What is the case against Evolution?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Seattle, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

You've obviously made your provocative assessments there. Move over to that other stamping ground please.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Your bs videos are here. No reason to move -Besides, I promised to take apart anything written by your video scammers.
    Got a transcript yet - anything at all written by those guys?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Feeling especially pugnacious today? Note the red highlights. No need for a transcript - you 'know' it's all BS. End of story.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The transcript was not for my education, but for something to take apart - you issued the challenge, remember? I'm willing, and it won't take more than an amateur like me to do it, but I won't watch a video - life's too short.

And your predictable difficulty finding a transcript, or anything else written by those guys that someone can nail down and take apart, was a point worth making in itself.

Of course I know videos like that are bs - I haven't been living under a rock for fifty years.

8. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Ha ha ha. Note the current highlight. Yet you can waste I would estimate months of accumulated time spent in endless flaming posts with your usual protagonists over 'there'. Not biting.

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Ernest Schoffeniels (1973), Anti-Chance (pg. 4)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Examples of abiogenesis,
    H2O, two fundamental chemical elements producing a fluid substance which has many potentials including being "necessary" in the formation of living organisms.
    Just two chemicals, abundant in the universe.
    Carbon,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon

Three elements which are "necessary and sufficient" for being used during the emergence of "living" things.
    All living things have at least these three elements as common denominators in their patterns of expression.

As all three elements are abundant and extremely versatile in bonding abilities, an exponential multiplier creates a near infinite amount of variety, including "living" varieties, dependent on further evolution of complex patterns from other available chemicals .

The thing is that all stages of emergent life are demonstrably available in fossils and in current inventory.
    How many creepy, crawly, oozing, slimey, horrific creatures can you imagine that you cannot find in nature (at small scales).
    Life is so abundant that living things have been born a died in astronomical numbers on this planet alone. Is it possible that earth is just another source of panspermia? We've got a good part of the universe as a "sufficient" source for a "necessary" deterministic causality....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

How Do Microorganisms Reproduce?

and a "space-traveller"?

11. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And this may be be of interest;

12. exchemist Valued Senior Member

H, O and C are not remotely "sufficient" for the emergence of life. All you can make from these are acids, alcohols, esters and carbohydrates.

What elements are there in an amino acid?

What elements are there in ATP?

What elements are there in RNA?

What elements are there in chlorophyll?

Have you ever heard of an iron-sulphur cluster: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron–sulfur_cluster ?

13. globali Registered Senior Member

I am afraid he is gonna answer by repeating the same things over and over (his overall knowledge in biology is likely poor). He is not willing to learn or consider anything that contradicts his ideas.
    He just hijacks every thread to aggressively promote his new age/mineralogy/creative power of chemistry/quasi-intelligent pseudoscientific woohoo, by repeating the same things over and over

exchemist likes this.
  14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Yazata, globali and exchemist like this.
  15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I did not say that these were the "only sufficient" chemicals necessary.

Please note : "Three elements which are "necessary and sufficient" for being used during the emergence of "living" things. All living things have at least these three elements as common denominators in their patterns of expression".

If that is not clear, it is my fault. Sorry.

16. exchemist Valued Senior Member

What you mean, then, is necessary but NOT sufficient.

Necessary and sufficient means you do not need anything else.

17. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Brilliant!

P.S. How long did you spend creating that, you sad bastard?

18. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Yes the constant hijacking and preaching gets a bit tiresome, doesn't it? When I want a bit of a rest from it I put him on Ignore for a while.

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Thanks, that's beginning to look like a comprehensive library of natural phenomena.

These potentials are not mutually exclusive.
    Ok, teach me something which is not controversial. Religion has been hijacking science for 3000 years. Give it a break, will you?

21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

A mere fraction of the amount of time I've spent being subjected to it.

It's automation at its finest. W4U posts a limited set of boiler plate phrases, I post a limited set of boiler plate responses, but now it only takes me 15 seconds.

22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Read it again......and think about what it says this time.....please.

"Three elements which are "necessary and sufficient" for being used during the emergence of "living" things.

All living things have at least these three elements as common denominators in their patterns of expression"

Where does it say "only"?

23. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Your phrase? I have and it's self-contradictory.

Sufficient means they suffice, i.e. you do not need anything more.

Don't try to play Humpty Dumpty.