What is Magnetism?

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Pascal Halbherr, Jan 4, 2018.

1. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

If a measurement shows that both spins are happening at the same time, it isn't a superposition (as QM defines the term). Since the spin of a single electron can only have one orientation (if there is no superposition), what you are suggesting cannot happen, or you've just proven QM wrong. In the latter case, I'd like to see the evidence.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pascal Halbherr Registered Member

Am I wrong to assume that you are looking at the evidence? The ferrocell shows the opposed spins at the same time while you are looking at it. There is Light, permanent Magnetism and Ferroliquid, how can we find out, if its about superposition or not?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

When you are looking at a magnet through a ferrocell, you aren't looking at a single electron, but at a large number of electrons. It's possibly for two separate electrons to have opposite spins, and that's not a superposition.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pascal Halbherr Registered Member

So any idea for the opposed spins? I thought we do not associate spin with permanent magnetism do we?

8. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

(Other will have to "tag in" here, because I'm not knowledgeable enough about that subject to dare give an answer.)

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

One is the electrical field, the other is the magnetic field it causes. This merely a still picture of the EM field. But what is missing is that this phenomena reverses and creates an EM wave function, the fundamentals of EM transmission, discovered by Marconi. Morse code is the simplest form of EM wave transmission.

10. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

Morse code is not a form of EM wave transmission. I think you mean something like: "morse code is one of the simplest methods of communicating using EM wave transmissions."