What is so scary about DEATH?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by chuuush, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i dont believe that there is anything other than physical about dying

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

So...you don't think the Soul can bite it?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i.. dont think... there is a "soul"

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. INTJ Registered Member

Never knowing

I suspect ying is something most of us grow more accustomed to as it approaches of course depending on how it happens. At this time I think the worst thing about dying is the knowledge that in all likelihood I will never understand why this universe is as it is.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Death is easy, it's living that's a bitch!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

10. chuuush Registered Senior Member

What can I say!

We can discuss this for days and days and at the end you will keep your belief while I retain mine. I just can't believe that we humans are made/created/formed/anyway you put it, just to live an unbelievably short life and then simply die for no purpose.

11. Peyote Ugly Registered Member

When you die your brain releases a large amount of DMT so I will at least be really high v

v

12. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

So when a child dies of starvation in Africa, what is the purpose there?

13. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i can
    I'm making the most of my life

14. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

How about getting your head gnawed on by a tiger? I'd imagine that would be intense. I've heard of people who have survived things like that--getting their heads gnawed on by tigers and wild bears. From what I've heard they feel a euphoria. They don't feel any pain of being mangled or teeth puncturing through flesh. They just feel being tossed around like a ragdoll and the warm feeling of blood and a sense of euphoria. Not painful, but sounds like a nice way to die.

15. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

I'm not too clued up on what chemical processes happen during death but I can tell you what I've heard about the mind's experience of death. The mind begins to dissolve into a more subtle state due to either one or a combination of things. Those being life force, span and your time just being up. It's not a peaceful experience for most people. Think of the last time you had a near crash in a car or fell over. The mind isn't prepared for what it's not used to and so panics. Most of the time it dies in a state of sheer terror. Very few people die happy and peaceful. Ain't that a happy thought? Some wise people from ,say, Milton Keynes might think about the inevitability of their impending doom and come to terms with it. No matter what I write here it probably isn't going to hold much sway on the fear some people have, but I think everybody has an innate knowledge that if you're a good boy or girl you pretty much have nothing to worry about. Scary thing is though, even good girls and boys don't get a free pass beyond Go. Oh no, I'm coming across all Jahova's Witnessey.

So, the aftermath. Well, mind produces mind so mind will never cease. Where it goes depends on where the wind blows it, so to speak. Live long and prosper.

16. chuuush Registered Senior Member

:bugeye: The purpose is to tell you and me not to be so greedy and stop thinking only of ourselves.