x_box?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Decimator, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decimator Registered Member

I seem to like the gamecube beter it is smaller and designed ALOT better than the X-box also it doesn't overheat.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

the pc is better. I upgraded a two year old one that wasn't even top-of-the-line in it's prime and now it is a gaming monster! I looooove it! Don't waste money on consoles, because they are a waste of money!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jordan Registered Senior Member

PS2>GC>XBox

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

It's all about PS2....gamecube ain't even in the same class and X-Box will just over heat and crash

8. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

ps2 hands down...... but.. between gc and xbox.... id hafta choose x box becuase of its large memory, better graphics, and becuase it stores cd's..... ive never had the over heating problem. however.. i have found that the xbox travels better than ps2 (or atleast the first few ps2's... the younger one seems to be ok) and, although you all prolly know this.... keep your ps2 covered if you smoke. the dust will fall in there and mess up the tracks.... again.. that is something ive only seen with the first ones that came out.

9. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

PS2.....Wipeout Fusion....wrrroooommmm.....b´bye...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Just use a good computer. There is so much more choice in games and you can do more with it

11. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

I find console games more entertaining. There is just something about having a PS2 with a huge monitor, a comfortable controller and surround sound. Feels like you are more into the game.

12. Pine_net Chaos Product Registered Senior Member

X-Box

For now I say the X-Box because the only games I play are Halo and Max Pyane. Both of which are truly in a league of their own separate from the console controlling it. So if the playstation2 or game cube can play them better, I'm all for it!

13. LeoDV Obstinate idiot Registered Senior Member

People who say the X-Box is best because of the hardware go play some Jaguar.

GameCube is better than the X-Box, undoubtedly. More, better games, controller that isn't so big you need to be a pro weightlifter to wield it, but most of all Miyamoto.

To me, Miyamoto Shigeru is the greatest genius of video games history. He created Mario and tons of other great games, but most of all he created Zelda. His games provide a gaming experiecne like no other and frankly if for some reason he started developing for Saturn or something, then I'd follow him.

I know this will make me out to be a fanboy, but there are some people which I believe are geniuses, and Miyamoto is one, and since his creations are interactive, then I wish to enjoy them.

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

gamecube>xbox>ps2>pc

tht's how I see it

15. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

You read in Hebrew right?

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

no, tht's the right order

i really mean it:bugeye:

17. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

PS2, X-BOX, GAMECUBE, PC

Please read from left to right

18. LeoDV Obstinate idiot Registered Senior Member

PC has nothing to do with this.

Comparing PCs with consoles is a pointless argument because they aren't the same thing at all.

As far as X-Box vs. PS2 vs. GameCube is concerned, I think right now the PS2 is objectively the best because it just has all those great games - though the fact that it only has two player slots is a real bother.

And I, for one, love the GameCube philosophy : it's a gaming console. No more, no less. No DVD, no coffee maker, just games.

And as far as X-Box is concerned, first of all the design is evil and rude : use of x86 for sole market resons (Wintel), and the rest goes the same way : bad GPU, one block memory, inappropriate architecture...

Plus, the badness of the design can be seen even from outside : it's big as a VCR, it overheats.

The controller is fucking huge, and to me the controller is primordial, since not only it is the main interface between yo_u and the game (with the TV), but also and most of all, it's how well you handle the controller that directs (at least for me) how deep you go in the game.

And that controller is very evil. Six buttons, all of them misplaced, the two sticks are as far away as possible, same with the Start/Select buttons and the two triggers. I saw a small boy try it out as I went shopping for a new mouse, and his hands were two small to eveng o around the handles, or tap the keys, or the analogs - he could only do a thing at once!

I knew that kid was very small, but STILL!

And now, for the ONE thing that makes a console good : games.

PS2 : dozens of great games.

GC : less games, but that's because it's a year younger, and tons of super, exclusive hits are coming (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Eternal Darkness, and more, much more...), so that'll prolly be the one I'll be going with.

X-Box : even less games, out of which only one is good, Munch's Oddyssey, Halo being utter shit, and Amped being beautiful, but pointless. Nah, I'm exagerating. There's DO3 and a couple more games, but most of the games that are coming to X-Box are just PS2 ports or bad games. There are less, and less good games coming for the X-Box. And gotta love how they locked the DVD function to make us rack up more money.

In short, the XBox is good only to fry your breakfast on.

Now : PS2 > GCN > XB

In potential : GCN > PS2 >XB

19. esp Registered Senior Member

I concur!

20. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I own an X-Box, and I wouldn't trade it for a GC or a PS2 any day. People who say the controllers are too big are either going with the trend or have never even held one. They are the perfect size, and I'm not some freak with huge hands either. The built in HD allows you to install patches for games without buying another CD just for the game. It allows you to download your own music onto it, then playback songs while in a game as if they were part of that game's soundtrack. Not to mention it plays DVD's and music CDs.

With games like Halo and Max Payne, not to mention games like the new 007 and Wreckers due to come out in the spring, X-Box is very much alive. I don't know where you people get the idea that it has no interesting games coming out, besides the ones listed above you've got Tony Hawk 3, Terminator: Dawn of Fate (ooo! ;P ), Chase and many more. I have never had the problem of my X-Box overheating, it has crashed on me twice since christmas but what game console doesn't?

Personally, Nintendo had its chance with the N64, 50% of the games for it were aimed at younger audiences (probably around 6-10 years old) and most of the others either sucked or looked like a children's cartoon. I will never touch Nintendo again.

The only competition I see for the X-Box is the PS2. The PS2 obviously has more games because a) its been out longer than X-Box and b) you can play PS1 games on it. However what it lacks is exceptional graphics, a hard drive, the ability to install patches for games and the ability to upload your own music. I never liked their controllers either. =(

There's my opinion. XBox is more expensive, but sometimes the extra $150 is worth it, this is one of those times.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2002
  21. Thirty Seven Baron von "Guns N' Roses" Registered Senior Member

HA! 'Twas a trick question! Dreamcast is the best! Then GCN, then XBOX, then ps2.

I also believe that console games are funner than pc games, because you feel more in the game.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

not true
    Deus-Ex -> I have played it 12.5 times and counting

it is a masterpiece and I have spent days playing it without leaving pc for mre thn just a few hours

+civilization3
    +Age of Empires II
    +Soldier of Fortune
    +Final Fantasy
    +Baldur's Gate II Shadows of Amn - a masterpiece also
    +Dune 2000
    +C&C

23. Magenta Nihil est incertius volgo Registered Senior Member

ps2 and xbox own my heart =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.