What is enlightenment?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Vkothii, Oct 11, 2008.

1. werzil Banned Banned

No-one knows, except they know themselves. The words are not the state of enlightenment, but only sounds made by speaking.

Speaking is not requirement of enlightened mind. The Buddha decided to speak only because he considered that discussing enlightenment was something he, being enlightened, was able to do. He had not lost his reason or voice, he saw that speech was an ability, no more or less, and conveying his inner self, now revealed completely to his intellect, was his humble duty. This is embodiment of abode of bodisahtva, saht is the true nature, bodi is the tree that sustains it, it has roots that reach down eternally.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. werzil Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

{ . }

8. oldgrowth Registered Member

Similar Experience

Dear werzil,
    Who was the person that wrote the quotation above your post? --Thank you for your question swarm --knowing the love(how can I describe this love?) from animate and inanimate--- this is one reason I would like to find someone else who has experienced this-- it is difficult to explain or perhaps difficult for others to imagine--Peace

9. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

oldgrowth,

I read your posts and from what I've read it seems we have a similar understanding. Except my understanding is that rather than a nothingness there is an absence of somethingness. A concept some say is splitting hairs, but it's important to those trying to examine their mind because nothingness is still an extreme of thought, it slips into nihilism.

From my experience, trying to find nirvana through meditation requires a much more subtle understanding of the apparent inherent existence of reality (that being a non dependant related reality). Are you familiar with unproduced space? My limited understanding of that being: The subtle difference between the space which has no obstructive contact and is described as a mere lack of obstructive contact. It is an inferential example of how to differentiate between nothingness and the absence of something, whether that be thought, mind or reality. An academic approach perhaps, but that coupled with a path of bodhichitta is my understanding and attempts at experiencing it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. oldgrowth Registered Member

Similar experience

Dear EmmZ,
    Thank you for your response--Perhaps you are confusing my posts with anothers--I say this with love--I have not shared my experience with many Peace

11. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

My mistake oldgrowth, I perhaps read into your posts too much and put too much of my own input. Peace and love to you too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

If I understand correctly what you are referring to the answer is Vkothii in the original post in this thread.

What are you looking for? Maybe I have been there, maybe not.